Anyone care to share advice on how to get started with PC gaming?

Curthbert

Re: Anyone care to share advice on how to get started with PC gaming?

Post by Curthbert »

Do NOT BUY A NEW PC just to play FS19. You can look for something older - much much cheaper and it will run FS19 all maxed perfectly. I have older computer with intel i7-4790k, nvidia GTX970 graphic card, 32GB of ram and it runs fine even with antialiasing.. You should be able to buy similar computer for around $700 or less.
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

Curthbert wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:14 pm Do NOT BUY A NEW PC just to play FS19. You can look for something older - much much cheaper and it will run FS19 all maxed perfectly. I have older computer with intel i7-4790k, nvidia GTX970 graphic card, 32GB of ram and it runs fine even with antialiasing.. You should be able to buy similar computer for around $700 or less.
Bad advice. I built an i7 1080ti build just for Farm Sim and it was worth every penny.

I would watch a few youtube video's on how to build a PC and build your own. That is what I did and it was very easy overall and I am not super technical and you get much better bang for your buck.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

screw it.. just go buy an old tractor and a few implements and turn your yard into farming simulator.. probs easier than trying to follow all of our advice on here
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Curthbert

Post by Curthbert »

Rbk_3 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:50 am Bad advice. I built an i7 1080ti build just for Farm Sim and it was worth every penny.

I would watch a few youtube video's on how to build a PC and build your own. That is what I did and it was very easy overall and I am not super technical and you get much better bang for your buck.
Why the hell you would recommend someone to buy a $600-700 graphic card just to play FS19? Are you nuts? This is not Star Citizen, this is a farming simulator! That's why you are using words "I build" instead of "I bought"... rich parents I guess? 1080Ti is total overkill for FS19
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

Curthbert wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:20 am
Rbk_3 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:50 am Bad advice. I built an i7 1080ti build just for Farm Sim and it was worth every penny.

Why the hell you would recommend someone to buy a $600-700 graphic card just to play FS19? Are you nuts? This is not Star Citizen, this is a farming simulator! That's why you are using words "I build" instead of "I bought"... rich parents I guess? 1080Ti is total overkill for FS19
Not at 4k 60fps it isn't. And I am 30 years old and buy my own **** thank you very much. Point is, it is not up to you to tell people what is worth it and what isn't.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
Curthbert

Post by Curthbert »

Rbk_3 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:10 am
Curthbert wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:20 am

Not at 4k 60fps it isn't. And I am 30 years old and buy my own **** thank you very much. Point is, it is not up to you to tell people what is worth it and what isn't.
So why do you think he is asking on the forum what PC to buy? if your logic is correct, he would bought $2000 gaming pc already! because why he would ask people what is worth and what not if it's not up to people to tell him that?? Jesus Man!
Last edited by Curthbert on Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

theres no need to fight about it.. ill bet I could find him an old yard tractor on a swap site for about $700.. then he just needs a plow, seeder and cultivator.. probs have to harvest by hand but no biggie right?

Edit - If he is on a tight budget we could get him a donkey instead of a yard tractor
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

The real question is, what is your budget?
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

I trawled for sale ads for months, looking for older, used pc's before building mine and I couldn't find anything on eBay, gumtree, Facebook etc that had similar spec that was cheaper than building my own. The cheaper (around 500-1000) ones out there were no where near the spec and were pretty obsolete and for one that offered the same or better performance I was looking at around £1500+ for a used machine. You also have the hassle of going to pick it up and the chance of finding the perfect machine in your area is slim.

Granted, if it was just for fs19, you don't need anything fancy, but I thought I would only be playing fs, however, now that I have a decent pc, I have found myself playing games I never thought I would and I have to say I love my pc and have no regrets about the money I have spent on it.

The other plus of building your own is:

It's pretty fun to do

You learn about pc's while you do it

You know it's new and fault free

It will last years with the latest games being playable for some time

you can upgrade components as and when you like without having to upgrade everything all at once and as you know how it goes together, swapping out a gpu would take you about 5 mins.

You can choose the style of machine. I wanted one that looks as plain as possible. The used ones I found looked like space ships.