High Idle on Machines?

KubotaM13

High Idle on Machines?

Post by KubotaM13 »

It could be just me but I just received my game a week ago for the Xbox One, and when I opened up my first Ravenport map on “New Farmer” I think it’s called, the first thing I did was get in the tractors. The Case tractors and the New Holland combine seemed to have an unrealistically high idle sound, sounding to be running somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000 RPMS, and when I accelerated, I had to get up to about 11 mph/kph before it would idle up. That, combined with the unrealistically bright contrast, angered me to the point where I shut off the game after only harvesting one small field and I have not touched it since. Has anyone else felt that these are issues, and are there resolutions to these? I don’t want to give up on a brand new game so soon, I’ve been a big follower of the Farming Simulator series (since 2013) and I really liked all of their games up until this point, but I’m really disappointed with this one so far. It seems.. ruined...
ClassicTractors

Re: High Idle on Machines?

Post by ClassicTractors »

From what I’ve learned from reading, those idle sounds on the harvester are normal. I believe combines are set to higher idle settings than tractors and such. The Case Magnum 7200 idle is normal. I’ve heard that same engine in real life before and it sounds accurate at an idle.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

You may want to check the settings on your tv, I play on Xbox and the brightness is fine although it was a little off but I realised the tv was set to ‘catch people’s attention in store’ mode.

The lighting engine has been improved though so reflections, glare are more realistic now.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

The 3 case tractors that I tried all idle at 850 RPM. Most machines idle at between 850 and 1000 RPM. 850 or 900 seems like the general setting

mespalin

Post by mespalin »

I think what the OP means is that the idle sounds extend far up into the acceleration band, meaning when you are accelerating and the vehicle is building up speed, the engine still sounds as if it is idling. I experience the same thing, accelerate, start moving sometimes up to 10-15 mph, and the vehicle still sounds like it is idling. There is no gradual increase in throttle sound, just idle and full throttle. I would like to hear the tractor at 850 rpm, 1000, 1200, etc. that is realistic. Not idle, then straight to wide open.
FS17/PS4/CPF/OSF/Oakfield/Lone Oak/Seasons
KubotaM13

Post by KubotaM13 »

mespalin wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:41 pm I think what the OP means is that the idle sounds extend far up into the acceleration band, meaning when you are accelerating and the vehicle is building up speed, the engine still sounds as if it is idling. I experience the same thing, accelerate, start moving sometimes up to 10-15 mph, and the vehicle still sounds like it is idling. There is no gradual increase in throttle sound, just idle and full throttle. I would like to hear the tractor at 850 rpm, 1000, 1200, etc. that is realistic. Not idle, then straight to wide open.
That is exactly what I mean. I do not like that it goes from idle to wide open. It’s just lazy. I also do not like the engine idle speed because that is definitely not the real idle speed of the tractors. Thank you all for the responses. While you are here, could someone tell me whether they’re serious about the Mahindra Retriever being a DLC you have to buy separate, because I was led to believe it was coming with the game.
Thanks again.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Not sure why you were led to believe whatever you believe, but the Mahindra was always a pre-order bonus. If you did not pre-order, you can get it, but now you have to pay for it separately.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

The retriever was a preorder bonus, don’t remember them saying it was available any other way but a cheap dlc later on would make sense.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

theSeb wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:21 pm The 3 case tractors that I tried all idle at 850 RPM. Most machines idle at between 850 and 1000 RPM. 850 or 900 seems like the general setting

How do you get the data up to show data on tractors etc?
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Guil

Post by Guil »

Enable the console in game.xml and I think it's F7 or F8
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Guil wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:58 pm Enable the console in game.xml and I think it's F7 or F8
*thumbsup* Thanks..
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Xboxfarmin

Post by Xboxfarmin »

Realistically tractors don't accelerate anyway, you throttle them up and use the transmission to increase speed. I can't believe the issues people have that supposedly make this game "unplayable". The vehicles I've used so far sound fine to me.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Tractors accelerate. They have to obey the laws of physics.
crash

Post by crash »

The fendt1050 should do 60km/h @1450rpm, 40km/h @950. 2400nm @1100rpm.. But yes, you basicly set the rpm and accelerate with the pedal/controller.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
svkb

Post by svkb »

BreadedVirus wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:53 pm
theSeb wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:21 pm The 3 case tractors that I tried all idle at 850 RPM. Most machines idle at between 850 and 1000 RPM. 850 or 900 seems like the general setting

How do you get the data up to show data on tractors etc?
I've got the console enabled but F8 only gives me a bunch of raw data, memory usage stats and buffers and such no tractor data. F7 cycles through different layers of the map. How exactly do you get this tractor data?
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super