Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Psistorm

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates

Post by Psistorm »

norfolk farmer wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:05 pm Now we just need a clever chap to do that GEO 😬 as I'd much prefer lifting beet in the winter over forestry.
Especially given how the default maps arent really that suitable for forestry either. That said, definitely looking forward to how seasons will be in 19
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Psistorm wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:56 pm Especially given how the default maps arent really that suitable for forestry either. That said, definitely looking forward to how seasons will be in 19
Out of pure curiosity, why do you think the default maps are not suited for forestry?
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

reallogger wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:29 am
Psistorm wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:56 pm Especially given how the default maps arent really that suitable for forestry either. That said, definitely looking forward to how seasons will be in 19
Out of pure curiosity, why do you think the default maps are not suited for forestry?
I have some curiosity too :-)

I think it was Seb that wrote that Seasons for FS17 was 9000 lines of coding. Is it more for FS19 and aprox how much of the coding for FS17 can be reused for FS19?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:19 am I have some curiosity too :-)

I think it was Seb that wrote that Seasons for FS17 was 9000 lines of coding. Is it more for FS19 and aprox how much of the coding for FS17 can be reused for FS19?
Difficult to tell how much it will be in the end. Features we made for Seasons 17 are now in the base game (i.e. skip night, repair etc.) so no or limited need to change something with those. But then we've had lots of ideas during the past years that we want to bring into Seasons 19 + the need to change some of the new features (i.e. weeds). Also, some parts of the base game has changed a lot compared to FS17 (i.e. weather) so that will mean lots of work and new code.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Please don't leave FS19 standard sleep as it is: the Seasons 17 skip night was much better.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
cabmac

Post by cabmac »

reallogger wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:26 am
But then we've had lots of ideas during the past years that we want to bring into Seasons 19 + the need to change some of the new features (i.e. weeds).

how about soil compaction? Are you thinking about to integrate it?
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

cabmac wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:22 am how about soil compaction? Are you thinking about to integrate it?
Soil compaction is currently on hold. Mainly as Giants reduced the number of layers in the ploughRequired density map in FS19. :( So in order to get soil compaction working in FS19 it would need map changes. This was kind of the beauty of the mod (even though it never was officially released) that it worked right out of the box.
cabmac

Post by cabmac »

thx for information.. :)
Psistorm

Post by Psistorm »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:19 am
reallogger wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:29 am
I have some curiosity too :-)

Maybe I'm spoiled from my fs17 custom server on the valley the old farm, but it feels like at least Felsbrunn only has very small looking, isolated little specks of trees, I almost wish they dropped 2-3 of the smaller fields in favor of dense forests, but I suppose buying up land and planting trees there always is an option as well!
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

It actually was 12000 for fs17. We are likely to hit that with fs19 too.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Ah yes. 9000 was back around the time just before we released v1
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Impressive. Looking forward to it!
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:05 pm Now we just need a clever chap to do that GEO 😬 as I'd much prefer lifting beet in the winter over forestry.
I would be willing to work on something. I made 3 geos for seasons 17. However, I plan to convert my own geos first and I have a few other projects I’m working on too. Breaking out to try my hand at some other modding aspects. But since Seasons isn’t out yet maybe I’ll be able to get them done in the meantime. After seasons 19 comes out it will be conversion time.
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

I kinda understand the lack trees at the moment. You have Germany that's well established and would be lacking in potential "old growth" trees to cut. Then you have the So Cal/foothills where all the meth heads cut down trees already looking for tree burls.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

jah6575 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:18 pm
I would be willing to work on something. I made 3 geos for seasons 17. However, I plan to convert my own geos first and I have a few other projects I’m working on too. Breaking out to try my hand at some other modding aspects. But since Seasons isn’t out yet maybe I’ll be able to get them done in the meantime. After seasons 19 comes out it will be conversion time.
It's an easy change. In the original growth file you will find this line in transition 10 (late autumn to early winter)

<fruit fruitName="sugarBeet" setGrowthState="1" desiredGrowthState="CUT" normalGrowthState="7"/>

the normalGrowthState="7" is what kills sugarbeet because it increments sugarbeet state by one

so you could change that line to
<fruit fruitName="sugarBeet" setGrowthState="1" desiredGrowthState="CUT" />

Then add this line into transition 11 (early winter to mid winter)

<fruit fruitName="sugarBeet" normalGrowthState="7"/>

so that sugarbeet does get killed eventually

Regarding GEOs, I am changing the format completely and hopefully we will share this along with instructions some time when it's finalised. However we will not be able to share the entire file since there are some surprises coming. Rest assured though it's much easier to read / understand and it's pretty easy to convert existing growth files to the new format.