Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Miketeg

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates

Post by Miketeg »

Agreed. For us who want to play as much realistic as we can. When I was working on my dad's farm, I had to feed and clean cows twice a day.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
NateS

Post by NateS »

This sounds like an idea that they might be able to implement... basically limiting the # of days worth of food can go in each input. On a side note, the way it works in the base game seems to have been changed from 17 as well.
PC & PS4
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

We already limit the number of days worth of food can go into each trough in 17.
Ox91

Post by Ox91 »

theSeb wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:31 pm ^ Indeed. We at RM do not condone illegal farming activities
What about spraying trespassing protestors? lol jk.
Jam4430

Post by Jam4430 »

I'll throw it out there too. I would also like the option to feed once a day like I do irl. Also I did feel the reproduction rate in seasons 17 was a bit off, seemed a tad slow compared to actual real life IMHO. Not sure what could be done and still keep the game balanced, but worth a second look maybe.

On a side note, how hard would it be to have dfferent gender of animals in the game? With the new placables it would be cool if there was eventually mods for cow calf pastures and feedlot pens.
NateS

Post by NateS »

Doubt this could be done with seasons... probably something that would have to be included in the base game. But it feels like they are quite a ways off from something like that :(
PC & PS4
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

Can't wait for seasons I got so used to it in fs17. And am waiting patiently for it in fs19
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
FiremanDJ

Post by FiremanDJ »

Firstly, I do appreciate the hard work and effort you put into making mods as game changing as Seasons.
I'll be happy no matter how it ends up.

However, I do have an idea for your consideration. Not sure how hard or even possible this might be.

Altitude based weather / temperatures.

In short, it starts snowing at the peaks of the hills. As winter sets in, the snow line moves lower and lower until the entire map is covered (or not depending on GEO settings).
Two possible ways of doing it (in simplified terms) would be to either use the in-game coordinates to gauge height, or to use multiple snow masks for the mod map creators to make multiple snow zones that activate in stages.

I also wish you didn't need to use use fill types for snow, but I do understand the limits of the game engine that you are working in. (hint hint Giants, the Modders make this game worth while buying. They are the ONLY reason I personally continue to buy the game. Give the modders a hand. Without them, you will go broke!)
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Work continues on making weeds great again

https://image.giants-software.com/index ... h=B5VWnKVH
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

theSeb wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:11 am We already limit the number of days worth of food can go into each trough in 17.
Is it still gonna be 3days in Seasons19?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Everyday... :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :lol: :lol:
PS5 / FS22
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

An option/setting/configuration for feeding daily, or every 3 would be nice... :)

Very excited to hear Seasons for FS19 is coming at some point, thanks heaps to the Developers.
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

You guys seem really hung up on feeding every day. My response to this is based on my own play with Seasons in 17. What is stopping you from doing so?

The animals still eat every day and you can always put more in. Sure, you won’t be putting in as much, but you can still feed, water, clean and on some maps remove manure every day. Like many things, if you use your imagination and role play a little, you can make it more enjoyable to your style.

For example before Seasons was released to console, I played a Seasons style game on mine. I set growth to slow which meant that it took several days for crops to grow and I was able to reasonably close simulate Seasons when using 3 day Seasons.
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

Just do it like RL. Figure out how much your animals intake is per day and work out a feeding schedule that suits it. In 17 I did something similar and for the most part fed twice a day.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

As said above I have always fed everyday rather than waiting till it is required to do so as it's easier for me, smaller amounts often rather than 1 big lot.