Not all your users have good eyes!

eatc7402

Not all your users have good eyes!

Post by eatc7402 »

I've been here since FS13. Been using FS13, FS15, FS17 and now FS19. I was looking forward
to F19 but I am very veryyyy disappointed with some of the thinking behind FS19. I now 72
years of age. I wrote my first program in 1974 on Bendix G15. I've been around for a while.
But your software designers have forgotten about me and others like me when you
designed the new transparent menus in FS19 because you did not provide any possible
option for those that can no longer see the options in the menus. For example... if you are
going to use a seeder you have to choose your seed to use. How.... you have got to cycle
through the seeds with the Y key and observe the liitle characture of the type of seed
chosen by viewing it on the new transparent menu..... IF YOU CAN SEE THEM!

There is no cursor in the main map screen so it becomes impossible to a magnifier and see a larget characture of the coseen seed. No option to turn the cursor back on. No drop down
enu to choose the see the visually impared.

I am pi** you forgot about us! I am going to have to stop using FS19 because you neglected
to handicapped in your planing. Shame on you. SHAME!

eatc7402 :confusednew:
Ihavenoidea

Re: Not all your users have good eyes!

Post by Ihavenoidea »

Would have been nice to have had the option of a dark background under the graphics.
dof2141

Post by dof2141 »

and of course there's the small issue of the white tractor icon in the upper left corner, in among all the white clouds or light blue sky. only 68 myself. But I do have cataracts.
Farmer John 16

Post by Farmer John 16 »

I also have trouble seeing some things. The white tractor and tool icons are particuarly bad.
Playing on PS4
Ihavenoidea

Post by Ihavenoidea »

I had a stroke a couple of years ago and I lost sight in the lower right quadrant of my right eye, that makes seeing that panel interesting!
Justin22250

Post by Justin22250 »

The words and numbers are so small too that I can barely read anything. Whether it’s crop prices on the start menu or specs of tractors and equipment when I’m looking to buy something. It causes me eye strain and frustration. I’m only 34!
Deora

Post by Deora »

i'm 27 years old and have perfectly good eyesight, but for me it is also very difficult to see.
FS19 and FS22 on PS4
Decker_MMIV

Post by Decker_MMIV »

eatc7402 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:52 am [..] But your software designers have forgotten [..] when you designed the new transparent menus [..] did not provide any possible option for those that can no longer see the options in the menus. [..]
Yeah, the white-text-on-transparent-background GUI design, could use some background-shade to make the icons and text more readable. Specially when the background, where the F1-HelpMenu is placed, usually is bright blue sky.

There is one option to scale the HUD icons, which can be found in main menu -> Options -> Display settings, called 'Ingame HUD Scale'. - It can scale from 50% to 150% (maybe it should have been 200%), which will make the 'fill-type/seed icons' bigger. Not much, but its a start.
eatc7402

Post by eatc7402 »

Yes I had two strokes 20 years ago and cataracts too. The fonts in the 'shop'
are tooooo small and cant ge adjusted up in size. GOT to be fixed.

eatc7402
Website author www.extraalarm.org
Farmer John 16

Post by Farmer John 16 »

An option to adjust the color and transparency would also be very helpful.
Playing on PS4
Midxorn

Post by Midxorn »

i can make darker menu mod if u want? or atleast turn white icons into black as fast solution?
cpu - FX-8320 8-core OC 4.7ghz
ram - 16gb ddr3 Hyundai Electronics 2133mhz
gpu - Sapphire rx 570 pulse itx 4gb
psu - FSP Group 650W
mbo - AsRock 970 Extreme 3
Win 10 Pro 64bit
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

My eyes are +9... no way i could play on my regular 17” computer screen without contacts in
My guess is at development they use the same huge screens like at the marketing department of the place i work at?

Connecting to my uhd lg must be tested to see if things are clearer that way

I will join the call for so m sort of shading to the menu so it is readable all the time. plus they add percentage to fill level and full name of crop while they're at it... unless someone can mod that in?
MC, aka Master of Cereals
pingu

Post by pingu »

Agree. Despite having decent eye sight, I found them hard to read when I tried the game earlier this week.
<-- FS17 on an iMac 27" playing Lone Oak Farm and The Western Shore -->
fozbot1973

Post by fozbot1973 »

dof2141 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:56 am and of course there's the small issue of the white tractor icon in the upper left corner, in among all the white clouds or light blue sky. only 68 myself. But I do have cataracts.
I don't have visual impairment and I find that too small/hidden away. I liked the placement and size of this icon in FS17, it was easier to check which tool you had selected.
Farmer John 16

Post by Farmer John 16 »

Midxorn wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:19 am i can make darker menu mod if u want? or atleast turn white icons into black as fast solution?

Anything to make it more easy to read would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully it could be used on consoles too. If not, I'm sure some of the PC farmers would still appreciate it though.
Playing on PS4