Grass in fs19 questions

Tripp_

Grass in fs19 questions

Post by Tripp_ »

Questions about grass in fs19
In fs17 I read that it didn't matter what stage (or color of orange) you harvested your crops, you'd get the same amount of harvested crop.
But that only grass would yeld more in the final stage.

Is that true in fs19?

And my second question is..
When my grass grows, it always says that it has the frist stage of fertilizer done. Will I get more grass if I actually fertilize the grass to the second stage?
I did it once and the darker blue color showed up on the field but I don't know if I got more grass.

Thanks for any help.
INSTG8R

Re: Grass in fs19 questions

Post by INSTG8R »

Well if you got the darker blue you got max fertilization so yes you should get more grass.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

For all crops but grass, yes... for your first question

For your second, yes. Fertalizing a grass field will improve its yield, they only need it once since they always have stage 1 fert
PC gamer.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I always wondered about this in all fs games, but is it worth putting fertilizer on the grass fields? For making hay bales and/or using it for silage.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

it is BigC.. not in fs15.. grass wasn't counted as a field.. but they changed that in fs17 and it remains that way in fs19
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

I fertilized the heck out of my grass fields in FS17 and it made a huge difference.
St1ll A Buster

Post by St1ll A Buster »

So I turned a field that I previously used for crops into a grass field. The grass grew and it is now in its second stage of growth and it has weeds in it(100%).I have not fertilized it yet. I tried spraying them with herbicide and it does not kill the weeds. The field right next to it has canola in it and I spray the weeds in it and they die no problem. Am I doing something wrong or is it a glitch?
Farm Sim 22 Xbox Series S is my version.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

While it isn’t totally consistent with reality, it is consistent with the game mechanics as I have seen them described. Basically, you can only treat weeds if the crop isn’t mature and ready to harvest.

If you waited until your canola was ready for harvest, the herbicide will have no effect on the yield in the same way the fertilizer wouldn’t help. (Your yield has already been determined since the crop is mature.) I believe grass is similar, though you can probably treat weeds until the final growth stage is reached.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Grass is bugged on PC atm, it won't grow past the first stage of harvest which really hurts its yield. But not sure if it is due to that causing the yield to be to low for the weeds to affect it or weeds not affecting grass at all, since they are really grass themselves anyway... But I cain't tell a difference in yield when weeds are there or not.
PC gamer.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

BigC92 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:18 am I always wondered about this in all fs games, but is it worth putting fertilizer on the grass fields? For making hay bales and/or using it for silage.
In 17 you could just use a weeder for all stages of fertilisation (on grass) so for costs you were only looking at running costs for the tractor and weeder, and maybe wages for a worker. And the yield did make it worth it. Not sure if anything has changed in 19 on that.
Randomnick

Post by Randomnick »

Beastbubba wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:51 am Grass is bugged on PC atm, it won't grow past the first stage of harvest which really hurts its yield. But not sure if it is due to that causing the yield to be to low for the weeds to affect it or weeds not affecting grass at all, since they are really grass themselves anyway... But I cain't tell a difference in yield when weeds are there or not.
I dont think weed has anything to do in this case. I believe it's either bugged or intentional. Even the grass which is not a "field", I mean original Giants grass around fields, roads etc. won't grow past stage one. It doesn't matter if you cut it or simply drive a tractor and destroy the grass. Those patches of immature grass will be present no matter how much days have passed.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Yep I had the same "problem"...i waited 5 in game days and my grass never passed the first stage. It was fully fertilized
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Randomnick wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:16 pm
Beastbubba wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:51 am Grass is bugged on PC atm, it won't grow past the first stage of harvest which really hurts its yield. But not sure if it is due to that causing the yield to be to low for the weeds to affect it or weeds not affecting grass at all, since they are really grass themselves anyway... But I cain't tell a difference in yield when weeds are there or not.
I dont think weed has anything to do in this case. I believe it's either bugged or intentional. Even the grass which is not a "field", I mean original Giants grass around fields, roads etc. won't grow past stage one. It doesn't matter if you cut it or simply drive a tractor and destroy the grass. Those patches of immature grass will be present no matter how much days have passed.
Its bugged, have heard some console players say theirs grows like it should...
PC gamer.
xterminator24

Post by xterminator24 »

I submitted this as a bug earlier. Wasn't acknowledged yet.
viewtopic.php?f=965&t=134340&p=1051054#p1051054
deddycantshoot

Post by deddycantshoot »

I can confirm,grass grows like it should on ps4, on my pc it wont get to the last stage.