Is doing contracts pointless?

VMB-TAN

Re: Is doing contracts pointless?

Post by VMB-TAN »

jenxy wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:06 am I am not going to carry pallets 80 odd flippin' times for a Steam achievement!
80?! Damn, Playstation demands 100 O_o
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Missions system is better but...
In case any Giants employee reads this - PLEASE add filter/ordering functionality. You have 3 values (field nr, Type of work, price). Shouldn't be that hard to add this functionality.
Jumbo747

Post by Jumbo747 »

Hi The Seb,

Very good idea mate, your suggestion makes a lot of sense, just lease what you need to do the contract and game should drop the contact leasing price accordingly!!...
jenxy

Post by jenxy »

VMB-TAN wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:44 am
jenxy wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:06 am I am not going to carry pallets 80 odd flippin' times for a Steam achievement!
80?! Damn, Playstation demands 100 O_o
I should have said that I've already done 20. My bad.
VMB-TAN

Post by VMB-TAN »

Aha ok :lol:
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Jumbo747 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:06 am Hi The Seb,

Very good idea mate, your suggestion makes a lot of sense, just lease what you need to do the contract and game should drop the contact leasing price accordingly!!...
I shall chat to someone
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

IseOlen wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:04 am Missions system is better but...
In case any Giants employee reads this - PLEASE add filter/ordering functionality. You have 3 values (field nr, Type of work, price). Shouldn't be that hard to add this functionality.
They are ordered by generation time currently. So the newest contracts are shown on top. Not every contract has a field number.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

theSeb wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:42 am
Rbk_3 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:23 pm
theSeb wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:13 pm
Why don't you lease the harvester from the shop directly then? In the contract don't lease anything, since you already have all of the equipment and you are using both leased and owned equipment.
Well as an example. I have a contract for field 8. To lease a Case 9240, header, semi and trailer would take $4674 off the reward of $25708. Just to lease the combine from the store is $36600.
I didn't realise that there was such a disparity between leasing from a contract and leasing from a store. That's a bug then

Sorry did not see your question before, but yea...RBK gave you the good answer. The leasing fees in the shop are way higher than in contract.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Of course the shop leasing fees are higher than the contract leasing fees. If the shop was as cheap as the contracts, there'd be no reason to ever buy anything because leasing would be so cheap. If contract leasing was the same as shop prices, the missions wouldn't pay anything. If you adjusted missions to cover the cost of leasing, some of them would pay well over $100,000 just to break even.

I think they got the prices right. You lease something from the shop, you can use it as long as you want to for anything you want to. Contract leasing will only allow you to work the one field.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

holliday50 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:28 pm
Alexandro wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:12 pm You get a refund for seeds, or at least it happens when you lease an implement and you fill it at the shop. When I used my fertilizer spreader I got nothing.
You only get reimbursed for the seeds/fertilizer that remains inside the implement when you complete the contract. I learned this the hard way. I accepted what I thought was a lucrative potato sowing contract that paid $75k. I spent $40k out of my own pocket for the seed to complete the job, which took 3 hours to finish. I hardly had any seed remaining in the sower, so wasn't reimbursed much at all. So, I ended up clearing $35k for 3 hours of work, just less than $12k per hour. It ended up paying less than those $15k harvesting contracts that often appear.
This is just... upside down! You should get reimbursed for the seeds you USE, not the seeds you don't use. Am I insane or is this a really strange way to do this?
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

I really like the new mission/contract system although it would be nice if it was tied to getting discounts on the map either on land prices (like in 17) or equipment or maybe getting improved selling prices. I use my own equipment normally so typically do fertilising or harvesting. Harvesting seems the best as you get a bonus for selling product over and above the completion threshold.

Tried 1 transport mission but you’re given no idea what you need to shift and I didn’t have a FL for the pallet of milk sitting out when I arrived at the pickup point so binned it. Not sure why a description couldn’t be given to these missions - we had it back in 15 even!
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

Rahkiin wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:42 am
IseOlen wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:04 am Missions system is better but...
They are ordered by generation time currently. So the newest contracts are shown on top. Not every contract has a field number.
Not entirely sure if this is the order, though. The baling missions are ALWAYS at the bottom for me, the rest seem to be more or less in random order.
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

I think it is better then in FS17. Never understood why people spent 6 hrs plowing someones field in FS17. Lol. Just use money cheat , and it takes 5 seconds.I like transport missions, work perfect with Mods. I can load pallets in my Gator and drive around. Not like making much money but just for fun, waiting on crops. Forgot to say I am using MOD which lets you to load pallets by hand.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Regarding the reimbursement: you get re-imbursed for the stuff that is in the vehicles the moment they are taken away from you. So it is always 0 if you used your own vehicles. This is because you need to buy fertilizer yourself and we did not want you to lose 1000s liters of fertilizer when the vehicles were removed. You have to buy fertilizer yourself so it properly works with using your own vehicles (which can use liquid fert, solid fert, manure or slurry).
The price for fertilizer is already added to the reward based on the size of the field.

Hope that clears it up.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

You can skip the reimbursement by simply unloading the tool before completing the contract