Is doing contracts pointless?

Dexzilla

Re: Is doing contracts pointless?

Post by Dexzilla »

They make money and early game and are quite a quick way to do so. I also love the fact that you can keep the last of the harvest. you can sell it for a little £ but it is how I get the root crops for my pigs without ever growing them …. ;)
XBOX YouTube:
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Cow Care and Cattle Calculations https://youtu.be/1LE5vF1b5v8
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Basic Forestry: The Wood is Good https://youtu.be/uKG1fEsLujs
Let's Play FS19 XBOX Ravenport HARD Pig Farm Pt:11 BAD MOTHER-TRUCKER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI84FSCccHU&t=89s
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Im on RavenPort field 8 doing a 82,000$ sugarbeet contract
I wasnt getting new contracts
I even accepted and canceled this one twice to get new ones and this one came back
Its gonna take forever!!
Hired AI to run the Holmer.
No More Beet Contracts!!
Plow em under!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

lolol that's like a 4 hour job taco.. good luck!
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

b101uk wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:25 pm one should avoid planting potatoes unless you have your own potatoes to fill the potato planter with (bar the very first small field which you will use seed [unless you buy a field with potato crop on]).
There's a better way to get potatoes for planting contract - take a potato harvesting job first and keep the leftover ;) The same leftover could be used for planting your own fields too.
In general root crops are a bit better now that the price doesn't plummet after first delivery. Also you can actually use tipper trains now to deliver and you'll get the same price for every tipper (provided it doesn't take too long to unload them).
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

TacoFarmer wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:31 am Im on RavenPort field 8 doing a 82,000$ sugarbeet contract
I wasnt getting new contracts
I even accepted and canceled this one twice to get new ones and this one came back
Its gonna take forever!!
Hired AI to run the Holmer.
No More Beet Contracts!!
Plow em under!!
4.5 Hours
16,000$ on tne extra crop being sold
Lease.Cost 4,675$ of the 82,268$ contract
77,593$ from contract after leasing
9,938$ for AI driving harvester and hiring AI doing my own fields
$4,179 for the AI buying seeds for fields 2 and 3
$4,026 for the AI buying fertilizer for fields 2 and 3
And a lot of truck loads of beets to the sell point.Im finished!!!
I think I came out good on it.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Dexzilla

Post by Dexzilla »

TacoFarmer wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:16 pm 4.5 Hours
16,000$ on tne extra crop being sold
Lease.Cost 4,675$ of the 82,268$ contract
77,593$ from contract after leasing
9,938$ for AI driving harvester and hiring AI doing my own fields
$4,179 for the AI buying seeds for fields 2 and 3
$4,026 for the AI buying fertilizer for fields 2 and 3
And a lot of truck loads of beets to the sell point.Im finished!!!
I think I came out good on it.
Sounds like a marathon. Is good there is always some left overs. The root crops from missions will keep my pigs at 100% without the expensive of stepping up to grow and harvest them.. :)
XBOX YouTube:
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Cow Care and Cattle Calculations https://youtu.be/1LE5vF1b5v8
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Basic Forestry: The Wood is Good https://youtu.be/uKG1fEsLujs
Let's Play FS19 XBOX Ravenport HARD Pig Farm Pt:11 BAD MOTHER-TRUCKER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI84FSCccHU&t=89s
Jumbo747

Post by Jumbo747 »

theSeb wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:34 am
Jumbo747 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:06 am Hi The Seb,

Very good idea mate, your suggestion makes a lot of sense, just lease what you need to do the contract and game should drop the contact leasing price accordingly!!...
I shall chat to someone
Wow The Seb,

I like the comment 'I shall chat to someone', if you are that well connected perhaps you might like to relay the following over to them or anyone else you know with some 'Clout':

"I have been following players comments on various forums and mod sites, expressing how Courseplay/GPS/Follow Me mods currently available, are very poor, and often do not work, or have not been created by our normal loyal/inventive/reliable Modders yet.

I get the feeling that they, like I, are disappointed that GIANTS have NOT included ANY such Courseplay/GPS/Follow Me, or any other IMPORTANT/MUST HAVE mods as "STANDARD ISSUE" in the FS19 game for its GRAND LAUNCH DAY on 20 Nov 18.
If you are a solo player, "Courseplay", "GPS" and "Follow Me" are an ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE , and I consider them to be uppermost on every solo players list of mods for FS19.

Lets face it, GIANTS know full well just how many players on FS15 and 17 have downloaded Courseplay, GPS and Follow Me, so, if we AGREE how popular these additions to the game are to us as players, WHY? are GIANTS NOT "Seizing the Day" by accepting liability to issue these mods as the initial part of FS19 from the start, and prevent this free for all on the NEXT FS (FS21?).

By NOT currently accepting liability for these basic mods, GIANTS it seems, are literally washing their hands of the matter and leaving it an OPEN MARKET FREE FOR ALL for modders to try and resolve the situation for GIANTS, in an attempt to make their FS19 Solo Player Game better and more Solo Player friendly.

As a result of GIANTS currently "Contracting out" these mods, lots of players are subsequently suffering downloading/bad programming errors that are being listed as available from modders (only trying their best I suppose) of for example downloading "Courseplay" and apparently finishing up as one player did, with the "Moneytool" - Wow!!!!

Because GIANTS are "Sitting on their hands" and simply NOT accepting responsibility for these solo player vital mods, the mods market is being saturated with a lot of unwanted junk! - Come on GIANTS you are NO DOUBT, making good money from your FS19, surely you can provide a better quality/value for money game for your customers, by doing MUCH BETTER than this!!!....."