Gamepad Bindings not showing in Help Window

tekac

Gamepad Bindings not showing in Help Window

Post by tekac »

Hello.

I'm desperate, and cannot figure out what's going on. I have my wheel and pedals installed, and the Help Window input on auto but the gamepad bindings will not show in the help window no matter what. This is horrible as I cannot remember every single command to do activites with my wheel. The keyboard bindings show no problem.

Anyone have this issue or know how to fix it? I reinstalled the game, deleted the documents folder and just can't get bindings to show. If I randomly click buttons on the wheel stuff happens, but I wan't them to display in my help window.

https://imgur.com/7Z34mdF

https://imgur.com/pKpqX7r
lazersgm

Re: Gamepad Bindings not showing in Help Window

Post by lazersgm »

i just hooked up my Saitek heavy equipment control set and am having the same problem. if i hit button 22 that opens the button help in the top right of the screen the little tractor icon slides left and right but the button help menu does not show at all. please fix this asap. cant even use my 250 usd controller i got just for this game. btw this does not effect x-box controllers.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

In case you both are playing on Windows I would recommend to try the new Beta-Patch that was released today to see if it fixes the issue: viewtopic.php?f=876&t=136574
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
lazersgm

Post by lazersgm »

the new update did fix the key help display but the bindings are being repeated on both the wheel and the side panel. you can only see the key help for the wheel and not the side panel. but at least the buttons are working now. the side panel did not do much at all before the patch. think someone still needs to look in to this. but much better now.
Apache1222

Post by Apache1222 »

from what I have seen is there are two gamepad sections in where you would bind commands to the gamepads. The first column (one closest to the command) is the one that shows in the help menu. In the inputbindings.xml this is referenced by "index=1" and the other column is "index=2" at the end of the line for whichever command is being referenced. For some reason at least with anything pre 1.2, the command help only wants to display the commands that have the "index=1". not sure if this is the case with the 1.2 beta patch though.