The Super Truck

Blappo

The Super Truck

Post by Blappo »

I have just recently noticed the pick up truck has way too much utility...

Why can i bale using a pickup????

I also want to point out that this goes between many vehicles in the game including trailers with no hitch being chained together miraculously

The connections for some things in the game matter such as front end loaders, and harvester heads. The rest of connections seem to attach to anything you want. Some trailers even attach on the front of my tractor... I have no ball on the front.

I have other issues but this was the one that drove me to the forums... why is the pickup the only tractor i need?

-Why is the game so empty... I add mods everyday because there are 100 tractors.. and 2 lime spreaders, 2 pickups, 1 round bailer, the square bailer is modded in but square bails exist in the shop the list goes on but the Truck thing is what got me.

OH and i cant put down buildings anywhere, Why can i place things at a 5% grade before it starts leveling... i mean its just pasture most of the time.
cr41g_1965

Re: The Super Truck

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Blappo wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:22 pm

Why can i bale using a pickup????
this may be the funniest thing I have read yet... it's a dog and pony show posing as a simulator, where it's groundhog day everyday

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
NateS

Post by NateS »

Maybe the better question is why did you attempt to bale with the pickup truck?
PC & PS4
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

If it can be used for the square bale wrapper i’m all for it. I loved using the pick ups with the round bale wrapper in 17. They wouldn’t work with the square wrappers in 17 though.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

this may come to a surprise and shock to you but pickups have had this ability since the 40s/50s............

most farm equipment does not connect with a ball at all............
NateS

Post by NateS »

I get the ball... but what about the PTO and hydraulic hoses? Pickup trucks tend not to have those features.
PC & PS4
Blappo

Post by Blappo »

Yes, i expected the bailer to fit on the pickup and be able to move it. Actually running it makes no sense.

This came from moving the full trailer of bales i noticed my F1 menu had most options in it still so i attempted to use its functions i then started using other implements. And there are a noticeable number of options that work with the pickup.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

A typical baler hitch looks like this

Without some special adapter you would not be able to hitch this onto a typical pick up. I have no idea if such adapters are mass produced.
eight_lugs

Post by eight_lugs »

theSeb wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:33 pm A typical baler hitch looks like this

Without some special adapter you would not be able to hitch this onto a typical pick up. I have no idea if such adapters are mass produced.
Just take the ball out of a ball mount and it would work. But I have t seen too many pickups with PTO outputs.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

You take the ball out and you're left with the receiver. Like this

Then you need to slide something in there. The bit to slide in that would take the bailer hitch is what's missing for me. There are probably attachments / adapter, but the hitches on pick up trucks just don't look as heavy duty as ones on a tractor do to me. There is also the issue of height. Normally you can lift the hitch up and down on a tractor. On a typical pick up truck you cannot.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

theSeb wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:49 pm You take the ball out and you're left with the receiver. Like this

Then you need to slide something in there. The bit to slide in that would take the bailer hitch is what's missing for me. There are probably attachments / adapter, but the hitches on pick up trucks just don't look as heavy duty as ones on a tractor do to me. There is also the issue of height. Normally you can lift the hitch up and down on a tractor. On a typical pick up truck you cannot.
He's saying leave the receiver in the hitch and just remove the ball from the receiver
XBOX/ FS22
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

hmm interesting. I shall go look at some hitches now
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I used to use the Smokey and The Bandit Trans Am mod for all kinds of field work
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

theSeb wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:33 pm Without some special adapter you would not be able to hitch this onto a typical pick up. I have no idea if such adapters are mass produced.
:lol: Yeah, they are. They're called a ball mount. Obviously you can't run the baler with it, but you can pull it.

FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Yes, I saw those when I was googling around. Thing is... they look a lot smaller than what comes with my relatively small tractor (it's a compact utility JD 5065e). I would not trust that to pull something like a baler.