[INFO] G27 / G29 Wheels

Farmer_Mike

[INFO] G27 / G29 Wheels

Post by Farmer_Mike »

This is not a bug but helpful information for these wheel users.

I watched a twitch stream by Brummie Farmer and i mentioned the flashing menu only happened once for me.

He then told me he worked out that if your gear stick has a gear selected then this will happen.

So if you are using one of these wheels take it out of gear and it should fix it.

I hope this helps some people and Giants. :hi:

Edit don_apple: moved from 'Bug-Reports' to 'Technical Support' since as stated above this is not a bug report.
PC: LS11, LS13, LS15, LS17, LS19
PS4: LS17, LS19
PitbullTasja

Re: [INFO] G27 / G29 Wheels

Post by PitbullTasja »

Or check ingame settings if input help mode is set to either gamepad or either keyboard, it is default on auto.
That stopped for me the flickering issue.
Before changing that input help mode i didnt notice being in or out gear made difference, only the input help mode stopped it for me.
b101uk

Re: [INFO] G27 / G29 Wheels

Post by b101uk »

for me the filtering was caused by the unused throttle axis on my joystick, if it was anything other than the central position (works on +1 to -1 thu the 0 point is in the centre).

this problem has come about because Giants through they were being smart using logical button and axis ordering, i.e. a device with axis 1, 2, 3, 5 & 7 will be interpreted in the inputBinding.xml as axis 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

its then made even worse by the fact they in their logical button ordering they don't support enough "logical buttons" in the reordering system for wheels like the G27.

who an earth came up with \farming Simulator 2019\shared\inputDevices\LogitechG27.xml needs a swift kick in the nether regions, I had to edit my one to stop it screwing things up.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge: