Poor throttle control

mespalin

Poor throttle control

Post by mespalin »

Playing on PS4, FS19. When using vehicles, any tractor, harvester or the Mahindra UTV, there is no range in the throttle. It seems only low and high. This makes it near impossible to do technical work like loading bales, as I must feather the throttle, on/off. In FS17 the throttle had a smooth increase from zero to 100%, in 19 it seems as if there are only 2 or three throttle positions.
FS17/PS4/CPF/OSF/Oakfield/Lone Oak/Seasons
ColoradoFarmer410

Re: Poor throttle control

Post by ColoradoFarmer410 »

FS17 was worlds better. FS19 is a joke and a HUGE step backwards. They might have improved the resolution but everything else was broke. The invert axis doesn’t even work on the Xbox while in a vehicle. How do you go Backwards in improvement lol
PS4farmhand

Post by PS4farmhand »

I'm Having same issue on PS4..... thinking its by design but I do agree it's kind of an issue. The best way I could describe it would be that the throttle feels sluggish.
Farming on FS19 🚜
On console, PS4🎮
Taking donations for an epic PC 🤑
Hmm.... Guess that's it. :hmm:
Oh.. I love emojis 🤪
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

ColoradoFarmer410 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:56 pm FS17 was worlds better. FS19 is a joke and a HUGE step backwards. They might have improved the resolution but everything else was broke. The invert axis doesn’t even work on the Xbox while in a vehicle. How do you go Backwards in improvement lol
Since you don’t seem to have anything to contribute here, would you please join the other ranting in general discussion?

As for the OP: Is it possible to adjust controller dead zones on console? If so, I’d bet that’s the problem. It seems to be defaulting to a 14% dead zone on PC (which is huge for any decent controller, IMHO) and that’s what was causing me the same problem. (It effected steering and brakes for me as well.)
Deora

Post by Deora »

parad0x177 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:51 pm
ColoradoFarmer410 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:56 pm FS17 was worlds better. FS19 is a joke and a HUGE step backwards. They might have improved the resolution but everything else was broke. The invert axis doesn’t even work on the Xbox while in a vehicle. How do you go Backwards in improvement lol
Since you don’t seem to have anything to contribute here, would you please join the other ranting in general discussion?

As for the OP: Is it possible to adjust controller dead zones on console? If so, I’d bet that’s the problem. It seems to be defaulting to a 14% dead zone on PC (which is huge for any decent controller, IMHO) and that’s what was causing me the same problem. (It effected steering and brakes for me as well.)
Unfortunately that’s not possible on the PS4. I agree with the others. The throttle response is like an on/off button. In FS17 you could gently drive any vehicle. That’s not possible now.
FS19 and FS22 on PS4
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

I have checked all the settings I could find, tried many different vehicles, and all experience the same thing, medium and high throttle. I have tried over and over and nothing really helps. As a temp fix, I am using cruise control so create a smooth consistent speed, but clearly this is less than ideal. Things like loading bales, driving alongside a harvester yo offload, delicate maneuvers, etc are all but impossible with such limited throttle control. I sure hope they find a fix and patch it soon.
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

Same issue on Xbox One S... Throttle is either very little (slow) or all the at maxed out... Very difficult to go a speed in the middle without using cruise.
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

I use the XBox controller on the PC. Which axis is for the throttle button?
FiremanDJ

Post by FiremanDJ »

I have the same problem on PC.

When I first started the game, it had the 14% deadzone on all axis. Turned them off.
Steering and braking were fixed, it will not fix the accelerator however.

To test this, I've hit reverse, got up some speed and then applied the gas (aka, brakes) to see when the brake lights come on. That happens at about 50% of my throttle range.
Other games work fine with this controller (G29), it's just FS19 doing this.

Edit:
Just loaded up the game and it seems to be working fine now.
Not sure why, I reset all the deadzones the same way each time. Maybe a glitch in the game saving the settings?
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

Bump for console folks
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
TheSwede

Post by TheSwede »

And bump
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

Yep, no dead zone control for consoles. The sound also reflects this, idle or full steam, nothing in between.

It's just not right... 😟
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

Gonna bump this one again. Would certainly be nice if we could at least get a response.
The_undertaker

Post by The_undertaker »

Just curious have you Update to 1.1.3 Mespalin
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

I am on the original 1.1.0, the initial console release. I am unaware of any updates being released for console?