[SOLVED] Great Plains YP-2425A Can't Plant Corn

gilroy222

Re: [WON'T FIX] Great Plains YP-2425A Can't Plant Corn

Post by gilroy222 »

^ this. As a farmer IRL I understand the difference between the spacings and also understand that this planter COULD be set up IRL to plant wheat, canola, etc.

However, being a farmer in North America I can assure you that IRL this planter is hardly ever used for wheat, canola, etc., but rather Corn. You will have to forgive my ignorance when it comes to Europe as I am not familiar, but on this side of the Atlantic, these style of unit planters are almost always used for Corn and the odd time soybeans.

But nevermind the real life stuff. Let's look at it from a purely game perspective. We already have a few really large seeders that are capable of planting all the same crops. These seeders are bigger than the GP. However, the largest "planter" we have is much smaller than the GP. So aside from the real life arguments, it seems as though it's more of an in-game balance issue. As has been mentioned above, if they added a dlc with 60 ft. Corn planters then I'm sure everyone would be happy again. But until that happens there will be a lot of farmers in disagreement with this design.
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

gilroy222 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:37 pm ^ this. As a farmer IRL I understand the difference between the spacings and also understand that this planter COULD be set up IRL to plant wheat, canola, etc.

However, being a farmer in North America I can assure you that IRL this planter is hardly ever used for wheat, canola, etc., but rather Corn. You will have to forgive my ignorance when it comes to Europe as I am not familiar, but on this side of the Atlantic, these style of unit planters are almost always used for Corn and the odd time soybeans.

But nevermind the real life stuff. Let's look at it from a purely game perspective. We already have a few really large seeders that are capable of planting all the same crops. These seeders are bigger than the GP. However, the largest "planter" we have is much smaller than the GP. So aside from the real life arguments, it seems as though it's more of an in-game balance issue. As has been mentioned above, if they added a dlc with 60 ft. Corn planters then I'm sure everyone would be happy again. But until that happens there will be a lot of farmers in disagreement with this design.

Totally agree with this... But regardless of whether a 60 ft planter is coming this should still be considered a planter for row crops in FS.
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
Gtgblaze21

Post by Gtgblaze21 »

I also agree that this current configuration is bogus. And does hinder gameplay considering the fact that irl it does corn. I was really looking forward to using all the great plain/big bud dlc equipment but am extremely dissapointed to see this. Hope this comment helps persua devs to make a change BUMP
Apache1222

Post by Apache1222 »

And let not forget guys that this game is very mod friendly. Im sure at some point one of the modders will make a version of this that will plant corn.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

I was hoping so but I've read in a few places around here that simply changing one thing on a Giants base equipment and re uploading as a mod violates their terms of service. So that can't happen unless they totally change this thing around and make it even more wonky
Pict

Post by Pict »

Apache1222 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:45 pm And let not forget guys that this game is very mod friendly. I'm sure at some point one of the modders will make a version of this that will plant corn.
That's already been done almost from release, but is of zero help if your not on a PC or only use Giants approved mods from their modhub.

The odds that Giants would approve this particular mod, (which I see as a fix as it's really broken), and upload it to their website for console users is low at best.

We know they are just human like the rest of us as they show that oh so human trait of being unwilling to admit making mistakes, or discussing them. But that doesn't stop them from fixing it, even if they don't feel they can face talking about it, preferably soon and not in the next version FS21?, like the front tow hitches on the Stara tractors from FS17 platinum edition ;) An FS17[WONT FIX] even although reasonable evidence was produced...by me :) that has silently, until now, manged to function correctly from day one in FS19, thank you Giants, it never went un-noticed, but it hasn't helped my long game on the FS17 SA map.

Anyhow, lets not get mods confused with fixes shall we. I personally don't want a mod folder and therefore in game shop screen spammed with ridiculous fixes that should be address in the first few (preferably) patches.

I don't even want a mod folder full of mods to be honest, as it extends the game loading time significantly. Just a few high quality mods (not fixes) that enhance the current game I am playing, no more.

Lastly, and I feel this should need to be said, but it's Christmas and none of us want to have this getting in way of a bit of fun. For all time it took me to write this, they could have researched and fixed this error a hundred times or more. Come on Giants, how about a little bit less humbug and a nice little fix, no need to advertise it, kind of like a gold coin hunt...the missing one :)
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Yea giants won't allow a ingame mods on consoles. Kinda bad look if you mod thier stuff and make it look better or more useful.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
IowaFarmer34

Post by IowaFarmer34 »

Radio silence from Giants!? Bump
Emmiran

Post by Emmiran »

IowaFarmer34 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:16 am Radio silence from Giants!? Bump
Giants responded in the 14th reply of this post. That isn't radio silence.

Nothing that's been said since then is any more enlightened that what was said in the 13 posts prior to the mod reply, nothing more needs to be said. As far a Giants is concerned the current implementation is working as intended. Time to build a bridge.
Stay at home Dad, turned terrible streamer :)

https://www.twitch.tv/emmiran
Richard Dower

Post by Richard Dower »

I would like to add my voice and support that corn and sunflowers be added back to the great plains plantet/seeder.

Either that or release a machine of 15 + metres in size to fill the gap.
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Re: [SOLVED] Great Plains YP-2425A Can't Plant Corn

Post by Rahkiin »

We re-discussed it internally and decided to move it to planters and give it both planting and seeding functionality.
Danko40

Post by Danko40 »

Rahkiin wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:20 pm We re-discussed it internally and decided to move it to planters and give it both planting and seeding functionality.
A very BIG THANKS to Giants :this: *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
„Für alles, was du tust oder auch nicht tust, zahlst du mit Lebenszeit.“ - Georg-Wilhelm Exler
"Menschen wählen ihren Tod auf die Art wie sie leben." - Jean-Claude Van Damme
"Fachkräftemangel entsteht dort, wo zu wenig Lohn bezahlt wird." - Danko40

———————————————————————
LS15 / 17 - Konsole
LS19 - Platinum Edition (PC)
LS22 - PC
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Yay the internet wins again congrats folks.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Thanks.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Dood

Post by Dood »

Thank Mr. Giants