[SOLVED] Silo Expansion

The_undertaker

[SOLVED] Silo Expansion

Post by The_undertaker »

PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: Pc
- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: Silos Expansion
- Issue: When you Add a Silo Expansion you Cant Access the Grain in your Expansion Slos
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
- Steps to reproduce: Add a Silo Expansion
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods: Yes/yes
markare

Re: Silo Expansion

Post by markare »

The silo expansion sits next to your main grain silo. All it does is give extra space to store. There is no way to get it directly from the expansion. If you look at your crop selling price menu you will notice your silo has increased capacity.

You don't access your expansion directly. You need to collect the grains from your main silo.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
The_undertaker

Post by The_undertaker »

I know this already and when you goto the main Silo you Cant access it
TheShinigami

Post by TheShinigami »

I have this exact same problem (also on PC). I have several extensions next to my main silo and it doesn't seem like they are properly tied to the main silo. When I go to empty the 57,505l of soybeans, it only allows me to pull out 18,123l. The rest is completely inaccessible. I can't pull out ANY of my wheat or oats as well.

(edit)
It actually lists the full amount of crop in the "Silos (Owned)" total, but also shows an amount in the "Silos (Other)" category. The amount in the (Other) list is the amount that is inaccessible.
In my case, it shows 57,505l total for soybeans in the "Silos (Owned)" category, then shows 39,382l in the "Silos (Other)" category. 57505-39382=18,123l which is the amount it will actually let me take out. Apparently, it thinks I don't own the silo extensions I bought.
The_undertaker

Post by The_undertaker »

I feel your Pain there Mate i got tired of it and sold the expansion and it also sold the Grain in it till i can find out why it does this cause i Honstly Assumed you put a expansion silo and it would be accesible through your Main Silo
S.Mikkelsen

Post by S.Mikkelsen »

Have the exact same problems with Silo extensions in Multiplayer.
on Felsbrunn, also on PC.

have over 70k liters of barley and over 100k liters of wheat i cant access.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [SOLVED] Silo Expansion

Post by Rahkiin »

We have fixed a bunch of silo issues in 1.2, please see if it was fixed, and if not let us know. Thanks!
Spiritine

Post by Spiritine »

Rahkiin
I'm on 1.2 and after a certain amount, some of my crop still came up as stored in 'other' instead of 'owned', but when I drained the silo the 'other' amount came out too.
Electsilver8

Post by Electsilver8 »

I'm on console, and have the same problem. Has the patch came out for console yet?
Electsilver8

Post by Electsilver8 »

Why is it saying solved by the topic title? Is it really fixed in game?
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Spiritine wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:39 pm Rahkiin
I'm on 1.2 and after a certain amount, some of my crop still came up as stored in 'other' instead of 'owned', but when I drained the silo the 'other' amount came out too.
Can you tell me what steps I could take to cause this issue? Then I can see if we can fix it.

I got this:
- Add wheat to a train station
- Add wheat to your own farm silo
- Remove wheat from farm silo
- This should now be what you had in the farm silo AND (wrongly) what you had in the station?
Spiritine

Post by Spiritine »

Rahkiin, Sorry I should have explained better.

-I don't add wheat to the train station at all.
I just kept adding to my own silo, which had two extension silos, one either side of the main one, I can't be sure at what amount, maybe when it went beyond 200,000L , the crop started showing up as 'other', but unlike the last time, this time it did actually all come out. That's a while back, since then I've changed to just having two main silo's near each other, so I've 400,000 capacity.

Let me know if this info is not good enough to reproduce and I will start another save and try it in detail.
Thank you
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Thank you, that was excellent information. We found the issue and we solved it for the next update.
andyc13

Post by andyc13 »

i have used the itemsXml to import a small silo into my mod map and 2 extra bins. they all load up in game on pc, the silo works but only shows 100000L capacity. it isnt showing the extensions included. if i buy an extension in game that adds on. just not the loaded into the map one. any ideas?
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

Hmmm did you put them after the main silo? in the xml list