[SOLVED] Great Plains YP-2425A Can't Plant Corn

Danko40

Re: [WON'T FIX] Great Plains YP-2425A Can't Plant Corn

Post by Danko40 »

Question to comunity:
The Great Plains YP-2425A is a seeder or planters? :search:

(For more help, you can confirm to:
https://www.greatplainsag.com/en/produc ... a-planters )
„Für alles, was du tust oder auch nicht tust, zahlst du mit Lebenszeit.“ - Georg-Wilhelm Exler
"Menschen wählen ihren Tod auf die Art wie sie leben." - Jean-Claude Van Damme
"Fachkräftemangel entsteht dort, wo zu wenig Lohn bezahlt wird." - Danko40

———————————————————————
LS15 / 17 - Konsole
LS19 - Platinum Edition (PC)
LS22 - PC
wontbeback

Re: Great Plains YP-2425A Can't Plant Corn

Post by wontbeback »

x Lethian x wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:34 am Hi guys,

this is by design. This machine is a seeder and in FS19 we have a distinction between "seeders" and "planters" - only "planters" sow corn/maize. So it's by design and won't be fixed.
So you are artificially limiting the functionality of the equipment NOT because of technical limitation but to satisfy your arbitrary UI design.....nice...
Pict

Post by Pict »

Great Plains YP-2425A is a planter that can be converted to a seeder, this according to the manufacturer & the farmers who use it.

If you (Giants) are keen to keep it as a seeder, then you should model it as a seeder and re-space it properly (time consuming & expensive option), or you could make it a purchasable option, but would still need to remodel it as a seeder as the spacing among other details is wrong.

Or...you could make everyone happy and change the word seeder to planter (easy & cheap option + a PR boon)

Finally, you could continue to ignore the people who pay for this product (very expensive option + PR debacle)

=====

Personally I will change it anyhow as we already have a seeder in that width class, but no planter & without a wide planter it will be hard to get into the new cotton farming feature, especially if you are already running a reasonably large tractor. It's worth noting that there are 13 seeders in the stock game but only 6 planters.

But those who like multiplayer and or are not on a PC do not have that option and I think that it's a real shame for them and I sincerely hope you reconsider for their sake.
IowaFarmer34

Post by IowaFarmer34 »

I don’t understand why they don’t have it in both categories and limit the crops it is capable of... buy one form the planter category and then it is only capable of planting corn, soybeans, sunflower, sugarbeats, buy it from seeder catergory and crop types allowed are wheat, barley, oats, canola, etc
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

x Lethian x wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:34 am Hi guys,

this is by design. This machine is a seeder and in FS19 we have a distinction between "seeders" and "planters" - only "planters" sow corn/maize. So it's by design and won't be fixed.
I mean no offense Lethian but in real life this thing is 110% a planter, NOT a seeder. I do not understand why it was classified as a seeder in the first place. I would really appreciate it if you guys would consider changing this as us console users cannot do anything about it.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Pict wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:27 pm Great Plains YP-2425A is a planter that can be converted to a seeder, this according to the manufacturer & the farmers who use it.

If you (Giants) are keen to keep it as a seeder, then you should model it as a seeder and re-space it properly (time consuming & expensive option), or you could make it a purchasable option, but would still need to remodel it as a seeder as the spacing among other details is wrong.

Or...you could make everyone happy and change the word seeder to planter (easy & cheap option + a PR boon)

Finally, you could continue to ignore the people who pay for this product (very expensive option + PR debacle)

=====

Personally I will change it anyhow as we already have a seeder in that width class, but no planter & without a wide planter it will be hard to get into the new cotton farming feature, especially if you are already running a reasonably large tractor. It's worth noting that there are 13 seeders in the stock game but only 6 planters.

But those who like multiplayer and or are not on a PC do not have that option and I think that it's a real shame for them and I sincerely hope you reconsider for their sake.
Would it be very hard for someone with some modding experience to change it and submit it as a mod to help us console players? :)
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

IowaFarmer34 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:20 pm I don’t understand why they don’t have it in both categories and limit the crops it is capable of... buy one form the planter category and then it is only capable of planting corn, soybeans, sunflower, sugarbeats, buy it from seeder catergory and crop types allowed are wheat, barley, oats, canola, etc
The whole thing is f*** stupid. It should never have been changed to seeder classification in the first place.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Danko40 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:24 am Question to comunity:
The Great Plains YP-2425A is a seeder or planters? :search:

(For more help, you can confirm to:
https://www.greatplainsag.com/en/produc ... a-planters )
It is a planter first and foremost. It can be made a seeder at great cost in real life so nobody chooses to do so. 99% of these planters are sold as planters and not seeders. In the appearance and configuration Giants have in FS19 it should without a doubt be in the planter category as mentioned above
Pict

Post by Pict »

gilroy222 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:05 pm Would it be very hard for someone with some modding experience to change it and submit it as a mod to help us console players? :)
Talk to these guys https://www.facebook.com/custom.mdg/ they already did it for PC and sorted some rear wheel issues the Giants version apparently has.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Pict wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:56 pm
gilroy222 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:05 pm Would it be very hard for someone with some modding experience to change it and submit it as a mod to help us console players? :)
Talk to these guys https://www.facebook.com/custom.mdg/ they already did it for PC and sorted some rear wheel issues the Giants version apparently has.
Looking at their Facebook page it seems as though every mod they do they submit to Giants... But clearly it is up to Giants whether to put them through
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

This is unbelievable. I am sorry, but that is just being lazy. They screwed up and now won't take the time to fix it. It has ALWAYS been a planter, look at the DLC in FS17, and now all of a sudden it becomes a seeder. Come on Giants, step up and fix this craziness. I am trying really hard to be patient, but when they basically refuse to fix stupid things, I have about had it.
FS17/PS4/CPF/OSF/Oakfield/Lone Oak/Seasons
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

mespalin wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:53 pm This is unbelievable. I am sorry, but that is just being lazy. They screwed up and now won't take the time to fix it. It has ALWAYS been a planter, look at the DLC in FS17, and now all of a sudden it becomes a seeder. Come on Giants, step up and fix this craziness. I am trying really hard to be patient, but when they basically refuse to fix stupid things, I have about had it.
Agreed. I can put up with the delayed terrain tools, the "not ideal" maps, and the bugs.... But the fact that this planter has been pegged as a seed drill and they won't even work with us to fix it f*** pi** me off. Especially for us being on console, we can't do a damn thing about it. They added a John Deere s790 to the game when everyone complained but they won't simply tweak a planter? Wtf?
Dood

Post by Dood »

x Lethian x wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:34 am This machine is a seeder
Hmmmm https://www.greatplainsag.com/en/produc ... a-planters
Official manufacturer's site begs to differ
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Dood wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:12 pm
x Lethian x wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:34 am This machine is a seeder
Hmmmm https://www.greatplainsag.com/en/produc ... a-planters
Official manufacturer's site begs to differ
This.

WAKE UP GIANTS!!!!
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

Yeah, I love how when you look at the Great Plains website and they sorts their products by group: Air Drills, Compact Drills, and guess where the YP-2425A is listed, yep, under the PLANTERS category. @Giants, are you telling us that Great Plains has their product specs wrong? We need our large planter back, please??
FS17/PS4/CPF/OSF/Oakfield/Lone Oak/Seasons