How to fill Stara Drill

Johndeereman4250

How to fill Stara Drill

Post by Johndeereman4250 »

Just purchased the unverferth seed runner and can fill seed on the Stara estrela 32 but can’t find trigger for fertilizer tried hoisting seed bag up there and cannot fill where is the trigger.....fs19 btw
All Deere All day
FS19 addict. Ravenport XBONE
🚜🚜🚜🚜
chedly_farms

Re: How to fill Stara Drill

Post by chedly_farms »

You have to come in from the side. I found this out first hand. I have the seed/fertilizer tender and I tired backing up my drill 90 degrees to the tender and nothing. I pulled up and came around parallel and it filled up fine. Haven't had an issue since.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Hoisting a seed bag will not fill fertilizer :)
Johndeereman4250

I’ll give that a shot this evening thank you btw while I have your attention what tractor are you using to pull the stara with? I’m using the 500 hp big bud but want to upgrade to a faster tractor with faster road speed. Any help?
All Deere All day
🚜🚜🚜🚜
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Johndeereman4250 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:41 pm I’ll give that a shot this evening thank you btw while I have your attention what tractor are you using to pull the stara with? I’m using the 500 hp big bud but want to upgrade to a faster tractor with faster road speed. Any help?
I'm using the 8400R with full duals. It's way overpowered for the job, but they look good together. I wish they had a decent sized Great Plains drill but the Stara will do. I think it plants at around 11 mph. Road Speed around 35+.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Johndeereman4250

Ok I was thinking of going to get that but didn’t know how it would do on hills I took the starting fields 19, 23, 25,and 26 and didn’t know how it would do pulling hills
All Deere All day
🚜🚜🚜🚜
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

Well I have driven all over that stupid seeder and cannot for the life of me find the fill point for fert. pi** me off, have loose fert all over the place and can’t use it. How hard is it to put a proper fill trigger on a seeder? I am just getting fed up with these stupid issues, come on Giants. I guess I will go sell this Stara and buy something else that hopefully works.
FS17/PS4/CPF/OSF/Oakfield/Lone Oak/Seasons
snyperal

Post by snyperal »

You can scoop the spilled fert up?
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

Yes. Scooped up fert from the ground with a front end loader. Dumped it into 3 different auger wagons, none of which could fill the large Stara seeder. Ended up loading all the loose fert into the fert spreader, then “unloaded” from that back into pallets. A giant waste of time, but it’ll work.
FarmDemAcres

Post by FarmDemAcres »

I use the Stara only with no issues. I have found difficulty only when both seed and fertilizer big bags are next to each other. It is important to make sure the bag that triggers the Stara to "open" is valid for the opened compartment. So if the fertilizer compartment opens but then you get too close to the seed bag it will not fill and vice versa.
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

I have zero issues if using the big bags to refill, just pull up beside the bags and refill seeder. But I have been unable to refill the fertilizer at all using the seed tender or any other auger wagon. Seeds fill fine using the tender, but I have been unable to find the fill spot for fertilizer when using the tender. Very frustrating as I would love to be able to drive out and fill in the field with the tender.
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

Are you able to unload the extra fertilizer? I was looking at the XML and it appears that fertilizer is unfinished business.

Edit: You can unload fertilizer.
mespalin

Post by mespalin »

From the seeder yes. From the seed tender, no. That was the issue, I had a full seed tender, an empty seeder, and no way to make them work. Ended up dumping the fert in the ground loose, loaded with a FEL into the fert spreader, then unloading from that into pallets, then refilling the seeder from those pallets. Shouldn’t be that complicated, would be nice if they could fix the seeders fill point
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Skip the fertilizer in the seeder, use the spreader with the 6m extensions. Seems to use less fertilizer.
Johndeereman4250

Update:
I hook the vaderatad seed tote for the smaller planters to the front of my 8400R and fill that from seed tender with fertilizer. Works flawlessly plus adds as a weight to front end.
All Deere All day
🚜🚜🚜🚜