Back to FS17 for me

niggle44

Back to FS17 for me

Post by niggle44 »

Having spent some time on 19 and heading back to 17 until 19 gets its bugs fixed and there are enough mods to make it interesting. Also a map with decent flat placeable areas so the terra forming thing stops me actually putting stuff where I want to.
Anyone else thinking of doing this ?.
Patrick73

Re: Back to FS17 for me

Post by Patrick73 »

Was always my intention to keep Fs17 just for seasons. I’ll just play whatever when the mood takes me
hmmm1810

Post by hmmm1810 »

Fs 19 all the way. Even with bugs. Couldn't go back to 17
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

lots of folks said and did the same thing when 17 came out. Memory is only for computers anymore.
MrMagoo

Post by MrMagoo »

I don't blame you, I have stopped playing it as well. What I should have done was held of buying it until next year until most mods are available to make it enjoyable at least but that's my fault for buying it now thinking Giants have changed.

People seem to forget they have 2 years to work on the next game and the game has been developed what 10 years? In this time AI is not acceptable and very little has been built on over those years. Giants is thankful there is no decent competitors in the market otherwise they wouldn't be doing so good and that is the trouble with most games right now, they get to relaxed and not have to update it as much as they should, money roles in regardless.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I have yet too leave 17 as the controller still do not work on 19 as they did on 17 on Mac and I am not playing only using the keyboard and mouse.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:24 pm I have yet too leave 17 as the controller still do not work on 19 as they did on 17 on Mac and I am not playing only using the keyboard and mouse.
I have the controller working on 19 on a Mac just as it did on PS4 for 17 aside from a couple of minor functions. I haven't got to a point of needing to use crane or FL controls though.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:29 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:24 pm I have yet too leave 17 as the controller still do not work on 19 as they did on 17 on Mac and I am not playing only using the keyboard and mouse.
I have the controller working on 19 on a Mac just as it did on PS4 for 17 aside from a couple of minor functions. I haven't got to a point of needing to use crane or FL controls though.
I will have another go and see if I can get mine going, the last time I tried it still refused to recognise the pedals correctly.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:33 pm I will have another go and see if I can get mine going, the last time I tried it still refused to recognise the pedals correctly.
I'm only using a PS4 controller, not sure if anything has changed regarding support for a wheel/pedals setup. Apologies if I have given false hope. The problem I was having with the controller was around multiple functions being assigned to the same button combinations, not recognition of the controller itself. Good luck anyway!
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

MrMagoo wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:41 pm What I should have done was held of buying it until next year until most mods are available to make it enjoyable at least but that's my fault for buying it now thinking Giants have changed.
I agree. I only come across fs17 in July 2017, so this is my first time dealing with a release. I wished I would have waited until Feb. or March, probably could have saved $30 or $40 too. I have no doubt it will be a great game when all the mods start pouring in and the bugs get fixed. Just wished I would have saved that $90.
New farmer mode always
Xbox Series x/..... Being kind don't cost a dime
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I want to go back but I dont think I can, I just dont know where to go with this game
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

I always move on to the "latest and greatest". I will miss 17, especially with the prospect of some essential mods possibly not making the conversion, but I do prefer the overall look and feel of 19. In spite of all its bugs and niggles. That said, I won't get into the full swing of things until CP and GPS are ported or remade. Can't play a large farm without those two.
MattFendt939

Post by MattFendt939 »

I'm not going back but it does make you realise just how much modders do for the game. Missing loads of things but especially decent maps!
jenxy

Post by jenxy »

I've been bouncing between 17 & 19 while waiting for patches and I'll continue to do that until more issues get fixed.
I might have a day off though as the Baltic DLC for ETS2 is out today.
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

Thanks for you replies folks - am a PS4 player so controls not so much an issue, but I get the feeling Giants spent so much on graphics etc that they forgot some of the core play.

Yeah I did pre-order but think I made an error - love the game but after 2 years of fs17 and all its maps and mods this is a shallow version - SO FAR - sure it will end up being awesome, but right now "old school" for me.