[FS19][PC] Looking around with mouse: Annoying!

kbw87

[FS19][PC] Looking around with mouse: Annoying!

Post by kbw87 »

Hi,

Is there any way to optimize how you look around with a mouse on the PC version of FS19? I played it a bit now and immediately I can tell this was developed mainly using controllers to test this.
When you move the mouse, the movement of the camera needs to 'accelerate'.
When you stop moving the mouse, the camera 'glides' to a stop.
This is especially the case when walking around, when in a vehicle, this behavior still occurs but in a more subtle way.

The camera movement speed is not instantly 100% as in other PC games, even FS17 didn't have this. I don't know how to explain this but the feeling is off and it's extremely irritating. Changing mouse speed ingame or even the mouse DPI settings obviously doesn't change this.

I hope I'm not the only one who finds this very frustrating. This is so basic that it completely destroys my game experience.
And no, switching to controller is not an option. This is a developer 101 thing.
jodev

Re: [FS19][PC] Looking around with mouse: Annoying!

Post by jodev »

I currently have my mouse setup quite responsive, just the way I like. I did the following steps.

* First I upped the mouse sensitivity to 200% in the main menu settings, then exited the game.
* I then exited the game and opened inputBinding.xml in my Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019 folder.
* Near the top it has lines with mouseSensitivityScaleX and mouseSensitivityScaleX. I've upped those to 4.000000 and saved the file.
* Back in-game (after loading the save), I opened the General settings tab. In there, I upped the camera sensitivity to 150%.

There is still some acceleration while in-vehicle, but it should be a bit better. While on foot, it's much better, in my opinion.
Memran

Post by Memran »

Can confirm that looking around with the mouse is pretty horrible :(

Please can you make it like it was in all previous versions?

Edit:
I've just done what jodev said (thanks!) and it is better, but really it still feels very strange! There should be no acceleration, or weird limited turning speed. The mouse's input should directly control the view. Just like every previous version!
kbw87

Post by kbw87 »

I turned up sensitivity to 300 before reading this and found it was kind of ok. The turning speed is still limited though, which shouldn't be the case in a PC game!
I'll try what jodev said tonight.
Memran

Post by Memran »

It seems that this has been fixed. Thanks, Giants :)
Ajax045

Post by Ajax045 »

In FS2019 I have tried the above ways to setup the mouse, but the darn camera views with PC is so unplayable as the mouse axis camera goes back to pointing to the ground and doesn't hold in one spot to enjoy the game like in FS2015. Not everyone likes top-down views, some times you want to have side views without the camera go back to top-down views and moving by itself and not hold a position.to bad I liked the other Farm Simulator series and was looking to add another one to my library. I hope you get fixed soon, but doesn't look like you will.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Ajax045 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:57 pm In FS2019 I have tried the above ways to setup the mouse, but the darn camera views with PC is so unplayable as the mouse axis camera goes back to pointing to the ground and doesn't hold in one spot to enjoy the game like in FS2015. Not everyone likes top-down views, some times you want to have side views without the camera go back to top-down views and moving by itself and not hold a position.to bad I liked the other Farm Simulator series and was looking to add another one to my library. I hope you get fixed soon, but doesn't look like you will.
IT sounds like you have a device with an axis that is active and thus pointing the camera down. Try booting the game with no devices connected. That should fix your issue..
Ajax045

Post by Ajax045 »

Thank you for the reply, I wasn't thinking about my devices hooked up as I had a joystick still hooked to my computer. That fixed my issue with the camera pointing in top down view or as the farmer looking at the ground. Thank you so much for your help.

Take care and have a good day.