Seasons

Cajunwolf

Re: Seasons

Post by Cajunwolf »

Preble 818 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:31 am
Cajunwolf wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:27 pm Interesting, anyone know why they show two versions of Windows on the download page, one for 7 and one for 8 & 10?
The installer is different.
Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping I can still install this on my Windows 10 Machine once finished, I'm waiting on more SSD's, but I have the collector's edition coming in any day now. Most likely I'll keep my Windows 7 machine going because I have too many games on it that might not work well on Windows 10. It's a Dell T3500 Workstation with a Quad Core Xeon @2.97Mhz, 32 GB memory, and a 3GB Quadro 4000K professional graphics card and I'm hoping it will run FS19 okay. I had my AMD RX480 8GB installed but it kept giving me driver issues involving shaders so it's going on the Windows 10 machine. People I've talked to playing FS17 on Windows 10 machines and the RX480 are having no issues with the card, fingers crossed, that was an expensive video card.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

You will be able to you'll just have to start it manually. That's from a giants employee in a post earlier this evening. I tried to find it for you because he explained how to do it but its lost in the tidal wave of insanity that's drowning the forum atm lol.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

Preble 818 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:31 am You will be able to you'll just have to start it manually. That's from a giants employee in a post earlier this evening. I tried to find it for you because he explained how to do it but its lost in the tidal wave of insanity that's drowning the forum atm lol.
Cool, and yeah, I've already had to do that a time or two. It's installed correctly and everything working well so far, a few bugs here and there, but all in all good job Giants.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Good glad to hear it's up and running
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

Yeah, been cruising around losing my way, but I like it so far. What're your first impressions? Or perhaps a new thread, so far there are only a few with gripes. No, it's not perfect, but for everything to work as well as it does in a first release is pretty darn good in my book. I write software, or did, I'm retired now, but still, I take care of a customer on the side that does high-end ID recycling for the oil and gas sectors along with the largest engineering companies in the world. That's where I get my used high-end workstations I use for gaming so I take care of them, right. The Windows 10 unit I'm setting up is a T7600 Dell with dual 8 core Xeon's, 64GB Ram, and 8 drive bays, and I'm waiting on the final 3 500GB SSD's at the moment. In other words, I'm gnawing at the bit to take her for a ride. As I mentioned, I'll probably leave this copy on my Windows 7 machine with FS 17 & FS15, and install the collector's edition I'm waiting on on this new machine.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

So far so good for me. I've already seen some bugs but it looks great and I actually like the new physics so far. Vehicles feel different in a good way to me. The gripes I've seen are either mostly from bugs or equipment someone wanted not being in game. I understand being bummed but some reactions are a little dramatic to me. I'm started up have the vehicles i need and just placed a horse paddock. I'm having a good time and that's usually what I expect out of paid entertainment.
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

DirectCedar wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:25 pm
cr41g_1965 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:21 pm
fenixguy wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:04 pm They would've sold at least one more preorder copy if seasons would've been included.
two
Three, four, and five (I'd have bought three :biggrin2: )
One more for me if they had that and the first couple of patches included on day 1. As it is I am waiting a while until most of the big bugs are worked out since I remember 17 being a bit of a hot mess when it first came out.
I do see patch 1.1 is already up for 19 so that's a start.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.