Hired help 100 times better than fs17(consoles)

VMB-TAN

Re: Hired help 100 times better than fs17

Post by VMB-TAN »

They need to be closer to the field to start I noticed (for me at least)
They have trouble with the big windrower and the trailer fertilizer. (they keep reversing and going around in circles)
The harvester keeps driving sometimes when unloading at the end of the field.

No biggies though, and these might all be bugs that will be sorted out :)
What I do like is that they won't drive into the train that goes by field 2 and 3 *thumbsup*
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

My biggest gripe right now is with sprayers notoriously turning off just before initiating a turn at field or headland edge, thus always leaving a swath unsprayed. Oddly enough, they turn back on at the correct spot when returning to the field.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Skullblits wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:28 am But if I'm pritty close or watch them. They do it perfectly
They need a supervisor, slacking away :P
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

Mimics real life. The 4W's. Works well when watched.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
Arrancar88

Post by Arrancar88 »

Seems like also combine won't continue harvesting, unless you move trailer away. In FS17, he just unloaded and continued working.
PC Steam
Farming since FS2009 :hi:
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

The AI still jumps fields though.

While harvesting, this wouldn't be a problem. But while plowing or cultivating though....
Ignorance is bliss
YEWTzee1503

Post by YEWTzee1503 »

Worker AI has a lot of bugs turning around big equipment on new maps. I downloaded the South American map on xbox one and I have no problems with Worker AI on that map. Might have something to do w the elevation changes on new maps.

On the new maps my worker would just continue spraying fields when he finished with mine. Would have to keep an eye on him.

I had my Deere pulling a Horsche cultivator and when it went to turn around on Felsbrunn he just kept turning in circles until he drove in to the pond. It was kind of funny to watch.

Once the first patch comes out I am sure this will all be taken care of.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Best improvement to the AI I've witnessed so far is the traffic understanding what the worker is going to want to do to turn around at the end of a field for the next pass and leaving enough space. They seem to have zero patience when a player holds them up however - on their horn immediately! AI is probably better all told than FS17 but 100 times better? They still miss spots on fields on the base Giants maps.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

I don't see this as a "100% improvement"...10% maybe. There have been helper glitches and hangups for the past few versions and yet they still exist.

Why pour a ton of time into a feature like moving pedals and levers to add realism while a helper still drives on the crop? This never occurred until a patch or upgrade was added to FS17.

In 17, they advertised a much improved helper, but that was not the case. They also added fields that were not perfectly square. That is fine, but if your "helper" cannot negotiate those perimeters, why make it so?

As with any other problems with basic features in the game, these need to be addressed BEFORE dreaming up another new, useless feature with problems.

At this point in the series, a helper should:

1.Recognize what the field perimeter is, whether it is standard or created.

2. Automatically cut the perimeter, including the headlands, first. The number of headlands cut can either be a standard option set in the menu or automatically determined by the size of the machine and header.

3. Does not get caught up on any place-able, rock, tree or terrain change. Certainly should not get caught on an adjacent object that isn't in the field. The only thing acceptable is another vehicle mistakenly placed there by a player.

4. Does not drive on crop, whether or not it is destroyed. Also does not drive on an adjacent field, regardless of the crop it holds.

5. Keep driving in reverse at a minimum. While many people who have never driven a combine don't know this, backing up a combine is a recipe for disaster. Especially when multiple vehicles may be entering a field. One prominent custom harvesting operation in the US has made it a rule...no driving in reverse, period. If this must be done, assistance must be called in. While not as important in a game, this needs to be considered when adding a feature that backs a combine a significant distance thru the field.

Fields should be able to be made right next to each other, close to structures and roads with no grass border. This is now FS19. Marked improvement should have occurred with each subsequent release but it hasn't. AT MINIMUM, actual glitches and problems need to be addressed with each release or within a release. Additional features to improve AI should have taken a stepped approach with at least one new capability with each release. THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED, nor has it even been addressed. This is not asking for more than Giants is capable of delivering. It's time to do better. With each subsequent release, players keep saying "well, maybe in the next version". That simply doesn't occur. Instead each version adds more "features" that only create more problems to fix and old problems just have to wait longer to be addressed.
Last edited by DeereJason on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

can't make everyone happy. but I am. So i'm still standing behind my post 100%. AI is 100 times better than 17. that is coming from having played this game for about 90 hours. (fs17 about 4000 hours played) So again Great job giants on improving the hired help..
jenxy

Post by jenxy »

100 times better? Not in my experience.
When I moved up to 6m cultivators and seeders on Ravenport the AI misses large chunks at the end of some fields (19 in particular) so I have to babysit them.
Also I've had the AI get caught round a tree trunk when spraying.
Maybe on bigger fields with more grassland around them things are better.
nkstyle

Post by nkstyle »

If we compare this helper to "Mogli12" Stefan Biedenstein mod AIVehicleExtension from FS17....
Hmm that's nothing to compare, they even cant work around field only across...
Racn

Post by Racn »

AI used to carry on with harvesting after unloading their full hoppers, but now you have to babysit the off load to move the trailer or auger wagon before AI will proceed. A step backwards in my opinion.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

From 15 to 17 was an improvement and 17 to 19 was no different, when I saw the field shapes on ravenport I was slightly angered that if the workers still acted like they did in 17 them I’d have to get the meadow roller and square the fields but to my wonderful surprise didn’t have to do this the workers are indeed smarter (still dull at times though) and now I can but fields that aren’t square and feel like I have to square them with the meadow roller, better yes 100% eh I’ll leave that to debate
fenixguy

Re: Hired help 100 times better than fs17(consoles)

Post by fenixguy »

I'll agree they are some better. I've not experienced a 100X improvement, but they do some things better and some things worse.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!