Machinry loses value FAST

Old-an-Slow

Re: Machinry loses value FAST

Post by Old-an-Slow »

lefe1 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:47 pm people keep forgetting that 1 in game day = 365 real days. So your Fendt 515C is already 4 going on 5 years old..
1 game day = 365 actual days is not 100% accurate for all things in game, is it? Lots of things running in game have their own time lines that don't line up to 1=365. Like some crops growth and equipment operating hours. 5 years old with only 30 operating hours should mitigate some depreciation for age. Unless Giants wants to multiply operating hours at something like x14 so it fits better with the time scale. Having actual operating hours is good for the player and is a fun stat to track so I hope they don't change it.
Farming on PS5
Alexandro

Post by Alexandro »

I have dirt "off", but the equipment needs repair anyway, especially implements. You could edit the vehicle xml file and prolong the lifespan of things, but it's a lot of work and if you don't save a copy of the files the next patch will probably reset the values, as the 1.2.1 did for me.
Bhcc

Post by Bhcc »

How do you turn it off. PS4
Farmer John 16

Post by Farmer John 16 »

Ugelvig wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:52 pm I know that. But in game that it not a lot of driving before the machinery isn't worth anything. Especially if I want to change it for bigger and newer machinery...
You don't have to sell them. Keep those smaller tractors around. They still work great for fertilizing and lots of other things that you don't really need a big tractor for.
Playing on PS4