Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Irish farmer 91

Re: Farming Simulator 19: Farm like never before!

Post by Irish farmer 91 »

Got home late last nite from work , about half 11 to an email from amazon telling me my payment for fs 19 and new George rr Martin book failed. Didn't realise I had to modify orders wen I added a new debit card. Only 2 things I've been looking forward to for couple months n now I've another 3 day wait 😢
Playing on Ps4
Xandro

Post by Xandro »

We already tried a lot of people and the result is a bit disappointing. The handling of the vehicles is not good, clumsy or slow. The handling or the precision of movements to manipulate pallets have worsened. The game is considered immature in beta or alpha state.
Do not like the behavior moving pallets (physical) and machines with them. The moving of the forklift is too sensitive.

Conclusion: The game has many failures and worsens its handling with respect to its previous versions, if the game is not solved it is in danger of falling into boredom. The game has varied enough from one version to another and it will take longer to get used to it.
It also has optimization faults in the loading of textures, even opening the info window with F1, slows down the game. We have taken a scare with the unfinished game.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Xandro wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:10 pm The handling of the vehicles is not good, clumsy or slow.
did you try changing the steering back speed I have mine set to 90% and the vehicles drive just like in fs17 and a lot of other settings you can change to help you.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

I'm really enjoying fs19. i'm only on my 2nd day of farming but have 15 hours playing haha. So much to do in the game and I love all of the new features in the game like rotating stuff. how easy it is to sell logs now, don't have to try and flip the trailer just to sell your logs haha... the contracts/ no time limit/ use your own stuff... chickens, horses. the placeables. the unload feature so you can save whats in your stuff when you buy something new like a planter you can put the left over seeds from the old planter into the new one. plot buying. new equipment.. and a lot of other stuff. Thanks Gaints.. *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

Am I the only one not having issues? My game is working perfectly so far. I love it, it is a huge improvement.
FS 22 and loving it.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Prstorez wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:37 am beacon light reflection for ps4?????
Nope
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Game is solid on ps4 no real issues for me anyway.I know there is still issues to work out and im optimistic giants will get them sorted.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Florish

Post by Florish »

lefe1 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:01 pm I'm really enjoying fs19. i'm only on my 2nd day of farming but have 15 hours playing haha. So much to do in the game and I love all of the new features in the game like rotating stuff. how easy it is to sell logs now, don't have to try and flip the trailer just to sell your logs haha... the contracts/ no time limit/ use your own stuff... chickens, horses. the placeables. the unload feature so you can save whats in your stuff when you buy something new like a plan1ter you can put the left over seeds from the old planter into the new one. plot buying. new equipment.. and a lot of other stuff. Thanks Gaints.. *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
Second that! Offcourse there are some bugs but the game is super! Enjoying to the fullest.
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

So far I'm having liking it. There are some things I've noticed for sure but it's not at all unplayable as I've heard. Ill say this the felsbraun map seems to look better and for some reason I dont notice the distance objects as being as bad looking. Thats one thing I cant deny is the distance stuff is worse than fs17 and the near objects look better. so when you look off in the distance and compare it to what's close by the difference is stark compared to 17. I think that's what's putting some people off. Maybe I haven't noticed it as bad on felsbraun yet but on ravenport as someone already posted in the bug thread the shadows constantly shift and that does mess with my eyes. Overall though I am happy with the game. Only time I start not likeing the game is when I read the forum but then I play again and for some reason end up having a good time.

Edit: I did want to mention I had a glitch on a Ravenport contract for mowing and baling field 9. I did all the steps and sole all the bales and it hit 98% completion. the first bale out of the baler was a grass bale which may have caused the problem. So I went back though and redid enough to get more bales. As soon as the baler hit 100% my leased tractor glitched to the northeast corner and the baler to the near edge of field 8 indenting the grass but invisible with no collision. The bale was left hanging in mid air with no collision. I reset the baler grabbed my own tractor and tried again. Same thing now 2 bales in mid air. I reset again restarted the game and one bale disappeared and one fell to the ground. I was able to complete the contract with that bale. I'm not gonna try and reproduce it because there are a tone of variables there but it's more of an fyi on the baling contracts
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

You might want to form that into a more specific question. if you mean, "Are there reflections", then the answer is "yes." Or are you asking how to get them in? That answer is in your settings.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Florish wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:07 pm
lefe1 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:01 pm I'm really enjoying fs19. i'm only on my 2nd day of farming but have 15 hours playing haha. So much to do in the game and I love all of the new features in the game like rotating stuff. how easy it is to sell logs now, don't have to try and flip the trailer just to sell your logs haha... the contracts/ no time limit/ use your own stuff... chickens, horses. the placeables. the unload feature so you can save whats in your stuff when you buy something new like a plan1ter you can put the left over seeds from the old planter into the new one. plot buying. new equipment.. and a lot of other stuff. Thanks Gaints.. *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
Second that! Offcourse there are some bugs but the game is super! Enjoying to the fullest.
Third here. There are a few warts, admittedly, some of which should probably have been caught before release. (Issues with NH CR10.90 traction and dragging header, or the Joskin Drakkar 8600 being almost impossible to fill, for example). But, I haven’t seen anything yet that can’t be fixed that I can’t live with. (Yes, the control issues that they have admitted to are a big deal. But, I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt that they, for whatever reason, didn’t see that train coming and are working hard to fix it.)

Overall, I think the new details on the models is fantastic, I love the new machines, the new contracts feature is great, the mechanic/physics feel more realistic, same for the sounds. Oh, and the lighting effects are awesome in my book; working at night is a different ballgame now, and the glare effect from a rising sun behind you on a dusty windshield is incredible. Yes, the “shadow dance” at advanced time settings is weird. But I only advance time when I don’t have anything to do, so it doesn’t bother me at this point. And, otherwise, the dynamic shadows are really effective for me.

So, overall, with more than 10 hours in, I think it’s good, with potential to be genuinely great once they fix the most glaring shortcomings and some of the old mods (GPS, Courseplay, Seasons, etc) begin to appear.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Faelandaea wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:20 am
You might want to form that into a more specific question. if you mean, "Are there reflections", then the answer is "yes." Or are you asking how to get them in? That answer is in your settings.
As far as I'm aware there is no becon light reflection on PS4 or a specific setting for it.
Even the indicators reflect only from the surface of the vehicle you are using or the implement you have attached. Not from other objects around.
If I'm wrong can you please guide me to the right direction so I can see them too? Thanks.
PS5 / FS22
Berek

Post by Berek »

Hello Guys,
After the first few hours of playing I decided to make a short review of the new release. I’m really interested in your first thoughts as well.
A review is always subjective so I try to describe my point of view. FS series is (I think) a new genre in the videogame market, which offers kind of different gameplay possibilities. According to my opinion there are three different groups of players:

1. Fanatic farmers: They handle the game as a hardcore simulator. The possibly deepest simulation is the most important need. They doing the fieldworks by their own hands (controllers) and every each of stages are carried out by themselves.
2. Multiplayers: They would like to work together in a beautiful environment with the MP optimized engine.
3. Solo players (this is me as well so the quick review is based on this gameplay option): They are thinking of FS as a management simulator where they have the possibility to be part of the simulation not only coordinate their empire from above the clouds. (this is what I call new genre) This kind of players don’t want to do everything themselves, but give orders, plan the future, follow up the ongoing works, and also – as a part of the simulation – join the activities. (take care of the animals, have a trip in the woods or do some forestry work)

New features:
Graphical development: There are no big changes. The environment and equipment become more detailed, but the engine remains the same so it is – I think – more a facelift than a revision. After all I like the game’s appearance as it is.

Horses: Charming new feature, but it don’t have too much impact on the gameplay.

New brands: Well, FS has a very good and professional modding community so I never felt the lack of any kind of equipment. But an author never let themselves to hand over the dirty work only for modders so this is a good point. And of course the new type of equipment helps the modders. (the new models are ready, building them up from scratch is not necessary.)

weed control: Good improvements, making the gameplay more realistic (at least more complex) and deepen the simulation.

Improved farm creation: Big step ahead!
- Own choices how to build up the farm
- Buying land instead of fields
- More freedom in creation of fields (I mean the possibilities to remove buildings, shrubs and extend the farming area, place stables, etc.)

AI: This is my only disappointment. If someone would like to play as a farming manager (Group 3) a good AI is really missing. Helpers AI doesn’t change as much as it would be necessary to utilize the possibilities of the “improved farm creation” tools. From my side I’m going to put the game on waitlist until CoursePlay or at least GPS mods are coming out.

After all it is clear that Giant put hard work in the new game. New and very positive changes appeared in the game so the progress is incontestable.
And - to be correct – if I take a look at the FS series as a farming SIMULATOR, my needs are out of scope. But I think Giant would like to make something different then a classic simulator (like Flight Simulator for example). As I take a look at the comments or take in consideration the popularity of the CoursePlay mod, I think Group 3 is a significant part of the players. And we really need AI improvements.

For me, if the CP mod wouldn’t exist the game won’t be playable. From other hand: if the modders (Who are making incredible work) would feel like they don’t have time or motivation to make CP ready for FS19, the new features would be waste I and I won’t really buy the new game.

Thankfully they started to work on the actualized version so it hopefully be ready soon. But if it wouldn’t happen Giant would lose numerous customers if they won’t improve the AI significantly.
After all I’m happy with the new features and still be a big fan of FS, but I’m obsessed with fear if they won’t react quickly I will lose my favorite game in the future.
PC
CrazyTrain19

Post by CrazyTrain19 »

I love the game so far, but I have one problem, and I'm not sure if I can fix it or not. My game doesn't fit my screen. The last digit or two of my money doesn't fit, and neither does most of my fuel gauge. I've tried to resize the screen in the ps4 settings, but it hasn't done anything. Does anyone know what I can do?
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall"

"Torque is how far you will take the wall with you"
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

There's a bug report about this,
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)