Buying used equipment

Deereslayer

Buying used equipment

Post by Deereslayer »

Can we please get an option to buy used equipment. Don't have the $$ to buy everything new, would gladly do more maintenance to spend less up front.
SirLANsalot

Re: Buying used equipment

Post by SirLANsalot »

Modders could make one, but I doubt giants ever would.
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

Giants practically already have when getting used equipment to use when leasing it for contracts
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!
Deereslayer

Post by Deereslayer »

Then let us lease used equipment also
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

If they put actual breakdowns in the game then it would be a good idea. Save money at the risk of the older gear packing up on you.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Would really help when first starting...
PC gamer.
SirLANsalot

Post by SirLANsalot »

PoggleBox wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:37 am If they put actual breakdowns in the game then it would be a good idea. Save money at the risk of the older gear packing up on you.
I actually like this idea, stuff breaking. However we would need some stuff for wheel loaders. Like long forks for picking up equipment and weights for the back of said wheel loader. So you can pick up a broken tractor and put it on a low loader to take it back to the shop. Repair would be very expensive, or you could sell it instead. So maintaining your equipment would be very important, however, the older it gets, the more likely a breakdown would happen regardless of how well maintained the thing is (mimcs IRL).

Towing could be added....really be fun to have tow trucks for bigger things that a wheel loader couldn't pick up (like a harvester).

Would like to see this as a mod first, much like forestry being a mod for FS13 (and before) at first, and officially being added in FS15, a mod like this could see the same path.
Juls

Post by Juls »

I’ve always thought there should be second hand equiptment instead of leasing equiptment. I feel leasing in game is like cheating really. Most places in the world you cannot lease farm equiptment.

We could alternatively have a live active second hand market where you put your used gear for sale and someone somewhere else in the world buys it at some point after you put it for sale.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Leasing really isen't cheating, after 10 hrs you could have just bought it... Leasing gets very expensive very fast.
PC gamer.
Husqvarna TS 352

Post by Husqvarna TS 352 »

In the new update ypu borrow items and they are used. Wonder if Giants could add a feature where you could buy the borrowed equiptment
G'day
GenXFarmer

Post by GenXFarmer »

Being the equipment dealer on a MP server would be fun. Bartering on prices, finding new homes for used equipment. Repairing old equipment.
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
PoggleBox

Post by PoggleBox »

If they were really sneaky, you could become technically savvy if you maintained your equipment properly so that you could spot a used lemon at the dealership.(Equipment that has been clocked or has faults)And in doing so reducing the risk of it breaking down. Or you could pay extra for it to be given the once over by a mechanic before buying. Or get a warranty with it for x hours free servicing/repairs.
Platform : PC
i7 7700k@5.0 GTX1070Ti 32Gb DDR4, 500Gb M.2, 4TB across multiple SSD's, Windows 10
Cowboy5130

Post by Cowboy5130 »

I think it’d be cool to have actual equipment that you could get at the store so it looks like an actual dealership. Like if you bought something from there it would cost less than going inside and ordering something. If you were to order something, it’d be cool to have to pay more for it because they’d have to make it and ship it and you’d have to wait for it to arrive...
Ps4 realistic gameplay;
Ravenport start-from-scratch;
Absolutely love the game!