Something about CLAAS? GIANTS READ THIS

mattbrun12

Re: Something about CLAAS? GIANTS READ THIS

Post by mattbrun12 »

throsbi wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:26 am Just curious what parts of the US you see Class as I have not, I usually travel from the south central states thru the midwest. Maybe I dont pay as much attention to farm equipement as I used to when I was actually farming idk.
Claas around Minnesota, forage harvesters and the combine we use is a Claas Lexion.
FS19 / PC
kwaka

Post by kwaka »

Maybe due to Claas being involved with Cattle and Crops game. Probably have a contract with them that's why they are not officially in FS and probably wont be without it being a mod.
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

You will just have to play on PC and use the Class mods that are available.
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

kwaka wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:29 am Maybe due to Claas being involved with Command and Conquer game. Probably have a contract with them that's why they are not officially in FS and probably wont be without it being a mod.
I find it funny Command and Conquer needs farm equipement. O wait I see what Giants did there :this:
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Claas is already licensed by another German company making another Farming Sim. I'm guessing there's an exclusivity clause.
kwaka

Post by kwaka »

throsbi wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:09 pm
kwaka wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:29 am Maybe due to Claas being involved with Command and Conquer game. Probably have a contract with them that's why they are not officially in FS and probably wont be without it being a mod.
I find it funny Command and Conquer needs farm equipement. O wait I see what Giants did there :this:
Wow ….Thanks Giant for making me look like a plank!! Guess CnC is a swear word in your book? So much for free speech.
jamesadams933

Post by jamesadams933 »

george.earlslight wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:28 pm Claas is already licensed by another German company making another Farming Sim. I'm guessing there's an exclusivity clause.
Obliviously no way to know for sure, but I'd doubt there is since they were talking about trying to get a deal with them last year.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

need to save something big for FS21
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

throsbi wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:26 am Just curious what parts of the US you see Class as I have not, I usually travel from the south central states thru the midwest. Maybe I dont pay as much attention to farm equipement as I used to when I was actually farming idk.
Until recently, I’d never seen Claas anywhere in the states, and certainly not in the Southeast. So, I was pretty surprised when I spotted the Lexion (I think it was a 700-series) in the yellow and black NA livery at small independent dealership in Athens, Alabama.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Also PC users should not worry, FS17 had all the newer Claas equipment made as mods and they were well built. I am sure most of them will be converted to FS19 too.

Also, i this Command And Conquer Strategy game joke is good, to replace cattle+crops name with it.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

IceUul wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:03 am I am sure most of them will be converted to FS19 too.
Smety is already working on a Claas Torion and is said to have plans to convert his ‘17 mods over.
kewldude_001

Post by kewldude_001 »

So you know Caterpillar and Claas joined together to make the the US Lexion series back in 2000, but Cat sold their half to Claas a few years after. Claas still uses the original color scheme of yellow-black but removed Cat's logo and placed Claas. They sell both color schemes in the US the Yellow-Black and the White-Green. But don't get it confused with AGCO Challenger which is licensed from Caterpillar and has the same Yellow-Black scheme. In the end if it says Lexion on it its Class, if it say Challenger it is AGCO. Course I am surprised we didn't get the Challenger harvester when Giants got AGCO licensing for FS17. Would of liked having one in game.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Seen a couple of Lexion around my area in ohio. when taken a joy ride..
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Must say I like Claas better in its white and green outfit!

Ignorance is bliss
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

kewldude_001 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:42 am
So you know Caterpillar and Claas joined together to make the the US Lexion series back in 2000, but Cat sold their half to Claas a few years after. Claas still uses the original color scheme of yellow-black but removed Cat's logo and placed Claas. They sell both color schemes in the US the Yellow-Black and the White-Green. But don't get it confused with AGCO Challenger which is licensed from Caterpillar and has the same Yellow-Black scheme. In the end if it says Lexion on it its Class, if it say Challenger it is AGCO. Course I am surprised we didn't get the Challenger harvester when Giants got AGCO licensing for FS17. Would of liked having one in game.

Oh I understand that and know that most wont believe how much of a mess the ag industry is in sorting who is really who. If you do some digging I remember John Deere in europe either owned or partnered with a company to test the waters and I think it was the Sampo Rosenlaw brand. Samp Rosenlaw and AGCO did the same thing in another Country Africa or south america.

So sorting out who is who anymore can be a game all unto itself. Just because its the name on the cover doesnt really mean thats who it really is!