Machinery sounds

Irishfarmet45

Machinery sounds

Post by Irishfarmet45 »

What's the story with the sound on all the tractor s they all sound the same like big fans. They sound better on fs17
GenXFarmer

Re: Machinery sounds

Post by GenXFarmer »

In real life, much of the noise heard in modern tractors is the fan for the cooling system. Engines have increased in power density (smaller displacement, same horsepower as older larger engines) combined with tighter emissions demands all requiring more heat rejection.

Add in increased hydraulic capacity and there's another large source of noise.

They aren't 1970s simple purring diesels anymore.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
Irishfarmet45

Post by Irishfarmet45 »

I drive the 8 series John deere and it doesn't sound nothing like the jd in fs19.
Curthbert

Post by Curthbert »

I bought medium sized 200kW tractor (lamborhini) in FS19 and I always cry when I drive it, it sounds so terrible. I had something similar (same performance) in FS17 - Deutz Fahr Series 7 and man, I was actually enjoying that sound. Now I have engine noise on 20% because it's just annoying.
loggerhall92

Post by loggerhall92 »

Am i the only one that noticed that the sounds of certain machines phase in and out at rpm drops and increases. they need to smooth that out.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

The biggest MF and the biggest JCB sound exactly the same...but they have totally different engine.

Some of the sound are really well done, but some (on previous version model) are "botched".
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Miketeg wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:40 pm The biggest MF and the biggest JCB sound exactly the same...but they have totally different engine.

Some of the sound are really well done, but some (on previous version model) are "botched".
Current JCB tractors are powered by engines supplied by AGCO.

I hope that the fact they sound the same is not a coincidence since it’s likely they are using the same engine.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

theSeb wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:57 pm
Miketeg wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:40 pm The biggest MF and the biggest JCB sound exactly the same...but they have totally different engine.

Current JCB tractors are powered by engines supplied by AGCO.

I hope that the fact they sound the same is not a coincidence since it’s likely they are using the same engine.
For real? If so, nevermind then :) Was sure that they had totally different engine.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Yeah they are definitely AGCO engines. Considering the size and hp we are talking about, it might be the exact same or very similar engines.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

theSeb wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:56 pm Yeah they are definitely AGCO engines. Considering the size and hp we are talking about, it might be the exact same or very similar engines.
Thanks for the info! Did not know !
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

theSeb wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:56 pm Yeah they are definitely AGCO engines. Considering the size and hp we are talking about, it might be the exact same or very similar engines.
If I'm not mistaken they also use a Fendt (AGCO again) CVT transmission, tweaked for higher speed.