Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Psistorm

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates

Post by Psistorm »

Definitely looking forward to this mod, and with contracts itll be super viable in multiplayer as well now. A little suggestion too if I may: I'd love to be able to "sleep" during any time of the day. I know you realistically only sleep during the night, but this would allow fixed- speed servers where we could choose to skip the rest of the day in an immersive fashion if there isn't work left to do, rather than standing around for minutes on end at timewarp 120 until it is late enough to go sleep. Would love if that got some consideration, for sure.
Weasle

Post by Weasle »

Bullcrap you are sleeping during the day. There are farm chores to do.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Psistorm wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:32 pm Definitely looking forward to this mod, and with contracts itll be super viable in multiplayer as well now. A little suggestion too if I may: I'd love to be able to "sleep" during any time of the day. I know you realistically only sleep during the night, but this would allow fixed- speed servers where we could choose to skip the rest of the day in an immersive fashion if there isn't work left to do, rather than standing around for minutes on end at timewarp 120 until it is late enough to go sleep. Would love if that got some consideration, for sure.
Sure, no real reason to prevent people from sleeping whenever they want. We will look into it.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

theSeb wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:26 pm
Psistorm wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:32 pm Definitely looking forward to this mod, and with contracts itll be super viable in multiplayer as well now. A little suggestion too if I may: I'd love to be able to "sleep" during any time of the day. I know you realistically only sleep during the night, but this would allow fixed- speed servers where we could choose to skip the rest of the day in an immersive fashion if there isn't work left to do, rather than standing around for minutes on end at timewarp 120 until it is late enough to go sleep. Would love if that got some consideration, for sure.
Sure, no real reason to prevent people from sleeping whenever they want. We will look into it.
Haha I dont know if you re being sarcastic but very nice if you meant it. :)
BARNYwithaGUN

Post by BARNYwithaGUN »

Seen in another thread something about being punished for not rotating crops. Is this something being looked into? Seems like a interesting idea.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

BARNYwithaGUN wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:25 pm Seen in another thread something about being punished for not rotating crops. Is this something being looked into? Seems like a interesting idea.
Probably not as it was The Seb who was saying how it would be incredibly difficult to do it, and he is part of the team making the Seasons mod.
BARNYwithaGUN

Post by BARNYwithaGUN »

Ah ok that makes sense I figured it would be difficult. If anyone could do it tho it would be them. Im looking forward to seasons they dod a great job with 17
Psistorm

Post by Psistorm »

theSeb wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:26 pm
Awesome :D - I'm very excited for this mod for certain, and this possibility only makes it better.
Frick

Post by Frick »

I am the one who came up with the idea about crop rotation.
As usual no reaction from anyone at Giants, but theSeb was kind enough to explain why it is difficult to implement. And I accept that fact.
Right now I do not really enjoy the game.
I am sure Seasons 19 WIP Updates will make the experience good again and that I can play the game and enjoy it.
So, I would like to thank the whole Realismus crowd for making this game a good game, and all the effort they put in to this.
Frick

Post by Frick »

Drmattymd wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:45 am First of all, you didnt come up with the idea of crop rotation, its been mentioned many times on this forum. Second of all, we are in a holiday season so Giants probably isnt working and reading this forum.
Oh man.
I realize that I was not first with that idea, but it was mentioned here and I wanted to thank theSeb for clarifying why it is a complicated thing to implement.
When it comes to Giants never giving an answer to my questions I can refer to post that I made for example in the beginning of december.
You blame it on that the question was asked a few minutes before five o´clock, when Giants apparently all go home, or that it is a holiday season.
Why do so many defend Giants for never answering my questions?
I mean never, I do not mind waiting for an answer, but never to get it is a bit sad.
TheSeb is doing what Giants should do, and for that I am grateful!
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Why do you think GIANTS replied to EVERY question on this forum? That would be almost impossible. We're defending them because GIANTS cant always answer everybody's questions and people get upset about that for some reason
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Smith Modding wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:48 pm ...GIANTS cant always answer everybody's questions and people get upset about that for some reason
Giants choose not to answer Smith. They can if they wanted to.

And yes people (including me) are getting upset about this because an "official forum" is supposed to be "the" place to get "official answers" from the developer not fighting with each other over some made up or rumor based knowledge.

Leaving their official forum unattended is something that deserves some reaction.

And to be completely honest, has defending Giants ever got anything to any of us?
Did you see them becoming more honest or more accurate on giving information just because some of us defend them?
Besides what or who are we defending Giants against?

I know, there are people in this forum having just the purpose of insulting to Giants or blaming them for things they don't even understand but there are also people asking the right questions for getting some legit information. So, ignoring everyone just because of the bad apples just doesn't work. At the end you get a community that doesn't feel the need to respect.
PS5 / FS22
Frick

Post by Frick »

Smith Modding wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:48 pm Why do you think GIANTS replied to EVERY question on this forum? That would be almost impossible. We're defending them because GIANTS cant always answer everybody's questions and people get upset about that for some reason
I must have been very unclear if you think I expect them to answer EVERY question. Did I say that?
If so, I do apologise, but English is not my mother tongue.
Ok, let us get the facts, shall we?
The post about crop rotation was posted Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:52 am.
Answered by theSeb Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:04 pm and that is admirably fast. It was followed by more posts that explained why it was hard to implement.
I do not know when Giants leave for the holidays, but it is not impossible to answer before Christmas is it?
TheSeb always delivers, for example going into details how to change harvesting sugar beet in the winter. I happen to admire that behavior.
Have a look around the forum and tell me how often you see anyone from Giant answer questions. I am probably blind, but I do not see that very often.
I see way more from realismusmodding.
Ah, but now you are going to defend Giants by saying they have more important things to do than answering my questions.
Fair enough. But it would make life easier if they put up just ONE mail to all of us stating the obvious. It would go something like this:
“We may, or may not, read anything on this forum, but we do not bother to answer because we have more important things to do.”
I can live with that. Then I know how it works and can act accordingly.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

x Lethian x wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:34 pm Bear with us guys. I'm currently out sick and Lis is on holiday. It's an insane amount of work to keep up with the thousands (yes, thousands) of bug reports across all language forum. Mainly doing EN and DE myself. We will need time and more manpower to manage each and every one, especially since most older reports are outdated/doubled or similar. We will get to you in time and I'm sorry if you're waiting for a reply - our small team is doing our best.
Posts like this you mean?

To be honest if you look through the giants teams posts on the forum, most were posting up to a week or so before Christmas. Maybe just not on the posts you are looking at. Guess they can’t answer everybody, if they did then people would be going crazy because they should be fixing bugs on the game instead of staying on the forums all day answering random questions about why the dog doesn’t bark in French or why we can’t have triangular straw bales. (Issues made up so as not to offend anybody)
Frick

Post by Frick »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:54 pm
x Lethian x wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:34 pm Bear with us guys. I'm currently out sick and Lis is on holiday. It's an insane amount of work to keep up with the thousands (yes, thousands) of bug reports across all language forum. Mainly doing EN and DE myself. We will need time and more manpower to manage each and every one, especially since most older reports are outdated/doubled or similar. We will get to you in time and I'm sorry if you're waiting for a reply - our small team is doing our best.
Posts like this you mean?

To be honest if you look through the giants teams posts on the forum, most were posting up to a week or so before Christmas. Maybe just not on the posts you are looking at. Guess they can’t answer everybody, if they did then people would be going crazy because they should be fixing bugs on the game instead of staying on the forums all day answering random questions about why the dog doesn’t bark in French or why we can’t have triangular straw bales. (Issues made up so as not to offend anybody)
Did not see this. Hope all goes well for them.
Sorry if you think my posts are about dogs barking in French, but that would be kind of funny.