Dedicated Server

jungleGNZ

Dedicated Server

Post by jungleGNZ »

Well had to buy 2 copies of game to run a server. (bloody pathetic in my opinion)
Setup has got to be one of the worst out there.

Steam version for client.
Giant version for server. Is the giant version suppost to load up steam to run? Keeps loading up steam.

Is there a commandline option or batch file to run server instead of going through web browser?
Apache1222

Re: Dedicated Server

Post by Apache1222 »

I have the same setup, Steam for personal use and direct Giants download for dedicated server. To answer your question, no the direct download from Giants should just install like a normal program. Install the game, launch it once normally to create the savegame directories and such and then launch the dedicated server application. close out of it, edit the settings file to set your own admin password and fire it back up again.

Then you use the web interface (which is what the dedicated server application is) to edit and work with the files. To put a save game up there, I would suggest making the savegame on your single player copy first then copy the savegame folder up to the server.

In the game directory there should be a pdf file that explains how to run and work with the dedicated server application.
bialy

Post by bialy »

Steam version of the dedicated server is the worst choice...
We buy (I know, pathetic) a DVD copy of the game to run the dedicated server.
Still have the issues but at least won't fight with steam.
blazonic89

Post by blazonic89 »

Just make sure you are going to the right folder directory. You should be opening up the Giants version when deploying your dedicated server. Hit me up if you need some help. I've just gone through all of the struggles last night.
jungleGNZ

Post by jungleGNZ »

Thanks for the replies. I reinstalled giants version and it now works without steam being opened.
Supersam

Post by Supersam »

Ummm you do know you only have to purchase 1 copy of the game for a dedicated server right? FS17 you had to buy 2 copies but they changed that.
jungleGNZ

Post by jungleGNZ »

Yes i know you have to buy 1 game per server, and 1 per client. (Pathetic setup really but great way to generate income)
Supersam

Post by Supersam »

jungleGNZ wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:19 pm Yes i know you have to buy 1 game per server, and 1 per client. (Pathetic setup really but great way to generate income)
Ah thought you just meant 1... My bad
Apache1222

Post by Apache1222 »

just a quick note, also make sure you are putting them on different computers, as both versions look to your mydocuments\mygames\farmingsimulator19 folder for savegames and mods and such