[FS19][PS4] bug/issue with controls

Amarlich

[FS19][PS4] bug/issue with controls

Post by Amarlich »

- PC/Mac/PS4/XB1: PS4

- Vehicle/Tool/Model/Object: controls

- Issues: there are multiple issues with it !

Driving a vehicle is a nightmare. And the game is all about driving ! Not a big issue, right ?

You can't accelerate or decelerate gradually, there is 100% or zero. Which makes driving almost impossible. You cant drive slowly, therefore you can't navigate in narrow places. You want to handle bales ? Good luck !

If you are using cruise control and you tap the L2 nothing happens, the cruise control is still on. You must pull hard the trigger to deactivate it.

The steering sensitivity is terrible. You can't steer smoothly, there is hard left or hard right, the whole vehicle is twitching.

On PS4 there are NO controller settings ! Why ? Why we don't have deadzone and sensitivity settings ?

I have three DualShock 4 controllers and each act differently. If all of them are new, still there will be differences between them. Why do you guys assume every controller are the same, and most impportantly, why do you assume everibody made from the same iron and have the same hands ?

This is the third iteration of the game on consoles and still no controller settings ! *thumbsdown* Seriously ?

- Single- or Multiplayer: single

- Steps to reproduce: drive any vehicle on PS4

- Does it happen on a standard map without mods: yes
lefe1

Re: [FS19][PS4] bug/issue with controls

Post by lefe1 »

Amarlich wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:53 am The steering sensitivity is terrible. You can't steer smoothly, there is hard left or hard right, the whole vehicle is twitching.

On PS4 there are NO controller settings ! Why ? Why we don't have deadzone and sensitivity settings ?

if you look under general setting you can change how fast you want the steering, it's called (Steering back speed) I have mine set to 90%
Amarlich

Post by Amarlich »

lefe1 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:41 am
Amarlich wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:53 am The steering sensitivity is terrible. You can't steer smoothly, there is hard left or hard right, the whole vehicle is twitching.

if you look under general setting you can change how fast you want the steering, it's called (Steering back speed) I have mine set to 90%
Thank you ! I'll definitely give it a try.

Edit: So, i tried and it does exactly what the name indicates. Slows down or speeds up the steering back speed.
Unfortunately this doesn't solves my problem, it doesn't change the steering force.
Amarlich

Post by Amarlich »

Sooner or later one of the devs will read it i hope ! And respond ...
mr_pele_rocco

Post by mr_pele_rocco »

Hey Amarlich, I recently acquired FS19 via one of my ETS2 friends who is a big, big fan of this sim. Like you, I'm also very, disappointed with the lack of simplest controller settings.

Been watching a few videos on YouTube of the pc version and their settings are slightly more comprehensive, even then not what I'd expect from a simulator.

I'm persevering at the moment, but driving at anything above 30kph is absolutely horrendous. So that eliminates cars, trucks and unladen tractor units.

I understand that a lot of vloggers and streamers tend to have an ideal setup with wheels, pedals etc but sometimes even experienced simmers, like myself, just want to be able to pick up a controller and have arguably just as good control as a wheel.
Amarlich

Post by Amarlich »

50 days has been passed and NO response from the devs *thumbsdown*

Great customer care ! Shame on you !
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

This has been mentioned in multiple threads, and nowhere have I seen any response from Giants. There are many improved things about that gameplay, but the controls are horrible. Please help us out Giants, we are trying really hard to enjoy this game.
FS17/PS4/CPF/OSF/Oakfield/Lone Oak/Seasons