Dark bubble in 3rd-person view

mdoss

Dark bubble in 3rd-person view

Post by mdoss »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PC
- Issue: There is a dark bubble/circle surrounding the player while zoomed out in 3rd-person camera view
- Single- or Multiplayer: Single
- Steps to reproduce: Get in any vehicle, go to 3rd-person view, zoom out, and look around.
- Does it happen on a standard map without mods yes/no - Yes

FS19 is visually more appealing than previous versions, but not when this horrible dark circle appears around the player when zooming out.

When using large equipment (sprayers, fertilizers, etc), I like to go to 3rd-person view, and zoom out to make sure I am getting the most effective coverage. But then this large dark circle seems to appear, and the crops and scenery are hard to look at when it does this.

Is this intentional?? It looks really bad. Can we fix this in a patch or have a setting for those with systems who can afford to adjust the view distance for whatever causes this??

FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
SpidmaxCZ

Re: Dark bubble in 3rd-person view

Post by SpidmaxCZ »

Thats not bug, the darker circle is created because of shadows of weeds, and in distance the shadows dissapears, so its limitation of game engine itself and client side settings. Previous versions doesn't support shadows for weeds.
Co-Owner | Graphic Designer of Modding Team " AgroSketch " - http://www.facebook.com/AgroSketch

Hardware:
CPU : AMD Ryzen 2700X /// GPU: GTX 1070TI 8GB Ultra Gaming OC /// RAM : 2x 8GB DDR4
Other: Logitech G27 + H Shifter, NZXT Kraken X62, NZXT H500I
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

SpidmaxCZ wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:28 pm Thats not bug, the darker circle is created because of shadows of weeds, and in distance the shadows dissapears, so its limitation of game engine itself and client side settings. Previous versions doesn't support shadows for weeds.
If this is a setting and not a bug, how can I turn these "weed shadows" off? And it happens on fields without weeds as well, so maybe it's called something other than what you call "shadows of weeds".

If this is a limitation of the game engine, I thought the FS19 engine was supposed to be so much better than the FS17 version. I don't remember this being an issue in FS17. So why is FS19 more limited than FS17??

Here are my settings...
FS19 - PC version
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
SpidmaxCZ

Post by SpidmaxCZ »

Actually i think you can't, still the dark circle is about shadows... Try change the settings about maximum shadow lights, i have it on 10. Actually i have everything set to max and the Engine itself is a lot a better, in FS 17,15,13,11,2009,2008 this dark bubble was not existing because weeds doesn't cast shadows in those versions.
Co-Owner | Graphic Designer of Modding Team " AgroSketch " - http://www.facebook.com/AgroSketch

Hardware:
CPU : AMD Ryzen 2700X /// GPU: GTX 1070TI 8GB Ultra Gaming OC /// RAM : 2x 8GB DDR4
mdoss

Post by mdoss »

Ok thanks. I’ll try this when I get home..

Just curious, even with shadow lights set to 10, do you see this dark bubble, too??
FS19 - PC version
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
SpidmaxCZ

Post by SpidmaxCZ »

Yeah, you still see that " bubble " but i don't mind it very much, i very rarely play the game in " TOP " view. So, i'm afraid you can't get fix this. Its limitation of game engine and its everything about optimalization for worse setups, consoles and maybe the engine too, they have so many limitations but they doing great work on reworking it.

Hardware: