Workers stop working

svkb

Workers stop working

Post by svkb »

This is a broad issue not relegated to one piece of equipment or even equipment type.

Workers will stop working but the vehicle is still under the worker control as I won't be able to steer or accelerate. I have to unhire the worker and rehire them before they will start again.

Easiest way to reproduce is to harvest something. (specifically try the JD T560) Let the hired worker do the work until the bin is full, then unload the combine into a wagon. The worker will not start working again until you unhire and rehire them.

This is on PC.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
Jdstx38

Re: Workers stop working

Post by Jdstx38 »

You have to move the wagon out of the way or it wont start harvesting again
svkb

Post by svkb »

Jdstx38 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:07 am You have to move the wagon out of the way or it wont start harvesting again
Well that's just plain stupid. As long as there's nothing in front of the combine, the worker should start again.

Another issue with workers is that when cultivating and turning at the end of the field the worker will backup jackknifing his tractor and implement. Doesn't do it with all implements. I think it is more prevalent with the narrower implements.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
GERMAN HERMAN

Post by GERMAN HERMAN »

Get used to it they have hiered the same AI *$#%§* since 2013 as long as we got trains sandcasles and horses we are save
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Unfortunately GH is right. Worker AI has seen only marginal improvement over the years. The general rule of thumb is not to use worker AI to do an entire field unless it is absolutely clear of any obstacles at either end. The worker AI needs to be able to make a complete turn with the full width of its implement (this may be simply impossible under certain circumstances). In order to help them do that, it's best to create a headland (or several for larger implements) before hiring a worker. As a general rule of thumb, It's also worth noting that regular tractors will often get entangled in rigid implements over 10m in lenght, unless they have fairly long drawbars (such as the 12m Lemken cultivator and most large seeders). It's best to use articulated tractors for wide implements to be safe. Obviously this is almost always trial and error.
svkb

Post by svkb »

Funny because I rarely had any issues wit workers in FS 17. If there were obstacles at the end of a field the worker would backup and complete a normal turn. Here, they stop waaaay early then go forward, try to cut the turn short, back up again and jackknife. The AI is way worse (so far) than FS 17. 2017 they didn't have to wait for me to move the wagon out of the way either.

Have they completely rewritten the code in this game because it seems like things that worked well in FS 17 have been either removed entirely or changed so that it doesn't work properly.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
svkb

Post by svkb »

I think I might have figured out why the worker keeps trying to back up with the Horsch Joker disc. I think the rotation limit on the joint where it hooks to the tractor is not allowing the tractor to turn sharp enough. Does anybody know what adjustments to make to the xml file to allow this joint to rotate further, thus allowing the tractor to turn sharper?
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super