Would Article 13 change things?

Faelandaea

Re: Would Article 13 change things?

Post by Faelandaea »

You have, as usual, missed the sarcasm of the whole comment.

For someone who desperately wants to be an internet lawyer, you sure failed at getting the point f the statement.

I have published mods ... original mods ... mainly in the form of signs and accessories for truck simulator. You yourself have used some of them. The best example was my real companies mod with custom 3D signs. Within hours of my uploading them, they started appearing in other mods. A common argument is that they are similar but not the same, but in truth a 3D model is like a Fingerprint. You absolutely can’t take and make a sign model, while I also make a sign model, and have it be the exact same. There will be polygons that are slightly different. That’s how I know they were the signs I created. They matched precisely to the ones I created.

You can quote lawyer fluff all day long, but the reality of it is, the moment I uploaded those models, I sent them to the world and to this day there is not a single thing I can, or will, do about it. I could whine and cry about others “stealing” my work ... or I can sit back and smile that others are enjoying my work, even if they do not know they are enjoying it. The more those signs go viral, the more of me there is out there.

If a modder has s doing a mod for financial gain, they are not doing it for the right reason.

Now ... in the shoes of a downloader. I am not like you. I do not play lawyer on every download I come across. I do not do a background check and hire a staff of lawyers to check every mod I come across on the wide world of the internet. I use only three download sites because they suit me for ease of use and the amount of content available. If I see a mod on one of these three sites and it looks like I might like it, I download it and I use it.

In your eyes, I should be scouring social networking sites and the dark web or something’s not to track down every author of every mod I download. Sorry but ... I still have a career and a life and want to just enjoy the game in my free time. I am not middle aged. I am quite young. But I do work a job and don’t not have hours to d background checks on a water tower I want to toss into my virtual farm.
Last edited by Faelandaea on Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
Farmer_Mike

Post by Farmer_Mike »

Well firstly as you are well aware if you read the official documents I posted what I have said is true. The only person who would disagree as I stated earlier is someone who wants to justify their bad actions.

I do not need to play lawyer it is black and white sir.
And legal stuff aside it is about doing the right thing by not supporting stolen mods or sites that do this that you clearly stated on the last page is OK.

I never said you personally had uploaded anything. I do not even know you nor do I wish to judging by the way you speak.
I made statements that I have substantiated with documents for the information of all including yourself as you stated that it was a free for all if a mod is uploaded and it is not.

I am sorry if you had a mod stolen but that does not mean you can justify it by saying it is just how it is.

Just because some people do the wrong thing does not make it right nor does it mean you should do it. You have the choice.
And by the way if you download a mod that is stolen or converted without consent and you know it or you download from 'Thomas' (who is a bot by the way so yea real legal) then you are supporting the wrong thing.

Maybe read everything I wrote again and then tell me it is still OK to take others work without asking or to support people in breach of section '7.2' like the bot thomas

NOTE: Changing your post above me now does not change what you said :search:
PC: LS11, LS13, LS15, LS17, LS19
PS4: LS17, LS19
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Wrong. You targeted me and me only. Therefore you were accusing me directly of everything you posted the documents for. Therefore, my stance still stands ... give links to where I have uploaded the work of others.

Also, I think it is funny that you considered me personally responsible for knowing if every mod I download is “stolen” or not. Or are you volunteering to do the requisite background checks for me? You definitely have the time to do so, so feel free to get started.

Your argument is very clear ... Anyone who downloads a mod from a mod site is responsible for trolling the net, tracing down the author, and clarifying with them directly if they have permission to use the mod. And the fact that I do not do that makes me a criminal. Ridiculous, but okay. What’s next? Go to jail for having hot goods? Does anyone at all remember when this was just a game and people created mods for fun and not profit? But, I see now that you support modding going corporate. That part at least is extremely clear.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
Farmer_Mike

Post by Farmer_Mike »

Again you are just diverting away from the point you made. You know the one i quoted you saying that was incorrect.

All I did was add a bunch of information so everyone knows what the correct information is not just your view.
I am sorry if me using the word 'you' made you think I was targeting you when it was directed at everyone.

I am not a modder so I can not comment on what reason the do it. But I have seen many of them upset they can not update their work or that it is taken and claimed as someone else's.

So I make sure to spend another 10 min to first check all the good sites (FS-UK, LS Modcompany, Giants ModHub, Marhu, and one or two trusted modders on facebook) and I always get the original and enough mods to satisfy. (There you go consider that your research.)

I am not going to keep arguing with you as your mind is set and you will just keep screwing the topic to suite you.

I have given the facts on page one and any decent people who care will understand this.

If you want to reply then try and justify the your comment I quoted in my original post after reading the documents. You cannot that is why you are going around in circles and trying to screw what I said.
PC: LS11, LS13, LS15, LS17, LS19
PS4: LS17, LS19
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

A lot of backseat lawyers right here, I tell you what.
Questionnaire

Post by Questionnaire »

throsbi wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:15 pm A lot of backseat lawyers right here, I tell you what.
Farmer_Mike is correct, Faelandaea is overthinking it. Sorry :sadnew:
Playing FS 15-17-19-22 on a Razer Blade.

PC Specs
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
AMD Radeon RX 590 "Fatboy"
Corsair Vengance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8) DDR4-3200
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Samsung 870 QVO Plus 1TB
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB M.2

In-game username:Questionnaire
Discord: russian_man_99
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Questionnaire wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:27 pm
throsbi wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:15 pm A lot of backseat lawyers right here, I tell you what.
Farmer_Mike is correct, Faelandaea is overthinking it. Sorry :sadnew:
Overthinking what? I simply stated a reality check. If a modder uploads something they simply can’t freak out if their stuff ends up getting tossed around the net. It’s that simple. It’s very simple, actually. You guys are the ones overthinking things.

So let me make it simple for you. A modder has two choices. Upload or don’t upload. Yup ... totally complicated, right?

Source: I’m a modder who actually recognizes my choice is simple.
Faelandaea Dravin
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Tell yall what. Go ahead and make and release a mod with a disclaimer saying it cain't be shared or uploaded else where. And when you see it being done go try to get a lawyer. Then come back and tell us how they laughed you out of their office....
PC gamer.