John Deere S790 issues

farmerthinking

John Deere S790 issues

Post by farmerthinking »

PC
John Deere S790
The 645 FD header drops too low to the ground raising the combine off the ground and losing traction - as a result, the combine harvester gets stuck rendering it unusable. This is very disappointing and unacceptable, how did no one pick up on this issue during game development? Didn't you guys build the Felsbrunn map? And where is the corn header for this combine - there is none listed as such in the purchasing menu. Another weird thing is the way the steering wheel looks leveled to the seat's bottom when looking down at it. Also the back window isn't covered properly when the tank is full of grain. I will not say anything on this post about the lack of traction that all harvesters are experiencing or the fact that sometimes the combines can't be folded or the broken auger lights. *thumbsdown*
Single player
Harvest any field that is not perfectly leveled.
Yes
parad0x177

Re: John Deere S790 issues

Post by parad0x177 »

The S790 and 645SD work pretty well for me, at least with the latest patch. However, it does pull to the right very consistently, so it may still be dragging a bit somewhere.

Now that you mention it, though, I did notice the steering wheel orientation, too. I wonder if that is related to mine wanting to make great, big, slow circles? :confusednew:
farmerthinking

Post by farmerthinking »

Update: on Felsbrunn still, on filed 12 and 13 there are rows at the edge of the fields where the combine with this header will not cut the crop, it will only bend the crop and go over it. I have to mention that all header related issues are observed while operating the combine miself not by observing a hired worker.
Skunkworks

Post by Skunkworks »

I have noticed that the head is not perfectly straight when attached. Take a look when you connect the corn header for example....the header slightly slants down to one side when looking at it head on. I wonder if this is related.
Last edited by Skunkworks on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
farmerthinking

Post by farmerthinking »

I noticed that too, in Giant's defense, this is a flex draper header after all but something tells me this is not intended.

The John Deere writing on the screen is floating, not attached to the bezel. So you can imagine how it looks when the seat goes up and down while the writing stays in place.
Last edited by farmerthinking on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
farmerthinking

Post by farmerthinking »

The two round mirrors are there so the operator can see how full the tank is through the two windows placed on the front of the tank's covers.
Farmerboy23

Post by Farmerboy23 »

On Xbox, the chaff spreader doesn't move when selecting spread or swath. Also there isn't a trailer hitch for me on it, but the other combines have one.
farmerthinking

Post by farmerthinking »

I got a question that is not related to a bug but could be, who in their right mind would choose a white interior for an agricultural equipment?
farmerthinking

Post by farmerthinking »

While harvesting soy (may not only be limited to this crop) with the 645 FD header, the cut crop can be seen moving through the back side of the header (clipping) as they are transported towards the center of the header into the feeder housing.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Skunkworks wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:08 pm I have noticed that the head is not perfectly straight when attached. Take a look when you connect the corn header for example....the header slightly slants down to one side when looking at it head on. I wonder if this is related.
A number of the combines have issues with traction and headers dragging at the moment. (The CR10.90 is awful on hilly fields.) That said, the S790 and 645SD work relatively well by comparison. However, I have noticed that this setup perpetually turns to the right! So I have to constantly correct with left steering. I had not noticed that the header doesn’t attach level, but I did have a suspicion that the header was dragging on one side while working. I’ll have too see if the drooping side corresponds to the steering drift...
Dave2787

Post by Dave2787 »

Also anyone noticed the work light on the pipe does not work and have found that can use combine ok looses traction but then it won't fold away once I have completed a field on either keyboard or g27 and I'm on the latest patch
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Dave2787 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:00 am Also anyone noticed the work light on the pipe does not work and have found that can use combine ok looses traction but then it won't fold away once I have completed a field on either keyboard or g27 and I'm on the latest patch
Work light has been reported and complained about repeatedly. (The search function is useful for figuring out what has and hasn’t been reported.). As for folding, I replied to your other post, but the only time I’ve had it “stuck” was when I tried to fold the unloading auger and the top cover at the same time. If I fold the auger first and let it finish, the harvester seems to fold fine.