[FS19] Patch 1.1.2 Beta

norfolk farmer

Re: [FS19] Patch 1.1.2 Beta

Post by norfolk farmer »

Is this update automatically applied to Mac ?
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

@saltire266
Did you never fail in your job? The one who does nothing makes no mistakes. Look at games created by one person. Do you know what they look like? Now imagine a group of creators who must communicate with each other. Even a small mistake can be a mistake that will become a critical error at a later point in the process. It's a domino effect. I will not mention that it is only a small part of the barriers that need to be "jumped", removed etc. In addition, everyone has different PC specifications. Personally, I appreciate the Giants that they are sitting at work on a Saturday night for us, players
County 1174

Post by County 1174 »

Well said maikello
Toys7505

Post by Toys7505 »

Randys1214 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:06 am
And i still cant make combinations of buttons in the keymapping with my wheel. For example hold a paddle and press a button like i could do in fs17
You can do multi button combos, you just have to edit the Inputbindings XML file yourself. Pretty easy with Notepad++

Toys
Pict

Post by Pict »

Toys7505 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:19 pm
You can do multi button combos, you just have to edit the Inputbindings XML file yourself. Pretty easy with Notepad++

Toys
A simple example of how "Pretty easy" this would be may well be appreciated by those who don't visualize what you are saying :)
Ash123

Post by Ash123 »

i did the 1.2 beta update still got the same trouble still cant get in or out of anything still
Ash123

Post by Ash123 »

2018-11-25 14:52 Warning: transform group 'bushUS01' has elements very far out from the cell edge (29.61% expansion) and i cant get in or out of anything
saltire266

Post by saltire266 »

Maikello wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:16 pm @saltire266
Did you never fail in your job? The one who does nothing makes no mistakes. Look at games created by one person. Do you know what they look like? Now imagine a group of creators who must communicate with each other. Even a small mistake can be a mistake that will become a critical error at a later point in the process. It's a domino effect. I will not mention that it is only a small part of the barriers that need to be "jumped", removed etc. In addition, everyone has different PC specifications. Personally, I appreciate the Giants that they are sitting at work on a Saturday night for us, players
How do you know they were working the weekend?A fundamental priority to any game release is that the controls all work?Are the steering wheels and inputs so differant?
Do you buy a new car and the satnav needs a patch although they have sold thousands.

No.

I appreciate patches but the game has not been tested enough to pass basic requirements.Game engine hasnt been optimised to recent Nvidia or AMD drivers.

As a PC user we are nearly all on windows 8 upwards and the latest Mac IOS

Dont know about consoles but thats a worse story as they are all the same.How these issues were missed is unacceptable.Dont hear many comments from the mods on here who got free copies or the you tubers incase they get fs21 privilages revoked.

No excuses It needs a work and a better attitude/direction from Giants.
Toys7505

Post by Toys7505 »

@Giants -

This Beta patch did 3 things for me: G27 stiffness is gone, deadzone settings are now saved upon exit and restarting the game, and the "auto" assigned input bindings if erased stay that way with nothing assigned to them. Good movement here, looking for additional fixes as well. I do have 2 sets of buttons that register as the "same button" when assigning to the inputbindings xml file on my G27 Wheel still. I have confirmed this is not just my wheel but other people I know get the same result.

Keep the updates coming, realize coding and fixing bugs are not easy. Please keep the communication forthcoming to update us ALL on your progress.

Thanks,
Toys
TAfirehawk

Post by TAfirehawk »

If you have FS19 on Steam, you can manually opt-in to the beta in the game Properties. No code needed but each beta version requires selecting it manually.
machaqueso

Post by machaqueso »

Toys7505 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:56 pm I do have 2 sets of buttons that register as the "same button" when assigning to the inputbindings xml file on my G27 Wheel still. I have confirmed this is not just my wheel but other people I know get the same result.
Confirming this as well, more preciselly: the middle buttons on my G27 steering wheel (21 and 20) are registering the same scan codes as buttons 1 and 4 on the shifter.

Also when trying to assign button combinations like we had in FS17 or earlier only the last button pressed on the combination gets read.
jturie

Post by jturie »

My G27 appears to be working better.....I didn't lose any bindings, although I'm not doing anything tricky. Still can't use button 20 (middle right on wheel), but I see that this patch did not address that. Somewhat encouraging...
Toys7505

Post by Toys7505 »

machaqueso wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:01 pm
Toys7505 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:56 pm I do have 2 sets of buttons that register as the "same button" when assigning to the inputbindings xml file on my G27 Wheel still. I have confirmed this is not just my wheel but other people I know get the same result.
Confirming this as well, more preciselly: the middle buttons on my G27 steering wheel (21 and 20) are registering the same scan codes as buttons 1 and 4 on the shifter.

Also when trying to assign button combinations like we had in FS17 or earlier only the last button pressed on the combination gets read.
Yes, sorry I wasn't more specific as to which buttons. Appreciate your help in describing my thought better

Toys
Chesco

Post by Chesco »

Same issues here... G27, different buttons on shifters register as the Same on the wheel. Not beeing able to exit a vehicle. Entering, no problem, but thats it. Attaching Same thing...

I really just can't understand how this can be so screwed up at release... It's not that they've never done it before, and I mean creating a game with controls for vehicles.
Is it just me, or does this feels rushed to say the very least..? Also, why interchange back and accept in the menu?? Simple thing but annoying... Start, continue, was always on the right hand side, back or cancel left.. Or am i wrong here... Now It's the opposite..really gives me the feeling of beeing rushed big time. Not to mention al the other 'little' things like, the terra forming etc...
If I want to play 19, and this is getting lesser and lesser for the moment, I have to delete the inputbindings, and do them all over again, Every single time. This is the only thing that works ftm.
Hope you devs get it sorted.... Try and take a look at fs 17...
Appreciating the effort beeing put in though...
Toys7505

Post by Toys7505 »

Pict wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:22 pm
Toys7505 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:19 pm

Toys
A simple example of how "Pretty easy" this would be may well be appreciated by those who don't visualize what you are saying :)
Ask and you shall receive...........
On my G27 wheel, I'm using the left/right paddle shifters as turn signals. When I map them in the game, they show up as BUTTON 7 and BUTTON 8.

<actionBinding action="TOGGLE_TURNLIGHT_LEFT">
<binding device="KB_MOUSE_DEFAULT" input="KEY_KP_1" axisComponent="+" inputComponent="+" index="1"/>
<binding device="0_046D-C29B-1239-XFw/XEhJRCNWSURfMDQ2RCZQSURfQzI5QiM3JjI3YzAxODc5JjAmMDAwMCN7NGQxZTU1YjItZjE2Zi0xMWNmLTg4Y2ItMDAxMTExMDAwMDMwfQA=" input="BUTTON_7" axisComponent="+" inputComponent="+" index="1"/>
</actionBinding>
<actionBinding action="TOGGLE_TURNLIGHT_RIGHT">
<binding device="KB_MOUSE_DEFAULT" input="KEY_KP_3" axisComponent="+" inputComponent="+" index="1"/>
<binding device="0_046D-C29B-1239-XFw/XEhJRCNWSURfMDQ2RCZQSURfQzI5QiM3JjI3YzAxODc5JjAmMDAwMCN7NGQxZTU1YjItZjE2Zi0xMWNmLTg4Y2ItMDAxMTExMDAwMDMwfQA=" input="BUTTON_8" axisComponent="+" inputComponent="+" index="1"/>
</actionBinding>

And here, I have put both buttons together editing the InputBindings.XML file with Notepad ++

<actionBinding action="TOGGLE_TURNLIGHT_HAZARD">
<binding device="KB_MOUSE_DEFAULT" input="KEY_KP_2" axisComponent="+" inputComponent="+" index="1"/>
<binding device="0_046D-C29B-1239-XFw/XEhJRCNWSURfMDQ2RCZQSURfQzI5QiM3JjI3YzAxODc5JjAmMDAwMCN7NGQxZTU1YjItZjE2Zi0xMWNmLTg4Y2ItMDAxMTExMDAwMDMwfQA=" input="BUTTON_7 BUTTON_8" axisComponent="+" inputComponent="+" index="1"/>
</actionBinding>

Then just save the XML file, load the game and try out your combo button setup. You just have to know which buttons Giants "sees" when you press it in game. I do the same thing with my Logitech 3D Pro joystick using the "modifier" button (button for thumb) to do "combos" in game as well.

Hope this helps you.....

Toys