Seasons leak

MrSquealypig

Re: Seasons leak

Post by MrSquealypig »

They could also just do a poll of what mod the players want on console the most.

Seems fair that way.
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

I give up where is that brick wall my head has an appointment with until seasons is released. Now I remember why I gave up on posting in the forums. Back to searching for my PC friendly forums and mod makers............

Be back after seasons is released for PC.
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

Farmer_Mike wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:28 pm ow I am sorry, it is a old habit I am afraid ;-)

I just thought I might finish by also saying that it is not that I do not want to see seasons on console in 19 but I would like to see it fair.
A good example would be for Giants to pick 1 very good non game breaking or console hurting script that has been submitted to modHub each month depending the size and do as they did in 17 for seasons and add the game code to allow it for console. Or 2 scripts each 6 months whatever works.

This would satisfy MS and Sony and be a good solution to get some nice new features with little work and be fair for all.

Lets be honest there are so fantastic scripters I know of and it would make sense for all..
Most of the other script mods are too complicated to work on console (Courseplay, Follow Me, etc). GPS maybe. The genius of Seasons is that it piggybacks on the game mechanics and doesn't require extra control mapping/user inputs. You could argue those other mods should be in the base game, and I'd be inclined to agree with you, but Seasons is a much easier mod to port to console than the other standard PC script mods. It's not an issue of fairness, but rather of feasibility. And kudos to Realismus for their ingenuity (and support them! Paypal link on their website).
Farmer_Mike

Post by Farmer_Mike »

There is no genius involved in seasons at all. It works the same as any script. The only complicated thing about a select few scripts is the increased inputs. as you mentioned but to be honest only two come to mind and that is Follow Me and Gearbox.

There is still many many other scripts I think other people would prefer or choose. Example being Fabrik Script or mCompany Script, these scripts have kept the game interesting for many people over many years (6) by giving boring maps more options, the Object Storage script to store bales and palleten products, and many others including vehicle scripts that are simple but add nice cabin features that are only now being added to standard game.

Giants can admit it or not but without the script writers the game would get old very fast, I see it on the forums and discord all the time. Seasons is good but it is just adding the same thing to each map. A Fabrik script can add different buildings for mix feed, or bakery or fruit trees that make pallets. This is why I have PC also so I can have a change from just vanilla game. There is only so much you can do with a vehicle mod and standard game.

A tractor is a tractor end of the day but add some small scripts and it becomes special and everyone wants that great looking vehicle with the cool new functions.

Giants needs to not forget the people that helped build the game with them and provided free research by testing the audience to see what they like with custom scripts.
They day script writers leave, is the day this game dies I was just pointing out there is more to this then just a little snow to make it fun :hi:
Last edited by Farmer_Mike on Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PC: LS11, LS13, LS15, LS17, LS19
PS4: LS17, LS19
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

"There is no genius involved in seasons at all. "

:D
Farmer_Mike

Post by Farmer_Mike »

theSeb wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:35 pm "There is no genius involved in seasons at all. "

:D
My point is no more than many other scripts. It just changes the base operation of the game and adds some new features. ;-)
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Then how come nobody thought about doing it like we have? Because it was so easy and just like any other script. Yeah, it's just like any other script and adds a few new features within 9,000 lines of code. It must be why we had Seasons before we came along and did it. Because it's just like any other script and so obvious how it was done by adding a few new features.

Do you know that saying about how it is better to keep quiet when you have no idea what you are talking about?
Farmer_Mike

Post by Farmer_Mike »

Did I pinch a nerve? Sorry. Or are you just stuck up.

Maybe I do know what I say also, you do not know me or my profession sir. Also maybe no one wanted to do it previous to you. I did not say it was not a nice idea. There were many others that people wanted first is all so they made them.

The length of the code does not define its complexity. Especially when half of it is just over writing features of the game so yours work.
It is not a script that an unskilled person could do but anyone with a solid understanding of lua (check for you) and access to the full game scripts (check for you) and a desire could do it (check for you).

I am done with this thread anyway as I made my original point. Season should have to follow the rules set for other scripts as it is a new game not 17 or it is a precedent set.
The End.
Last edited by Farmer_Mike on Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Law0t019t

Post by Law0t019t »

Well said the seb this douch just needs ignoring he clearly dosnt like seasons and is just trolling.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Ok everyone calm down please.
Farmer John 16

Post by Farmer John 16 »

I really enjoyed seasons in 17 and I'm looking foward to having it in 19. Thank you very much to everyone involved in making it possible.
Playing on PS4
NateS

Post by NateS »

Wow... name calling aside, it is Giants game and they can decide what they want implemented or not. It doesn't have to be fair.
PC & PS4
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

I purchased my fair tickets, just cant seem to find the popcorn stand. Is it rabbit season or duck season?
NorthernFarmer

Post by NorthernFarmer »

Amazing to hear my favorite mod (outside maps) is coming to 19 . after seasons was released it was a requirement of every save game i had . keep up the amazing work.

(edit after reading the whole thread)

I cannot believe people are attacking a FREE!!!! mod . if your not happy with a free mod or dont like the way they it does things crack on with your own ? or don't download it simple.

I joined this forum yesterday and now after reading the toxic rhetoric in so many of the threads , im out

Happy farming folks :)
Elway358

Post by Elway358 »

theSeb wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:42 pm Then how come nobody thought about doing it like we have? Because it was so easy and just like any other script. Yeah, it's just like any other script and adds a few new features within 9,000 lines of code. It must be why we had Seasons before we came along and did it. Because it's just like any other script and so obvious how it was done by adding a few new features.

Do you know that saying about how it is better to keep quiet when you have no idea what you are talking about?
I've noticed that most of your replies to any type of concern or criticism of your mod is almost always met with a snarky reply from you. I think maybe you need to step back, take a breath, and learn to take some criticism a little more humbly if you wanna put stuff like this out to the public at large.

Or hey, don't. Either way, its really off putting and doesn't do you any good regardless of what your future plans or aspirations are regarding this.