How to develop Farming Simulation

Frick

How to develop Farming Simulation

Post by Frick »

My dream would be if it was possible to choose different periods
For example: I start in 1850 with the tools that were back then i e horse etc and as time evolves I can invest in more modern machines.
Of course I should be able to start today or year 1930 or whatever with the tools that are available
I realize it is a lot of work to put in when this or that tractor became available, but for me it would be intereting to develop my farm over time
And seasons is a must!
Preble 818

Re: How to develop Farming Simulation

Post by Preble 818 »

Sounds like Empire Earth: farm edition.

It's not what I would want this game to be be, but it's an interesting idea. Maybe as part of an RTS type game like Empire Earth or AoE but with a farming theme. I'd probably play it.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Tyler62990

Post by Tyler62990 »

I think that would be a really cool idea. I can only imagine how long it would take to do 150 years worth of farming on 12 day seasons lol.

My ideal farm sim would be the flexibility and overall polish of FS, the RPG play style of Farmers Dynasty, and the driving mechanics of Spintires. From the direction FS has been going, I'm very hopeful and optimistic about FS21.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

This game has always been about modern farming and equipment. With more and more real brands signing on, they want their newest and best machines featured.

I like where you're going with the idea, but that's going to be a different game from a different studio most likely.

Seasons is a must though, always.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Personally I more enjoy the modern things and using large equipment to work a large ariable farm although I have used some older equipment for fun at times, Giants I don’t think however will make a simulation game along those lines someone else might though
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

Tyler62990 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:29 am I think that would be a really cool idea. I can only imagine how long it would take to do 150 years worth of farming on 12 day seasons lol.

My ideal farm sim would be the flexibility and overall polish of FS, the RPG play style of Farmers Dynasty, and the driving mechanics of Spintires. From the direction FS has been going, I'm very hopeful and optimistic about FS21.
Sounds like a cool idea but it would be limited to only the most powerful gaming computers.
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

The game already has this. There are small farm maps and small and vintage equipment. No horse drawn equipment (yet?).
x3SGTEx

Post by x3SGTEx »

It's completely plausible with the current equipment we have available right now in 17.

It may not be as primitive in that time era. But early 1900's is there. You just have to discipline yourself from buying the biggest machines when you have the money :lol:

I prefer they stick to developing how they are then completely reworking a already working game. Just adjust to your liking. I start with 80's 90's equipment and run those for hundreds of hours before I move to even the small newer equipment.
Twitch-https://m.twitch.tv/straightlinegaming_/profile
Twitter-https://mobile.twitter.com/slg_twitch
Specs-
Console- PS4 Pro
Gaming PC- Cooler Master pro 5 w/ ML240L | i7-7700K @5ghz | ASUS Prime z270-K | Asus GTX1080Ti Strix OC 11GB | HyperX 16GB ddr4 | Corsair RM750x gold+ | crucial 500GB ssd/WD 2TB hdd
Logitech G29 w/ H-shifter
Logitech T.Flight Hotas 4
Modified DS4 to joystick controller
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

IF all Vehicles and mod had a date of manufacture on them, Then you could choose the equipment according to your time line.
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

That's a good point why doesn't Giants add model year to all the vehicles. The two lizard pickups have model years it would be just 4 more numbers in the description.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

gmfarmer420 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:30 pm Sounds like a cool idea but it would be limited to only the most powerful gaming computers.
Have you played that new cowboy game? :biggrin2: My xbox is running it pretty well. It's polished, incredibly detailed RPG, and has deformable terrain physics. Now, if we can get Giants Rockstar's money...
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

fenixguy wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:50 pm
gmfarmer420 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:30 pm Sounds like a cool idea but it would be limited to only the most powerful gaming computers.
Have you played that new cowboy game? :biggrin2: My xbox is running it pretty well. It's polished, incredibly detailed RPG, and has deformable terrain physics. Now, if we can get Giants Rockstar's money...
I'm still waiting for the pc release date to be announced. But you can't compare what Rockstar can do to anybody else.
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

It's a great idea, but as already stated, you can already do this to a great extent. I use lots of old equipment from the 70s, and you can find older stuff if you want.
I start on hard level with small fields, using Ford 4000 or 5000, or old Masseys, small plough, tractor drawn wheat harvester etc. And yes, definitely Seasons mod as well.

It's hard to make ends meet, but I cut and sell some wood to keep me going & hope I can eventually make enough to buy bigger fields and better equipment. I dream of buying a Bizon z56 combine lol. But I do get to use some newer stuff as well if I choose to lease it.

It's much more rewarding, but just takes a bit of time to build up your choice of suitable mods.
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

I think adding the date of release on the stuff in the shop would be a great idea, it should then be pretty easy to add a sort/filter by year to the shop at the same time.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Sandhill

Post by Sandhill »

Dogface wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:57 pm The game already has this. There are small farm maps and small and vintage equipment. No horse drawn equipment (yet?).
^^^^^ This. The problem is trying to go earlier than what, the 20's or 30's maybe. I don't see how you could simulate horse farming, and I doubt that the ability to do that is even on the horizon. If a mod maker gave us a 1 or 2 hp tractor and dressed it up like a horse ? :lol: :lol: :lol: