[SOLVED] Great Plains YP-2425A Can't Plant Corn

gilroy222

Re: [SOLVED] Great Plains YP-2425A Can't Plant Corn

Post by gilroy222 »

Thank you!
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Good. I got tired of fixing it every time a patch messed around with vehicle xmls.
IowaFarmer34

Post by IowaFarmer34 »

Awesome! Thanks Giants team for reconsidering your position on this. I appreciate your willingness to listen to the customer.
Pict

Post by Pict »

Good decision *thumbsup*
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

Many thanks Giants
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
TedGlenn

Post by TedGlenn »

Well done Giants, many thanks
I'm on the right tractor baby,
I was born red and grey!
jah223

Post by jah223 »

Fantastic!!!
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

if you are going to change it then make sure you impose the lower end planter speeds and NOT seeder speeds regardless of seed type being planted.

or you could just stop caving in to vocal minorities. :hmm:

the question dose remain, are you going to correct the modal, as 30" twin row is NOT used for barley, wheat, oats and canola in high yield planting, as that is the domain of the 20" twin row variant (10" effective), but then you fall foul of the fact that the 20" twin row variant (10" effective) is not in the main used for maze etc.

if your not changing the modal thus it will stay as a 30" twin row then you should really be removing barley, wheat, oats and canola function, else drastically cut barley, wheat, oats and canola yield if this planter is used for planting said crops due to the theoretical lack of plants per hectare.

;)
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Richard Dower

Post by Richard Dower »

Thank you giants staffers for listening.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I wonder when this change will happen :hmm:
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

b101uk wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:36 pm if you are going to change it then make sure you impose the lower end planter speeds and NOT seeder speeds regardless of seed type being planted.

or you could just stop caving in to vocal minorities. :hmm:

the question dose remain, are you going to correct the modal, as 30" twin row is NOT used for barley, wheat, oats and canola in high yield planting, as that is the domain of the 20" twin row variant (10" effective), but then you fall foul of the fact that the 20" twin row variant (10" effective) is not in the main used for maze etc.

if your not changing the modal thus it will stay as a 30" twin row then you should really be removing barley, wheat, oats and canola function, else drastically cut barley, wheat, oats and canola yield if this planter is used for planting said crops due to the theoretical lack of plants per hectare.

;)
So as you say yourself, the model is 30" rows and not meant for wheat/barley, but you are criticizing them for putting it in planters?
PC: 9600k/1080ti
Jam4430

Post by Jam4430 »

Thank you Giants for listening!!! The probability of me buying fs21 just increased.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Rbk_3 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:04 am So as you say yourself, the model is 30" rows and not meant for wheat/barley, but you are criticizing them for putting it in planters?

as I have already stated the giants categories of "planters" and "seeders" should NOT be confused with the real world, Giants simplification is just that a simplification ergo some seeders WILL have potential to sit in the planter category and some planters will have the potential to sit in the seeder category, and what the manufacture calls it is irrelevant, as the Giants category is based purely on what it plants, nothing more nothing less.

yes but there IS the YP-2425A 20" twin row (10" effective) which is specifically wheat/barley/canola/etc and is NOT for maze etc in the main, which is what Giants were trying to depict and they were just to lazy to change the 3d modal from the 30" twin row to 20" twin row (10" effective), and a planter that is specifically for wheat/barley/canola/etc WILL sit in the Giants seeder category based purely on what it plants due to the simplification.

so IF giants are going to cave-in to a very small minority then I will hold them to going all the way.
1: planter sowing speeds for ALL crop types.
2a: much reduced yield of wheat/barley/canola/etc if the planter is used to sow wheat/barley/canola/etc in 30" twin row configuration.
2b: else the removal of wheat/barley/canola/etc sowing function in keeping with the depicted 3d modal.

as I see NO good reason for there not being penalties IF giants are going to cave-in.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Jam4430

Post by Jam4430 »

b101uk wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:06 am
as I have already stated the giants categories of "planters" and "seeders" should NOT be confused with the real world, Giants simplification is just that a simplification ergo some seeders WILL have potential to sit in the planter category and some planters will have the potential to sit in the seeder category, and what the manufacture calls it is irrelevant, as the Giants category is based purely on what it plants, nothing more nothing less.

yes but there IS the YP-2425A 20" twin row (10" effective) which is specifically wheat/barley/canola/etc and is NOT for maze etc in the main, which is what Giants were trying to depict and they were just to lazy to change the 3d modal from the 30" twin row to 20" twin row (10" effective), and a planter that is specifically for wheat/barley/canola/etc WILL sit in the Giants seeder category based purely on what it plants due to the simplification.

so IF giants are going to cave-in to a very small minority then I will hold them to going all the way.
1: planter sowing speeds for ALL crop types.
2a: much reduced yield of wheat/barley/canola/etc if the planter is used to sow wheat/barley/canola/etc in 30" twin row configuration.
2b: else the removal of wheat/barley/canola/etc sowing function in keeping with the depicted 3d modal.

as I see NO good reason for there not being penalties IF giants are going to cave-in.
I don't get it. Your saying the same thing that the majority of this thread has been saying all along. But yet you somehow don't agree with Giants changing it?
44mfarmall

Post by 44mfarmall »

Thank You Giants!
The Men,
The Myths,
The Legendary teams
we all know them as
the Modders and Developers
of this awesome franchise
we call Farming Simulator :this:
Heroes : All Modders