[KNOWN ISSUE] [FS19] First person/interior engine noise too quiet

MikeF23

[KNOWN ISSUE] [FS19] First person/interior engine noise too quiet

Post by MikeF23 »

Just a thing I’ve noticed, the tractors I’ve driven have been insanely quiet compared to 17, is anyone else finding this?
snoxer

Re: [FS19] First person/interior engine noise too quiet

Post by snoxer »

yes i have the same "issue" with the sound! i’am wondering if giants has done this on purpose actually..
W1der

Post by W1der »

Yes ... even hard to hear indicators inside the cab.

Also ... sound dissapers to much when you zoom away outside the cab (IMO).

Engine sound is important for speed sensation.
Over all the engine sound is to flat ... and when driving slow it wont even change at all. It stays on ”idle”.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

This is by design. No issue here ;) Thank you for the feedback though!
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
Skunkworks

Re: [SOLVED] [FS19] First person/interior engine noise too quiet

Post by Skunkworks »

Internal noise should be adjustable or tweaked. There is too big a difference if you jump out to outside view as the vehicle sound, including internal sound is managed by one slider. I constantly increase the volume internally to hear better, then have to turn it down jumping outside.

This is not really solved in my opinion.
squerble

Post by squerble »

I'm disappointed that a dev has marked this as solved. While I understand this is a new feature of '19, I think it needs some improvement.

The volume difference between internal and external is too much at the moment. Interior sounds need a good boost - they should be quieter than external view for sure, but the difference right now is too high. The volume drop out when zooming the view is jarring too. Again, I appreciate this is a more realistic feature, but the amount the volume fades out is too quick - it needs to be a lot more consistent. There's a point in the zoom out where the volume drops considerably - I think the lower volume needs to be louder and the ramp from high to low needs to be a lot more consistent, as it feels like there's a big curve on it at the moment which spoils it somewhat. I'd say this needs to be somewhere between the '17 and '19 models to make this new feature work.

This is, of course, my opinion but I'm not the only one voicing the same concerns.
W1der

Post by W1der »

x Lethian x wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:43 am This is by design. No issue here ;) Thank you for the feedback though!
Design flaw ... :this:

You will change this ones more people had their say ... I am sure ... :mrgreen: *thumbsup*

Basically the difference from max to min volume is to big ... the min volume is to low.
Also to sudden "dump" in sound (not smooth enough) when you zoom out.(zoom function is to fast for gamepad IMO).

Thanks for listening ... :hi:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
MikeF23

Re: [WON'T FIX] [FS19] First person/interior engine noise too quiet

Post by MikeF23 »

Huge design flaw then.
W1der

Post by W1der »

GIANTS ...

You do realize that no matter what camera angle you use when mounted inside a vehicle ... one is still inside the cabin and the sound should therefore be the same !? :smileynew:
ColoradoFarmer410

Post by ColoradoFarmer410 »

Def not solved. The volume variance is ridiculous and needs to be fixed.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I think one of the worst is the Tatra truck. Not that I use it a lot, but I tried it yesterday and there's no sound at all...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
PS4farmhand

Post by PS4farmhand »

I'm experiencing the same thing on PS4. The volume levels are so low. Mainly outside the vehicle when you zoom out it becomes quite low. I feel it henders gameplay as I find it difficult to drive when zoomed all the way in. That's the only way to experience and enjoy the sound of the vehicle. :!:
Farming on FS19 🚜
On console, PS4🎮
Taking donations for an epic PC 🤑
Hmm.... Guess that's it. :hmm:
Oh.. I love emojis 🤪
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

I concur ... on my PS4 the engine volume level inside is so low that it is almost like driving in a vacuum. Pretty disappointing to see this marked as “not a bug”. If it was a design choice, it was a poor one.
Mirk93

Post by Mirk93 »

The sound in reality is like that. The problem that in the game even old tractors and combine harvesters have this effect. So little noise is right in the 6r but not in the fiat 1300. :hi:
BadBob

Post by BadBob »

Definitely not solved, its like you wear ear mufflers in the cab.
please change it.