Logitech G920 Force feedback and FS19

myke20987

Logitech G920 Force feedback and FS19

Post by myke20987 »

Hey,

When using the Logitech G920 woth FS19 using the same profile I used for FS17 no matter what I change, the force feedback on the wheel remains at what feels like 100%. No matter what I do I cannot reduce it via the Logitech settings like I would for FS17. Also having the wheel option selected, it causes no end of hud flickering.
Sejer

Re: Logitech G920 Force feedback and FS19

Post by Sejer »

Having the same problem with the stiff steeringwheel
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

try running joy.cpl (win key + R, then type joy.cpl and run it) then when it opens go into the properties for your wheel and change the wheel setting from within joy.cpl, as then your changing it at a windows level.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
myke20987

Post by myke20987 »

Thanks, I'm working from home today so in the afternoon I'll give it a go and come to confirm if this fixes it.
alant82

Post by alant82 »

Hi,
Logitech G920 user here too and same issues. HUD flickering can be resolved by changing one of the menu options that decides whether to show the controls for keyboard or gamepad - it's set to automatic by default but setting it to one or the other stops the flickering. I wasted about an hour trying different things to reduce the wheel stiffness but in the end the only thing that worked for me was to unplug the wheel's power! Not ideal but gets me farming.
myke20987

Post by myke20987 »

I have just read a potential solution for the stiffness. Open FS17, alt tab to the Logitech software, click save on the profile which controls all the pedal and wheel options and alt tab back to fs17. Close fs17 and boot FS19 up and the wheel should remain set at the settings you have saved for the force feedback. I'm waiting to try this myself In the next hour.
alant82

Post by alant82 »

Good luck with that.
I had FS17 on console so can't try it myself though I did try the similar suggested method of opening up Euro Truck Sim 2 then alt-tabbing to FS19 but the wheel reverts to its default stiffness as soon as I alt-tab out of ETS2.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

As of yet I can't get my controls to work all I get s a constant scrolling of the options which only stops when I try and select something. Once I get in the game it will only allow me to control something via the keyboard with the external controls disconnected although it is showing it can see the wheel and pedals. My set up is iMac, G29 and saitek side panel which all works fine when I'm on 17
blame

Post by blame »

having the same issue with my thrustmaster t150
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

this is a joke. Had the game for 5 hours now and its unplayable with controllers. All I have done is spent hours changing settings, test it, doesn't work, try something else, doesn't work. Constant flickering of control icons key bindings that don't do anything.

I mean, this is the 4th version of FS, majority of people have controllers, we were told that logitec controllers would work with the game and now we find the game has been released like this! I don't care about the graphics, a dog, placeable farms or john deers if we can't even have working controls! Going back to fs17 now until we get some fixes and some mods
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Coldlandlord wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:24 pm this is a joke. Had the game for 5 hours now and its unplayable with controllers. All I have done is spent hours changing settings, test it, doesn't work, try something else, doesn't work. Constant flickering of control icons key bindings that don't do anything.

I mean, this is the 4th version of FS, majority of people have controllers, we were told that logitec controllers would work with the game and now we find the game has been released like this! I don't care about the graphics, a dog, placeable farms or john deers if we can't even have working controls! Going back to fs17 now until we get some fixes and some mods
Farmer Klein has posted a video on YouTube which covers a solution fo the flickering icons, but sadly for me it doesn't resolve my issue. The least I would have hoped for was a setup which worked fine on 17 would be east to do on 19.
myke20987

Post by myke20987 »

*flickering Icons*

In the options under the autohelp icons ( I think its the one below the options to select the language), I changed it to keyboard. This stopped the flickering of icons.

*force feedback*

For Logitech wheels, I opened the Logitech control panel. Then I opened FS17, I tabbed back to desktop once the force feedback was how I have it in fs17. I left the game running and ran FS19, once it was running I tabbed back to desktop and closed FS17. I opened my FS19 game tab and behold, I had the correct force feedback and was able to play.
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

When assigning the game to Logitech profiler make sure you set "specific game settings". There you set the stiffness to whatever you like.
When you start the game through profiler it should all be ok.

Edit: Also, in profiler options, make sure you set the global profile settings to FS19 or whatever you named it.
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
myke20987

Post by myke20987 »

This doesn't work for me so I can only use the fix I posted until its fixed.
Damofarm

Post by Damofarm »

I have the same problem, fs19 not reading the settings in Logitech gaming software and the wheel being too stiff. Hope they fix this soon.