Runaway Round Bale

NateS

Runaway Round Bale

Post by NateS »

In game, at least the FS15 & FS17 versions, round bales will roll, and roll, AND ROLL!!! down even the slightest of slopes. I really hope these physics are improved for the nest version.

The darn things will even roll straight through an entire corn field. That definitely should not be possible.

I know they are round and at some slope would probably start rolling. I would like to hear some thoughts from real life farmers about how much of a slope it takes to get a bale to roll away, and what you do to combat this problem.
PC & PS4
crash

Re: Runaway Round Bale

Post by crash »

back out of the row and turn the baler so that the bale sits 980degrees to the slope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK98wqXz8_U

But yes, the bales in fs has been to light, and a real bale has some give, the fs one are a solid "tube"..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Where I live, farmers can't just unload bales anywhere. It's common in smaller fields to see farmers dump all bales together in one flat spot so they don't roll away.

Have you ever seen one roll like this? :lol:
Some more examples:

This one is a very small slope.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Actually it's easier for collection even on flat fields it happens.

Also I've seen square bales stacked altogether this way
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

A few weeks ago I seen a stack of probably 40 BIG square bales go up in flames, don't see many round bales around here. That first video had me laughing fenixguy.
NateS

Post by NateS »

Speaking of round vs square... why do people even use round if square naturally stack and store better anyway?
... IRL that is
PC & PS4
crash

Post by crash »

Sqare baler cost more, weighs more and wants more hp.. Each puff of smoke/ rpm increase is the plunger stuffing the straw into the chamber. The New krone baler has a huge flywheel keeping the rpm stable the krone hdp 1290 weighs in at 12 tons, so on an hill you need a pretty huge tractor..

https://youtu.be/11QZMmKBzT4
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

@fenixguy - That 1st video though... if that had happened to me on FS17 I don't know if I'd be mad about having to chase after it, sitting scratching my head while only being able to say "ummmm".... or, choking on a drink from the laughter. If not... all 3. Would be - :?: :hmm: :blushnew: :confusednew: :lol: :?:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Tyler62990

Post by Tyler62990 »

I always keep a tractor with a bale spike at the bottom of a slope for just such an occurrence lol. Chasing down runaways is a game in itself. Anymore, I usually just turn the tractor or just make circles so I'm always going downhill while baling. The bale smashing into the back of the baler usually stops it pretty good.
Enradoo

Post by Enradoo »

Am i the only one that really hope that we get to see continuous balers in FS19?