FS 19 question to modders

hun3

FS 19 question to modders

Post by hun3 »

Since I dont care much about the vanilla stuff I was wondering how soon we can see mods coming in for FS19. The 10000 hours I spent on FS17 was 95% modded content.
3rd pedal

Re: FS 19 question to modders

Post by 3rd pedal »

I was told by other modder that modding for 19' is totally new and different by using MAYA so i think it will be awhile for them to re-learn on how to mod. seems that blender isnt supported in this one? we will find out eventually.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I wouldn't say re-learn, id say upgrading their minds to new possibilities and learning more about the features, what to take advantage of, umm, learn new features of the software, well i could go with what you said, but their not re-learning anything i don't believe, but as for maps from modders, it'll take awhile, some will start from scratch, others will update/upgrade their existing maps, as for tractors equipment ect, i think it depends on what their making, the new system in Giants Editor is crazy, the file sizes will be dropped dramatically.
3rd pedal

Post by 3rd pedal »

yeah from what i understand on modder's perspective is that they have been learning/practicing in last 2 years to get better at making a mod but this time it's a curveball learning on new features that will take awhile to understand what is what and what not to do etc. that will be another 2 years of self educating, re-learning on how stuff works. i might have used wrong term to describe it but yeah you said it all man.

converting from 17' to 19' shouldn't be too long but from scratch perhaps it will be awhile to see it in modhub. i think maps are easier this time but not for equipment
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

And this is what I have been wondering at least some one has some answers so maps will most likely be in the the next month but equipment will be later so run with what we have for now.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Thanks guys I guess we will have to wait and see. I did pre order the game out of curiosity but playing it without mods like seasons will be a bit dull for me. I think with the added vanilla features like moving sky and dynamic weed system we should see some cool mods coming down the road.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I do know this, i expect to see more garages and/or sheds in the modhub, but yeah, like with every game, you have to get a feel for it, and modders do the same thing with new modelling software, i can't really imagine what very new mods we will see in the modhub, what new stuff we haven't seen before on console will we see on the modhub, i just wonder what PS4 Plus members will get, if there still doing that this time around. But Cmtaylor, there will be mods/add-ons ready at launch, just to name a few, Big Bud tractors, the ITRunner pack, the 1455 case ih tractor, and probably more stuff that was in FS17.
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

hun3 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:31 am Since I dont care much about the vanilla stuff I was wondering how soon we can see mods coming in for FS19. The 10000 hours I spent on FS17 was 95% modded content.
10000 hours? So you averaged over 13 hours per day? How is that even possible
PC: 9600k/1080ti
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Rbk_3 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:09 pm
hun3 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:31 am Since I dont care much about the vanilla stuff I was wondering how soon we can see mods coming in for FS19. The 10000 hours I spent on FS17 was 95% modded content.
Must have meant 1000 surely? 10000 means after 7 hours sleep a day you’re are left with under 4 hours for ablutions,chores and eating for crying out loud
Bigfilmguy

Post by Bigfilmguy »

As a followup to the original question: Will modders be able to create maps that have buildings, equipment, etc. for New Farmer mode, but be empty in the other two modes? If I'm starting a new game on a map I want to be able to play the same way you can on the Giants maps.
Viva la Valtra!
Intel I5-9400F, 16GB DDR4, GTX1660 6GB, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD
PS4 and proud!
Thanks to all modders, we do really love you, even though we don't always show it.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Patrick73 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:50 pm
Rbk_3 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:09 pm
I might have exaggerated there a little but this game takes all my free time for sure.

Must have meant 1000 surely? 10000 means after 7 hours sleep a day you’re are left with under 4 hours for ablutions,chores and eating for crying out loud
Eggski

Post by Eggski »

How comes I'm already seeing mods advertised?
Farming the proper way, on PC.
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

Giants did not spend time involving modders in the development or pre-release. As an example there were open questions about blender vs. maya 48 hours before launch.

Some very simple mods based primarily on existing materials will be available quickly, but more complex in depth mods will take a while. The shader system is different among other changes. Most of the early mods will not look great compared to in game stuff until modders have a chance to change things.

The bigger script mods will likely be months away...which is really a bummer.
Blademaster

Post by Blademaster »

[/quote]

When it’s the only game you play you just don’t pause the game or turn it off. Regardless of what map your playing you set time to normal speed and crop growth to slow and let the farm run almost like IRL.
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

Bigfilmguy wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:12 pm As a followup to the original question: Will modders be able to create maps that have buildings, equipment, etc. for New Farmer mode, but be empty in the other two modes? If I'm starting a new game on a map I want to be able to play the same way you can on the Giants maps.
That shouldn’t be hard at all, on New Farmer mode the buildings at your farm are just placeables anyway (you can sell them if you wish), so I guess in Manager mode it will just start without those buildings and land.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.