Anyone else playing estancia lapacho?

rptr777

Anyone else playing estancia lapacho?

Post by rptr777 »

I see many people on the Felsburn or Ravenport map. I dont like either. Been focused on working on estancia lapacho because to me the map makes it easier to get around and the fields are more accessible. Anyone else think so?
Emmiran

Re: Anyone else playing estancia lapacho?

Post by Emmiran »

Yes.

This is my first FS game, and I had seen a few streams on Ravenport and knew others were on Felsbunn also so decided to check out Estancia.

To be honest at first impressions I was a little disappointed, just with how flat and possibly 'uninteresting' the land was, but I'd committed to trying out and recording some game play as I got to grips with it so I stuck it out. I then started to get quite into some of the fields etc and their sizes, buildings that existed already etc and now I'm enjoying it. I have no previous maps to baseline it off of, I can only say that so far Iam enjoying it.
Stay at home Dad, turned terrible streamer :)

https://www.twitch.tv/emmiran
Leicesterlichtie

Post by Leicesterlichtie »

I'd started to set up on Felsbrunn, but am holding fire until some placeable mods come out. So for the time being I'm ticking over on Estancia Lapacho as I haven't played the map as i never bothered with platinum fs17

Fs15 on Ps3
Fs17 on Ps4
Fs19 on Ps4
Fs22 on Ps4
Enjoys growing sunflowers
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

Estancia was one of my favorite maps in 17. The most beautiful grass, the color contrast. Topography also suited me. Now, in 19 I was disappointed by the density and quality of the grass. It is still a great map, very specific and maybe one day it will come back to it...
it looks more like a carpet or the field to play golf
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

After playing a Frontier Designs' map, you'll probably not want to play another Giants map.

Estancia wasn't too bad. I think it captured the South America they were looking for pretty well. I had maybe 50 hours or so on it in 17. I thought about trying it again because Ravenport and Fellsbrunn are so bad. I think I'll put the game down until a good map is released.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I did not try it yet but I might. First time i launched it it was soooooooo "Orange" that I closed it right away....
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Xboxfarmin

Post by Xboxfarmin »

Yes, it's been one of my favorite maps since it came out for 17. I prefer the bigger fields that are more square shaped, along with less hilly terrain, being from the mid west US.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I've been doing a let's play video series on YouTube since the day Giants Released the Estancia Lapacho map. For the exact reason that nearly everyone is playing on Ravenport or Felsbrunn and I fancied being completely different and also because I find the Estancia map easier to navigate and get round with my equipment and I find the fields to be a better and more productive size. The only thing I don't like about the Estancia map is how the AI Traffic seems to be one convoy of about 8 cars that only drives one direction around the map and uses one lane. Giants could have split them up about and had some drive the opposite direction so both lanes of traffic are in use.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

of all my hours with FS17 Estancia Lapacho has the most by far. the main thing I really liked about the map was all the open space where you could plow in a new field and expand the farm without having to buy fields. When the mod came out for FS19 I jumped right into it, hoping to rebbuild my farm and continue on, however I just haven't been able to get going on the new map, it doesn't feel right. It seems like they did the conversion to 19 in a hurry, you can see where things were removed, the ground textures not blended in with the surrounding etc. the ponnse Scorpion king doesn't cut the palm trees in 19 like it did in 17. the "original" farm is even hard to recreate, can not have trees in the middle of the cattle pen, there some of the trees are not removable making it hard to work with the new system.

I do like that a bunch of the fields have you purchasing pretty much just the field when you buy the land, this saves from wasting money on spots that are useless.

I guess I'm holding out hope that some of these issues get resolved and modders fill in some missing things then I can get into it.
Lostfarmer6474

Post by Lostfarmer6474 »

Only one map which lets you to park Mahindra inside of your house.
Oseh

Post by Oseh »

I've been playing it as my main FS19 stream. However I wish things like the swimming pool and sundry out buildings had been placeable decorations, because they look a bit silly in the middle of nowhere without the villa.
Tuurboclaw

Post by Tuurboclaw »

I have been playing that one the most. I really like the feel of that map and also the layout.

I started to play it on fs17 but once I found out it was coming to fs19, I waited to play it. It’s my favorite of the three.
oneway

Post by oneway »

I did not get the DLC for FS17 but just started playing this map. I like how the farm is laid out and everything is so close. Plus you start out with silos, free water and a vacation home, what's not to like?
PC USER
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

it's interesting that new farmer starts you with a silo system that has a double tank setup, yet if you start in farm manager that setup is not an option, secondly you can not place the silo that is available in the same spot because of a terraforming issue there.

just another reason why I wish you could choose new farmer, farm mananger or start from scratch, then choose easy normal hard regarding crop sale prices.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Crazof, have you tried starting a game in New Farmer, saving and quitting as soon as it loads, then going to your savegame folder, opening the careerSavegame.xml and manually changing the difficulty from 1 to 2 (Farm Manager) or 3 (Start From Scratch) saving it and then loading up the game, maybe advance time by a day or or so and see if that re-adjusts the crop prices to the difficulty you'd prefer?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*