Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Rasping rabbit

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates

Post by Rasping rabbit »

No not your post, I was trying to keep the comment generic. Whenever specific issues are mentioned the people that have those issues instantly think you are aiming it at them 🥴
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Frick wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:51 pm

Right now I do not really enjoy the game.
are you saying you can't enjoy the game because you don't have crop rotation? if so that doesn't even make sense. because do you really need something to tell you to rotate crops when you can do that now...... and not all farmers rotate crops. spoerr that farms land around my house, in the last 5 years they have planted soy beans 3 years in a row then corn last year and this year back to soy beans. they plant corn probably every 5 years or so..soy beans and corn has been the only two crops I ever seen planted in the fields beside us in the last 30 or more years..
Frick

Post by Frick »

lefe1 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:07 pm
Frick wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:51 pm

Right now I do not really enjoy the game.
are you saying you can't enjoy the game because you don't have crop rotation? if so that doesn't even make sense. because do you really need something to tell you to rotate crops when you can do that now...... and not all farmers rotate crops. spoerr that farms land around my house, in the last 5 years they have planted soy beans 3 years in a row then corn last year and this year back to soy beans. they plant corn probably every 5 years or so..soy beans and corn has been the only two crops I ever seen planted in the fields beside us in the last 30 or more years..
No I am not saying that.
I can do crop rotation myself in my games.
And, yes, I know we come from different areas, but were I live crop rotation is a must so have respect for that please.
We do not grow much corn or soy beans in the northern part of Sweden.
Seasons is the thing I lack.
When that comes I will enjoy the game.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

We’ve already been experimenting with crop rotation over a year ago in 17. It’s not likely to be in Seasons 19. Let’s keep this thread about seasons please.
JD92

Post by JD92 »

what I see in the basic game is this: it rains, hail, there is the sun, the machinery gets dirty with mud. that's no good! to make it more realistic when it is dry the machinery must be dusted, when it rains it must be muddied. same for crops: + dry = + powder, + wet = -powder at the time of collection. another important thing to insert is the black smoke from the potholes, that transparent cloud is ugly.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Not sure why black smoke has anything to do with seasons...
JD92

Post by JD92 »

nothing but I think a bit of black smoke in the game after hours of work does not hurt anyone
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Modern tractors don't emit a lot of black smoke these days
FiremanDJ

Post by FiremanDJ »

My 1989 4WD with a 4.2lt diesel engine can be tuned to emit no smoke at all (even on full throttle with a heavy load). After some time, the fuel mix will get richer and it starts to smoke a little bit. If I avoid adjusting it I can produce thick black clouds with every gear change (I actually like a bit of black smoke, it means the engine is running rich. Not very fuel efficient however the extra fuel in the cylinders does provide lubrication and helps cool the engine which is important in Australia when climbing steep hills in the summer).

Just because modern tractors (as well as trucks and cars) don't tend to produce black smoke, it doesn't mean they can't.

But if you just over spent $100,000 on a tool that is vital to maintaining your income and lively hood, do you think you'd pinch pennies by not servicing it?
Hell, if it was close to it's due service and about to be used hard, I'd send it in early to make sure there would be no problems during the planting / harvesting etc.

If it were possible (and it IS, Giants please take note here and stop making the modding community do all the hard work for you), the vehicle maintenance mechanics should based on several factors rather then just engine hours.
Eg, Engine hours are used to handle servicing requirements, ie oil change / tune up. Exceed the recommended hours and you start getting blacker smoke, slightly less power etc.
Engine hours multiplied by workload (eg, 100hp engine pulling a 50hp implment would by x1.5, pulling a 100hp implement would be x2) with additional multiplication based on hours overdue for service would affect engine wear (the time before the engine starts having expensive break downs and eventual engine failure).

Using smaller implements with regular servicing would mean a longer life of your tractors engine.

Other factors could also be included, such as tyre wear (with options for tyre changes to include taking it to the store, or buying tyres on pallets and "changing" them at the farm), suspension / chassis wear & tear (driving fast over ploughed fields wears them out faster) and overall damage (such as crashing into trees) could all be implemented to have various effects including reduced functionality and reduced sale price.

That however is far beyond the scope of the Seasons mod. But if they wish to add a small cosmetic feature like black smoke, then they have my full support.
JD92

Post by JD92 »

exact! I happen to see tractors under stress that make a cloud of black smoke that then disappears immediately into the air but part of that .. mine was a wider speech that I have not explained and this centers with the seasons .. when it is cold a tractor it's harder to ignite and it takes time to get it to work at optimal working temperature to avoid breakage .. what I want to tell you is that with the 17 season we had some cold and heat on animals and environments, now I think that this step must also come to machinery and equipment ..
kintino

Post by kintino »

FiremanDJ wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:03 pm My 1989 4WD with a 4.2lt diesel engine can be tuned to emit no smoke at all (even on full throttle with a heavy load). After some time, the fuel mix will get richer and it starts to smoke a little bit. If I avoid adjusting it I can produce thick black clouds with every gear change (I actually like a bit of black smoke, it means the engine is running rich. Not very fuel efficient however the extra fuel in the cylinders does provide lubrication and helps cool the engine which is important in Australia when climbing steep hills in the summer).

Just because modern tractors (as well as trucks and cars) don't tend to produce black smoke, it doesn't mean they can't.

But if you just over spent $100,000 on a tool that is vital to maintaining your income and lively hood, do you think you'd pinch pennies by not servicing it?
Hell, if it was close to it's due service and about to be used hard, I'd send it in early to make sure there would be no problems during the planting / harvesting etc.

If it were possible (and it IS, Giants please take note here and stop making the modding community do all the hard work for you), the vehicle maintenance mechanics should based on several factors rather then just engine hours.
Eg, Engine hours are used to handle servicing requirements, ie oil change / tune up. Exceed the recommended hours and you start getting blacker smoke, slightly less power etc.
Engine hours multiplied by workload (eg, 100hp engine pulling a 50hp implment would by x1.5, pulling a 100hp implement would be x2) with additional multiplication based on hours overdue for service would affect engine wear (the time before the engine starts having expensive break downs and eventual engine failure).

Using smaller implements with regular servicing would mean a longer life of your tractors engine.

Other factors could also be included, such as tyre wear (with options for tyre changes to include taking it to the store, or buying tyres on pallets and "changing" them at the farm), suspension / chassis wear & tear (driving fast over ploughed fields wears them out faster) and overall damage (such as crashing into trees) could all be implemented to have various effects including reduced functionality and reduced sale price.

That however is far beyond the scope of the Seasons mod. But if they wish to add a small cosmetic feature like black smoke, then they have my full support.
smoke I think is irrelevant, dust from harvesters and some implements cause a drop in FPS on some PCs would not be cool. Tire wear would be more useful and attractive to a simulator.
Raqu

Post by Raqu »

I Will like a time line. Or som kind of year in the season.

You start in 1960 or 80 and Play forward so you dont have the newest and best tractor right at the beginning.
Start low and stop Hugh. By playing you Can se the chance in farm equipments size and designs through the time.

Love starting my farm with The Case 1344 xl. And earn some money to buy Bigger and stronger tractor.

Another suggestions, but its probberly Giant There need to come Work here. Will love to se the order farmers working there farm ground. So im not the only one having a tractor and combine. Then later Giant Can add AI farmers have each a diffrent type of animals so the cow farmer have more corn and grass Fields then the pig farmer. Then in the late game you Can buy some og this AI farms and take over there Fields.

Hapoy new year All. Vant wait for seasons. And a cuppel of other mods. ;)
Rahkiin
Former GIANTS employee

Post by Rahkiin »

A gameplay update:

Remember the grass, hay and straw rotting in Seasons for FS17? With new engine changes in FS19 we have been able to redo this system for Seasons 19.

Firstly, hay and straw heaps now don't rot when stored under a roof just like bales.

Secondly, we have also created a whole new grass system. It solves the issue of grass swaths rotting within a day and adds weather based gameplay to working with grass.
After tedding, the sun will need to dry the grass before it becomes hay. Is the weather bad and does it rain? Then the dry grass turns bad instead and will eventually start to rot.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

I love updates!
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
cabmac

Post by cabmac »

very nice... the FS 19 fertilizing ystem right now is not realy good as in FS17... you can only fertilize one time and even Einboeck doesn't "fertilize" like FS17.... is there a possibility to change this?