[SOLVED] Can not Bind any Axis to Accelerator

N3oN79Italy

Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] Can not Bind any Axis to Accelerator

Post by N3oN79Italy »

Well.. I bind the acelerator on a stick on the gamepad too... But it's a bit strange to play with one hand on the wheel an the other on the gamepad... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Randys1214

Post by Randys1214 »

I have this issue also amd to work around it have to

1. Click to map the accelerate
2. Press on the brake pedal
3. Click to map the accelerate again
4. Press the accelerator pedal

For me after i do this it now recognizes the accelerator pedal as an axis and not the brake anymore.

Note: it seems to reset everytime the game restarts. This also seems to fix the screen flickering between keyboard and gamepad help if you experience this issue.
sillysimon10

Post by sillysimon10 »

Cheers for the suggestion... Just tried it and still no luck!
Glad someone managed to get theirs working though!
cvKurt

Post by cvKurt »

I also have many of the controller issues others have seen... using G29 wheel+pedals and farming side panel. iMac / MacOS on Steam version.
Had everything working with FS17 with driveControl for press to shift to reverse... pedals not combined there.

For FS19, as there's no driveControl yet, gas/brake are combined but cannot assign to forward / reverse. G29 DP are confused with buttons. controls keep getting reset. Has issues with or without side panel... and side panel also doesn't work well by itself. Each combination tested from a clean slate (removed the Farming Simulation 2019 folder each time from ~/Library/Application Support).

Mainly posting here to provide my log in case that helps (this log is with only G29 plugged in). Let me know if logs of other configuration variants would be useful... or anything else.
norfolk farmer

Re: Can not Bind any Axis to Accelerator

Post by norfolk farmer »

x Lethian x wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:33 pm Hi guys!
Thank you for the feedback - regarding input devices: our game currently supports up to four different ones hooked up to the PC (keyboard & mouse, steering wheel & side panel for example). If you use more, the game will have some key binding conflicts, so please limit it to four when playing FS19. Also, be sure to delete the inputBindings.xml file found under Documents/MyGames/FarmingSimulator2019/inputBindings.xml after downloading the latest patch and then restarting the game. Hope this helps!
Is there any progress on this as I stil have a setup which will not work,Mac with wireless keyboard and mouse, G29 wheel and pedals and Saitek side panel. This setup works fine on 17, so far 19 is a backwards step for me.
sillysimon10

Post by sillysimon10 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:24 pm
x Lethian x wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:33 pm Hi guys!
Thank you for the feedback - regarding input devices: our game currently supports up to four different ones hooked up to the PC (keyboard & mouse, steering wheel & side panel for example). If you use more, the game will have some key binding conflicts, so please limit it to four when playing FS19. Also, be sure to delete the inputBindings.xml file found under Documents/MyGames/FarmingSimulator2019/inputBindings.xml after downloading the latest patch and then restarting the game. Hope this helps!
Is there any progress on this as I stil have a setup which will not work,Mac with wireless keyboard and mouse, G29 wheel and pedals and Saitek side panel. This setup works fine on 17, so far 19 is a backwards step for me.
Nope I heard nothing. I lost my patience with trying to make the best of it and I've been playing with just an xb1 controller.
Seems they're aware of it due to responses in this thread, and others... So I guess we have to wait and see if it's in the next patch!
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

Hi!

Is this problem happening with the latest steam version update as well? Please try the following: Close the game, delete your inputBindings file. Now start the game again and remap your device (don't use any old file!). Saving and restarting the game should now not reset any bindings/changes you just made. Make sure you don't unplug anything between the restarts. if you have more input devices connected (steering wheel combo + a gamepad for example) you could also try the following: Unplug the gamepad then delete the inputBindings, now start the game and map your steering wheel however you like. Save the changes and close the game, then replug your gamepad, start the game and remap any changes as well. Your settings should be saved now. Please get back to me if this helps or not, thanks!
How to report a BUG | How to post a log file | How to upload images
sillysimon10

Post by sillysimon10 »

It's only done it a handful of times... And even then I was trying to find a fix for the accelerator, so it may have been a coincidence, as its not happened for the game pad.
But I still can't assign the accelerator pedal to it, and I've tried everything I can think of, so I'm just having to use the xb1 controller until its fixed
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

The pedals have all their latest drivers installed as well? You could try reinstalling them to check if the game recognizes them afterwards, perhaps.
sillysimon10

Post by sillysimon10 »

Already tried... I posted a list of everything I've tried above. - which included deleted the drivers cometely and reinstalling them, no luck.
I'm positive it's not a hardware issue as its fine in everything else

Edit - it is recognising the wheel and pedals, and I can assign everything else, other than the accelerator pedal, to the accelerator.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

sillysimon10 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:38 pm Already tried... I posted a list of everything I've tried above. - which included deleted the drivers cometely and reinstalling them, no luck.
I'm positive it's not a hardware issue as its fine in everything else

Edit - it is recognising the wheel and pedals, and I can assign everything else, other than the accelerator pedal, to the accelerator.
Was your setup working ok with 17? Mine was and still is but will not with 19.
sillysimon10

Post by sillysimon10 »

Was your setup working ok with 17? Mine was and still is but will not with 19.
Yep, everything was fine on 17.

Edit don_apple: fixed quoting.
x Lethian x
Former GIANTS employee

Post by x Lethian x »

We are working on it.
sillysimon10

Post by sillysimon10 »

x Lethian x wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:00 pm We are working on it.
Cool, thanks.
I can't speak for others, but I always go into a new game with an open mind and almost always expect a few bugs here and there... Apart from this one and a few minor ones others have reported its great...
Just wanted to make it clear I'm not like "fix this or I won't play it" type person...
As I said, I'm using an xb1 controller in the meantime, and it's not stopped me from putting 40 odd hours into it already haha
chachkins

Post by chachkins »

chachkins wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:23 am I have an old Thrustmaster wheel with the same issue. It's like the game doesn't recognize the actual accelerator pedal axis at all! I've tried every combination of inverted and combined/separate on the pedal settings, but no dice. This wheel works with all my other games... Maybe this gives me an excuse to upgrade my wheel?? :mrgreen:
I just wanted to offer an update to my original post - First, thank you, Lethian, for looking into this!

The game will only accept a "2+" axis to be bound to the accelerate function in the gamepad settings. This includes only the brake pedal for the wheel, and the main backward/forward axis on my joystick. I can also bind buttons to accelerate, but no other axes on either controller.

This is PC, Steam version, Windows 7, game ver. 1.1.1.0 (patched in Steam this AM in CST zone). I have a wireless Logitech mouse & keyboard unified to one receiver, a Thrustmaster Ferrari Racing wheel/pedals, and a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, for a total of 3 discrete USB inputs.

Both controllers have updated drivers, test fine in Windows settings, and work well with FS 15/17, the Truck Simulators, racing games, etc. I deleted my input bindings file after the patch today, reset to default controls, manually deleted all auto-bindings to wheel and joystick, re-bound the controls I wanted one-by-one, and still get the same results. It seems the game is "expecting," and will only allow, one axis variable (2+) to be input for this particular control setting. Let me know of other troubleshooting ideas. Hope this potentially helps! :hi: