[SOLVED] Contracts Disappearing

Harada

[SOLVED] Contracts Disappearing

Post by Harada »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: XB1
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Contracts List
- Issue: When I press 'Accept Contract' or 'Lease Items' the contract disappears from the list
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
- Steps to reproduce: Attempt to do a contract
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no Yes (Felsbrunn)
XBox Series S
MechPilot85

Re: Contracts Disappearing

Post by MechPilot85 »

Seen this happen on Dedicated servers too.
Architect_Blasen

Post by Architect_Blasen »

Happening here too, Single Player on steam version.
New2019Farmer

Post by New2019Farmer »

Same here. Seen it multiple times now. After accepting a contract (sowing) it disappears / gets removed from the list.
Single player, Steam version on the BETA 1.1.2 branch.
Psistorm

Post by Psistorm »

Supposedly this seems intentional, contracts disappear on accept should they no longer be valid, as in, should whatever the contract requires already be done. Tbh I would much rather have timer bars on each contract that show me how long it'll be valid for, and invalid conctracts cleared automatically from the list, since right now the way it's handled is counter-intuitive and screams "bug" even if its intentional.
New2019Farmer

Post by New2019Farmer »

If this is intentional I would expect a message that the contract is not longer valid.
jenxy

Post by jenxy »

I don't think this is intentional.
On my game, when (non transport) contracts disappear, they are not regenerated. Instead, the field gets full of weeds and no new contracts for that field appear. I have had no non-transport contracts on my Ravenport game for several in-game days. This is also mentioned here :viewtopic.php?f=965&t=132719
To me, disappearing contracts and stuck AI field state seem to be related.
Mysticalmaid

Post by Mysticalmaid »

This is linked to the weeds in AI fields bug, those fields with weeds allow you to accept a contract (seeding for example) but disappear when you do accept it.
Hark

Post by Hark »

hi i've got exactly the same problem (on your MP server) like you and guys here https://www.fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?topic=204153.new
mission system is broken, there is growing only weed and 'broken fields' are in cultivated state.

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC (Steam ver.)
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Contracts
- Issue:Disappearing contracts and don't come agian.
- Single- or Multiplayer: Both
- Steps to reproduce: Probably when i accepted and cancelled some of the missions and they never came back. rumours says that when you cancel weed missions, but i can't confirm this for 100%
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no:Yes, Ravenport

firefox2026

Post by firefox2026 »

yeah I am starting to see the same thing. I wonder if the system isn't generating weeding contracts enough or something so they get stuck after a while?
sootysax

Post by sootysax »

its a seeding bug - devs are aware
western

Post by western »

im having the same issue Contracts Disappearing for me its the sow contracts and fertilizer...
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

After some investigation on my side (PC Version), it seems that the contracts are not being removed from the list when the associated field state changes over the course of time.
Most common (in my experience)
- Sowing contracts disappear upon acceptance if the field has shifted to a "planted" state; and
- Harvesting contracts (including mowing/tedding/baling) disappear if the field has shifted to "harvested" state

In all cases, the contracts (and future contracts for the affected fields) do not refresh, which means if you don't clear the invalid contracts, no new contracts will be generated on those fields (because one is already available).

If I were to hazard a guess, I think the contract validation loop needs to be amended/refined, such that if the critical contract initiation conditions (i.e. field state) are no longer satisfied, it should be automatically removed from the list of available contracts.

Entertaining Anecdote - Be careful when trying to clean up the contract list by accepting all of those you believe are no longer valid (in order to clear the list)... Ended up accepting a sowing mission on Felsbrunn Field 10... for Potatoes! First and only contract I have cancelled up until now LOL!
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

cmdrbyron wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:48 pm After some investigation on my side (PC Version), it seems that the contracts are not being removed from the list when the associated field state changes over the course of time.
Most common (in my experience)
- Sowing contracts disappear upon acceptance if the field has shifted to a "planted" state; and
- Harvesting contracts (including mowing/tedding/baling) disappear if the field has shifted to "harvested" state

In all cases, the contracts (and future contracts for the affected fields) do not refresh, which means if you don't clear the invalid contracts, no new contracts will be generated on those fields (because one is already available).

If I were to hazard a guess, I think the contract validation loop needs to be amended/refined, such that if the critical contract initiation conditions (i.e. field state) are no longer satisfied, it should be automatically removed from the list of available contracts.

Entertaining Anecdote - Be careful when trying to clean up the contract list by accepting all of those you believe are no longer valid (in order to clear the list)... Ended up accepting a sowing mission on Felsbrunn Field 10... for Potatoes! First and only contract I have cancelled up until now LOL!
Interesting, but what about Baling contracts never showing up?
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
Cheesemass

Post by Cheesemass »

I accepted a potato contract on 18 acres - afraid that four hours later my map is still marred by weeds and no contracts.