What is GPS mod?

Electsilver8

What is GPS mod?

Post by Electsilver8 »

I Know what courseplay is but what's GPS?
vertstartail79

Re: What is GPS mod?

Post by vertstartail79 »

Basically it helps you min/max your production by tracking the work width of you implement and help you stay in a strait line. Also helps minimize overlap and missing spots. Its extremely useful.

That being said its something that shouldn't need to exist. GPS function should be base game content.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

gps is AWESOME for field creation.. on my private mod map for fs17 there were no pre created fields.. and i have the OCD nonsense.. and being able to use gps to make fields with perfect lines was really really nice
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Electsilver8

Post by Electsilver8 »

Ok that sounds pretty awesome.

Got another quick question, I'm doing silage bales, is it the same as 17 where you gotta leave it wrapped for 1 in game day to turn into silage?
Bigfilmguy

Post by Bigfilmguy »

Now that the mini map has the compass at the bottom, do we need GPS any more? I find the compass dead handy for creating/expanding fields or even just harvesting in nice straight lines. Yes, I have a touch of OCD as well....
Viva la Valtra!
Intel I5-9400F, 16GB DDR4, GTX1660 6GB, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD
PS4 and proud!
Thanks to all modders, we do really love you, even though we don't always show it.
vertstartail79

Post by vertstartail79 »

Bigfilmguy wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:04 am Now that the mini map has the compass at the bottom, do we need GPS any more? I find the compass dead handy for creating/expanding fields or even just harvesting in nice straight lines. Yes, I have a touch of OCD as well....
the map coords do help but there is some "space" between the number changing so you can have a line go out even if the number doesn't change.
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

I'd say yes....even with the compass, I can't manage to stay in a straight line
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

no that was a thing with the seasons mod.. until we get that mod the silage ferments instantly
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Bigfilmguy

Post by Bigfilmguy »

Fair enough, I can't say I've used GPS as I'm on PS4, I guess the compass is as close as I'm going to get, lol! So does it do anything besides keep you in a straight line? Can you program routes in, or that what Courseplay does? I've always been kinda curious about those two mods.
Viva la Valtra!
Intel I5-9400F, 16GB DDR4, GTX1660 6GB, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD
PS4 and proud!
Thanks to all modders, we do really love you, even though we don't always show it.
SirLANsalot

Post by SirLANsalot »

GPS mod allows the game to do the steering for you (much like actual GPS does in tractors IRL). This allows for perfect straight lines every pass you make.

I do agree that it should've been in the vanilla base game already by now, it is the most popular mod out there and everyone uses it. Its not like its "cheating" or anything gimmicky like that. IRL farmers do not manually steer the tractors when plowing/seeding/harvesting at all, they all use a pre programmed course they make for their fields.

Giants....get with the program already!!!!

Courseplay is an alternate way-point system for the Helpers, it works best for non squared fields, like fields with rounded edges, since the vanilla helper is....an *$#%§* at best.
Electsilver8

Post by Electsilver8 »

Now I know what the first 2 mods will be for me when I switch to pc. Thanks for the replies.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Bigfilmguy wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:04 am Now that the mini map has the compass at the bottom, do we need GPS any more? I find the compass dead handy for creating/expanding fields or even just harvesting in nice straight lines. Yes, I have a touch of OCD as well....
The compass is useless compared to GPS. That's like comparing an old flip phone to a high end gaming pc...
PC gamer.