Missing features in fs19?

VicParker

Missing features in fs19?

Post by VicParker »

I have played fs 17 for about 1000 hours on hard mode, and there are two things that I really missed in this game. The selling system, where the prices drop dramatically when selling is not working well, and in reality it makes sugarbeets, potatoes, wood chips, wheat and barley completely pointless. I did a lot of wood chips, and two small fields yielded about 700 000 liters. After selling 3 truckloads, the price was so low that there was no point in selling any more. I have watched a lot of livestreams this week, but no one has said anything about this. Does anyone know if Giants have improved the selling system?

The other thing that fs 17 really lacked was the ability to hire a worker to drive trucks and other equipment across the map. This feature is available in the mobile game fs 18, so I was so sure they would include it in fs 19, so that you wouldn't have to use the mod Courseplay. But I haven't seen anything on this topic, does anybody know if it's in the game? It would seem like a feasible thing to include in this game since it is in fs 18 for mobile...

For me these things were the most important improvements I were hoping for and I think it's really disappointing if they are not in the game.
BearClaw

Re: Missing features in fs19?

Post by BearClaw »

I agree, I also wish that if you can place your houses and barns, you should be able to make roads. Delete fields so they looked as roads, dirt og gravel.
And follow me should have been an option, or as you said, the trucks could be sent arround the map.
And i do alot of forestry, so the prices there is to low and boring
I love the smell of farming better than the profit
Thefisherj

Post by Thefisherj »

They're working on a way to make roads
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

It’ll be in a patch soon to come they were satisfied with where that system was at the moment so wanted to keep improving it before they put it in game
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

The “one dump” economy was my biggest pet peeve with 17 as well. In 13 and 15 you had an hour to sell your goods before the price tanked and it didn’t take nearly as long for the price to recover either. This killed the playability of the game for me. It may be fine for players that change maps quickly or like to farm on a smaller scale but for players like myself that concentrate on one map and build up to a large scale farm it bit the big one and is not realistic at all. If that’s the way farming worked IRL the world would be pretty hungry. There isn’t a farmer on this planet that could survive a massive reduction in price on any commodity after selling one load!
PS4
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

but irl we have 365 days
Stonecutter

Post by Stonecutter »

It would be nice if there were contracts for crops instead of the sell point setup we have now. Granted I don't know much about actual farming, but I'm guessing they have contracts with various buyers to supply certain amounts of crop at a certain price.
VicParker

Post by VicParker »

Completely agree with you canadafarms! I didn't know that it was 1 hour of the same price in fs15, but that sounds like a very good idea to make the game more fun for us who want to play a single map for a long time on hard mode!
Guil

Post by Guil »

Prices don't drop straight away anymore. I had a quick look yesterday after selling a 14000 trailer of soybeans and the price was the same, not sure how long it stays like that but it didn't drop straight away.
VicParker

Post by VicParker »

ok, thanks Guil!
But isn't it stange that this issue has not been brought up during the livestreams? For me its the most important factor of the new game, along with hiring workers for driving!
Guil

Post by Guil »

Hiring workers to drive across the map is a lot more complex than the mobile version. There's far too many things that can interfere with the helper.
VicParker

Post by VicParker »

Ok, I don't know anything about the technical aspects of it, just thought it would be possible since it is possible in fs 18...
Guil

Post by Guil »

Stegei posted about it a long time ago.
VicParker

Post by VicParker »

Ok, do you know where?
Guil

Post by Guil »

It will be like trying to find a needle in a haystack but I'll have a look.