Back to FS17 for me

hun3

Re: Back to FS17 for me

Post by hun3 »

I have a hard time playing without GPS and seasons. I just test things out for now but I never really started a fully committed play yet. I think the general public overall love this game but the hardcore fans with realistic play style still waiting.
TheSwede

Post by TheSwede »

niggle44 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:58 pm Thanks for you replies folks - am a PS4 player so controls not so much an issue, but I get the feeling Giants spent so much on graphics etc that they forgot some of the core play.

Yeah I did pre-order but think I made an error - love the game but after 2 years of fs17 and all its maps and mods this is a shallow version - SO FAR - sure it will end up being awesome, but right now "old school" for me.
Same here. I actually appreciate FS17 way more now than I did before I had a try at FS19. It's just smooth as silk!! But I really hope everything will be fine with FS19 because there is still so much I'm looking forward to do. If not, I will really regret buying FS19 instead of RDR2... :confusednew:
jfeet28

Post by jfeet28 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:24 pm I have yet too leave 17 as the controller still do not work on 19 as they did on 17 on Mac and I am not playing only using the keyboard and mouse.
Same problem here. 19 won't even load on my mac with gamepad attached, works perfectly in 17. How do you lose that in a major release. So far from Giants: "send me your log". Well duh there is nothing in the log. They act like Mac users don't exist and won't even discuss the issue. meanwhile today they put out a similar "fix" for PC.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

TheSwede wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:30 pm I will really regret buying FS19 instead of RDR2...
I don't care how good FS19 gets, you should always regret that decision. :lol: I have both, but I made sure I had my priorities in line first.

I went back to 17 for a few minutes. I sure miss autumn on Lone Oak and feeding cows in the snow. But the on rail driving, magic traction, and tractors accelerating like drag cars turned me back to 19.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

jfeet28 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:37 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:24 pm I have yet too leave 17 as the controller still do not work on 19 as they did on 17 on Mac and I am not playing only using the keyboard and mouse.
Same problem here. 19 won't even load on my mac with gamepad attached, works perfectly in 17. How do you lose that in a major release. So far from Giants: "send me your log". Well duh there is nothing in the log. They act like Mac users don't exist and won't even discuss the issue. meanwhile today they put out a similar "fix" for PC.
I can load the game fine it is just the controllers where I have a problem.
Guitarman

Post by Guitarman »

Yep I played some fs17 last night (I must admit it was after playing 19). I was feeling the need for seasons, Oakfield and stable fps.

To be honest I think I'm going to play both until the first mod maps start hitting us, and the big patch giant's are working on. It'll give me enough time to finish the year I'm in on Oakfield, and give it a 'proper' send off.
Optimist: Glass is half full
Pessimist: Glass is half empty

Engineer: The glass is twice the size it needs to be!

PC Specs (upgraded at last!): Acer Orion 3000; i5-8400, 8Gb Ram, GTX 1050ti, Intel Optane 16gb
hugassi

Post by hugassi »

hmmm1810 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:04 pm Fs 19 all the way. Even with bugs. Couldn't go back to 17
same for me, after 2.800 hours of fs17 Couldn't go back
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

I go back and forth between 17 and 19 too. The guys I play with think I’m nuts lol.
Harada

Post by Harada »

Going back to FS17. After all the hype before release expected something better. Fields remain in the same state (cultivated), contracts disappearing, weather not changing (no rain at all in Felsbrunn), trying to sell silage bales at BGA is more trouble than it's worth. Hvee to wonder how much testing went into this game. Maybe things will improve after updates but until then staying with FS17 and thankful I did not spend $89.99 on the Premium Edition.
XBox Series S
Chad

Post by Chad »

Playing on PS4, staying on fs17 (Oregon springs). Haven't checked in a few days, but fs 19 is currently unplayable for me due to the "invert y axis" not working properly. Will give it a go once that issue is solved. Bit of a shame. When I made the leap from 15 to 17, never looked back. Now I feel like I'm waiting for 19 to catch up to 17? IDK.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Apart from 2 hours trying too make controllers function as they do perfectly with 17 I've never left currently silage time on the west coast.
Vanquish081

Post by Vanquish081 »

MrMagoo wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:41 pm I don't blame you, I have stopped playing it as well. What I should have done was held of buying it until next year until most mods are available to make it enjoyable at least but that's my fault for buying it now thinking Giants have changed.

People seem to forget they have 2 years to work on the next game and the game has been developed what 10 years? In this time AI is not acceptable and very little has been built on over those years. Giants is thankful there is no decent competitors in the market otherwise they wouldn't be doing so good and that is the trouble with most games right now, they get to relaxed and not have to update it as much as they should, money roles in regardless.
:this: :this: *thumbsup*
bigcrazewolf

Post by bigcrazewolf »

TheSwede wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:30 pm
Same here. I actually appreciate FS17 way more now than I did before I had a try at FS19. It's just smooth as silk!! But I really hope everything will be fine with FS19 because there is still so much I'm looking forward to do. If not, I will really regret buying FS19 instead of RDR2... :confusednew:
I'm sorry for any delay you experience waiting to purchase RDR2.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Well, it turns out that the Editor is useless in FS19 so you won't be seeing any greatly detailed maps like there are in FS17 unless they sort it out. and with all the bugs there are in this game, I see that I will be staying with FS17 for quite a while to come and for all the FS19 FANBOYS out there FS 17 was never this bad, the only thing I can remember about FS17 was the animals freezing at the trough.
BumpmyStump

Post by BumpmyStump »

Says the guy who just joined the forums.. :lol:

MrMagoo wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:41 pm I don't blame you, I have stopped playing it as well. What I should have done was held of buying it until next year until most mods are available to make it enjoyable at least but that's my fault for buying it now thinking Giants have changed.

People seem to forget they have 2 years to work on the next game and the game has been developed what 10 years? In this time AI is not acceptable and very little has been built on over those years. Giants is thankful there is no decent competitors in the market otherwise they wouldn't be doing so good and that is the trouble with most games right now, they get to relaxed and not have to update it as much as they should, money roles in regardless.