For all those that are tired of Meadow Roller

Randomnick

For all those that are tired of Meadow Roller

Post by Randomnick »

There is a new mod, that converts Qualidisc Farmer 3000 into a roller. No more vanilla roller!!!
It has an option to hire a worker. I just tested it, and it will go in a perfectly straight line, until the land you own ends.
It can be found in the shop in the same category as old one.

http://www.farmingsimulator19mods.com/q ... -0-0-fs19/

Im not a creator of this mod. Just sharing with you guys.
redglasses

Re: For all those that are tired of Meadow Roller

Post by redglasses »

Can someone tell me why everyone is freaking out about the in game roller?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Most of the traffic I have come across is people complaining about the speed/width... Which leaves me a little conflicted about this mod - very similar in terms of speed/width...
anthu

Post by anthu »

Hehe.
This is my mod.
Make them yesterday and take it today on modhoster.
Now he is everywhere.
Fine.
Have fun with it, easy to use

Lg
Andreas
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

redglasses wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:08 pm Can someone tell me why everyone is freaking out about the in game roller?
I think the reason everyone freaks out is because the roller in game has about as much functionality as a chocolate teapot. Many people who played FS17 were more fans of the Ground Modification Lizard Roller Mod which had a lot more functionality at being able to lay down different terrain types as well as could be handed to a worker to ensure you got nice straight lines and edges when working around fields. Giants really should have took this mod concept and applied it to their own in game roller in FS19.

I'm definitely looking forward to using the Qualidisc Roller Mod next time I fire up the game, as it looks to provide a good middle ground between the in game roller and hopefully a future ground modification mod for the game.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Arclight

Post by Arclight »

Will this mod make asphalt, concrete and etc?
Massey44

Post by Massey44 »

The big problem with the new roller is it's complete lack of precision. It's towed so it tends to drift and cannot be raised or lowered. If you want to stop resetting a field you have to detach it. In addition it also seems to affect fields you don't own and I managed to accidentally delete a large section of field 19 on Felsbrunn. The old Lizard roller from FS17 worked far better so I've downloaded this mod to give it a go because imho anything is preferable to the new one.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

good new people.

Randomnick

Post by Randomnick »

redglasses wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:08 pm Can someone tell me why everyone is freaking out about the in game roller?
Well, to begin with, it can't hire a worker and we don't have GPS for now. Try to make smooth edges with this piece of ...
Making straight line is very difficult and time consuming, sometimes you have to reload save. Most people have severe OCD :D and can't handle torn edges.

Other than that: you have to fold/unfold and change hitch every time you want to use it or stop using it. It's shape sometimes causes slipping, messing up straight line. When detaching it can also spin around.

People who dont understand this simple, yet effective mod, haven't used the vanilla roller long enough, or not at all.
holliday50

Post by holliday50 »

This looks like a great mod, but I'll wait until GPS is out before I use it. Otherwise, I'll surely continue to jack up the edges, lol.
Randomnick

Post by Randomnick »

holliday50 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:09 pm This looks like a great mod, but I'll wait until GPS is out before I use it. Otherwise, I'll surely continue to jack up the edges, lol.
Modded Qualidisc can hire a helper. I would save before, though, it can still mess up occasionally.
holliday50

Post by holliday50 »

Randomnick wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:28 pm
holliday50 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:09 pm This looks like a great mod, but I'll wait until GPS is out before I use it. Otherwise, I'll surely continue to jack up the edges, lol.
Modded Qualidisc can hire a helper. I would save before, though, it can still mess up occasionally.
Not sure I understand this concept. How can a helper possibly know how I want to design my field boundaries?
anthu

Post by anthu »

The helper can drive a straight line.
I make this mod because i want make my own fields with the plow.
But i really like straight field borders.
So i can plough the area and then i use my roller on the fieldborder to make it straight.
I place the traktor with my qualidisc roller half in field, half in meadow in as example 180degree and hire the helper.
And so i have a straight line because the helper drive straight.
This is not possible eith the ingame düversdorff meadow roller.
The other, my is on the 3point hydraulic, so you can lift it and drive away without rolling the ground.
Bytheway, anorher modder make rhe same with the ingame holaras roller. Placed on modhub.us he has more workwide.
Lg
Anthu
Randomnick

Post by Randomnick »

holliday50 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:57 am Not sure I understand this concept. How can a helper possibly know how I want to design my field boundaries?
He doesn't know, but can drive in straight line. You set it up at the beggining, and turn it off at the end. It's not a rocket science.
anthu wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:15 am The helper can drive a straight line.
I make this mod because i want make my own fields with the plow.
But i really like straight field borders.
So i can plough the area and then i use my roller on the fieldborder to make it straight.
I place the traktor with my qualidisc roller half in field, half in meadow in as example 180degree and hire the helper.
And so i have a straight line because the helper drive straight.
This is not possible eith the ingame düversdorff meadow roller.
The other, my is on the 3point hydraulic, so you can lift it and drive away without rolling the ground.
Bytheway, anorher modder make rhe same with the ingame holaras roller. Placed on modhub.us he has more workwide.
Lg
Anthu
Thanks for the mod, mate. Really appreciate :)
anthu

Post by anthu »

Further i tried to convert the lizard roller from fs17 but the GE 8.0 make mistakes and it was not possible to open this i3d in the GE.
So it was a workaround with the qualidisc.
I will make the lizard roller in future maybe.
Lg
Andreas