[SOLVED] Can not Bind any Axis to Accelerator

sillysimon10

[SOLVED] Can not Bind any Axis to Accelerator

Post by sillysimon10 »

As the title implies, I can't bind any axis to the accelerator.
The wheel is being recognised as i can bind the brake, and all of the other buttons its just that one function.
For the sake of sanity, I even tried mapping the brake pedal to it, and it still wouldn't work.

It's a game issue as I can use it fine in other games, and everything checks out in the profiler.

Hopefully theres a quick patch for it, as I've seen other people having similar issues with other brands of wheels too, and obviously the release day patch hasn't corrected it.
It seems odd that some people have had no issues at all though and others can't start a game as they would wish.

Simon
chachkins

Re: Can not Bind any Axis to Accelerator

Post by chachkins »

I have an old Thrustmaster wheel with the same issue. It's like the game doesn't recognize the actual accelerator pedal axis at all! I've tried every combination of inverted and combined/separate on the pedal settings, but no dice. This wheel works with all my other games... Maybe this gives me an excuse to upgrade my wheel?? :mrgreen:
sillysimon10

Post by sillysimon10 »

chachkins wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:23 am I have an old Thrustmaster wheel with the same issue. It's like the game doesn't recognize the actual accelerator pedal axis at all! I've tried every combination of inverted and combined/separate on the pedal settings, but no dice. This wheel works with all my other games... Maybe this gives me an excuse to upgrade my wheel?? :mrgreen:
Funnily enough, mine is a Thrustmaster too, but as I said, Ive seen people with Logitech, Saitek and Fanatec having issues too.

An annoying work around, I can actually set a few buttons as the accelerator, so I currently have my brake pedal, and a button on the wheel for the gas. It would seem my point about not being able to binding anything was wrong, it just doesnt like axis'.
So if you (or anyone else) can live with holding a button for a bit, it should work until a proper fix is applied.
DragoonXire

Post by DragoonXire »

Hey guys, try using the "combine pedals" in your corresponding profile/properties page for your wheel. It worked for my fanatec.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi guys!
Thank you for the feedback - regarding input devices: our game currently supports up to four different ones hooked up to the PC (keyboard & mouse, steering wheel & side panel for example). If you use more, the game will have some key binding conflicts, so please limit it to four when playing FS19. Also, be sure to delete the inputBindings.xml file found under Documents/MyGames/FarmingSimulator2019/inputBindings.xml after downloading the latest patch and then restarting the game. Hope this helps!
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
sillysimon10

Re: [READ] Can not Bind any Axis to Accelerator

Post by sillysimon10 »

Yep, tried deleting the xml after reading it on another thread. No joy.
I've deleted every input and tried just doing brake, accelerate and steering, still no joy.

I'm no where near the limit, as its just the wheel (pedals are the same USB) then keyboard and mouse. Still no joy.
Apache1222

Post by Apache1222 »

x Lethian x wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:33 pm Hi guys!
Thank you for the feedback - regarding input devices: our game currently supports up to four different ones hooked up to the PC (keyboard & mouse, steering wheel & side panel for example). If you use more, the game will have some key binding conflicts, so please limit it to four when playing FS19. Also, be sure to delete the inputBindings.xml file found under Documents/MyGames/FarmingSimulator2019/inputBindings.xml after downloading the latest patch and then restarting the game. Hope this helps!
Is there any way to have the game ignore an input device? for example I have my keyboard and mouse, a Logitech G-13 gamepad, and the Saitek Sidepanel Control Deck. I would like to possibly have it where the game ignores the G-13 as the control help only shows the G-13 hints instead of the hints for the side panel. Just curious. Thanks
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

I don't think the game can actually ignore a certain input device, sadly...we will note down your device and will keep investigating - that's all we can do for now, I'm afraid :(
Can you guys maybe specifiy exactly what combination you're using?
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
sillysimon10

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Can not Bind any Axis to Accelerator

Post by sillysimon10 »

I have a Thrustmaster t500rs, with the f1 wheel addon. But I've also tried it with the gt wheel and it still didnt work.
Ideally I'd like to use an xbox one controller too, but for the purposes of the bug, it doesnt work with or without it being connected.
so, t500rs, with a bog standard keyboard and mouse.

Ive tried combined pedals as I remember it from 17, and Ive also tried seperate to cover it, no joy.
I have the latest patch, tried deleting the xml numerous times and Ive ran out of ideas on my end really!

Ive even double checked drivers/firmware but I have all the latest - and have zero issues with other games.

Seems very odd, as its like the accelerator pedal isnt there at all.
Apache1222

Post by Apache1222 »

In my case I use the Logitech G-13 gamepad for primary movement around the map and I use the Logitech gaming software to create a profile for the gamepad to use when the game is running so I can have keybindings mapped to the buttons. However when I am in the gamepad controller section of the menu (where you can see the different axis of the controllers and adjust sensitivity) it shows a gamepad with no name, gamepad Saitek Sidepanel Control Deck, and mouse.

I tried actually going in and manually removing the bindings for the gamepad with no name, which should be the G-13 and then whenever i went into a vehicle the game froze up. so i reset the controls back to default. It's just an odd issue, I can work around it for now though. I do have another issue with the Saitek side panel, but i will create a new thread for that.

Thanks
sillysimon10

Post by sillysimon10 »

Another issue I've just found is if I leave the game, then go back on it, all of the axis/button maps are wiped and set back to default, basically meaning I have to do it every time I start the game up.

Genuinely might have to go back to 17 until its resolved, as I feel i should be able to use the setup i have, which i can in 17, and I honestly can't be bothered having to remap everything every time I come back to it...
Super frustrating when I can see people playing it with no issues at all
(Edit) and I cant refund it as I've spent 4 hours trying to sort it without actually playing the game! haha
sillysimon10

Post by sillysimon10 »

Okay, officially tried everything my end with no happy ending.

Deleted and reinstalled wheel drivers.
Tried different combinations of wheel + keyboard + mouse + xb1 controller. And also tried just wheel and mouse. (this also included a try where I disabled all other controllers my pc has had via the device manager)
Deleted xml file, restarted pc, started the sim.
Verified game files via steam.
Tried mapping in menu and in game.
Tried both combined and seperate pedals in wheel profiler.
Deleted whole game, reinstalled, booted, quit, deleted xml, restarted pc, booted, nothing.

jump straight into wheel settings, accelerator pedal is fine, tried other games to check my sanity, iracing, f1, farming sim 17 all working fine.

Can't really think of anything else I can do?
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

x Lethian x wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:50 pm I don't think the game can actually ignore a certain input device, sadly...we will note down your device and will keep investigating - that's all we can do for now, I'm afraid :(
Can you guys maybe specifiy exactly what combination you're using?
I am using as G29 wheel and pedals with the Saitek side panel which worked flawlessly on FS17 but I can't get it set up for 19 as it does not appear to recognise the pedals correctly, is there a solution to this as it has left me very disappointed so far.
N3oN79Italy

Post by N3oN79Italy »

Same issue with the Logitech G25, accelerator and brake can't work, with the default binding the acelerator/brake axis move camera up and down, and are displayed in the configuration panel as axis 7, looking on the keybinding file they are axis 4, tryed to copy the command as the acelerator and brake but it isn't recognized by the game neither this way...
sillysimon10

Post by sillysimon10 »

Without sounding like a complete w****r... I'm glad it not just me with the issue. :lol:
The game itself is playing great, I've just resorted to an xb1 controller for now, with fingers crossed they can resolve the issue.