missing dlc

GIZYODAMO

missing dlc

Post by GIZYODAMO »

I am having an issue with dlc that was purchased but is not available in game, I purchased the fs17 game through steam, when I go to purchase the ropa pack and modern classics community dlc I am directed to the giants software website with no other options, since the game is made by giants software I assume this should not be a problem so I make the purchase, everything is fine until I have a large issue with corrupt mods so I uninstall the game and then reinstall it only to find that everything returns except the 2 dlc mentioned so in frustration I purchase both dlc a second time and again after having to reinstall the game the same 2 dlc are missing, the dlc were in game and working both times so why do they not reinstall like the rest, I still have the emails from giants software with the product key ( 2 keys for each dlc now ) but find no where to use them, this seems like a ridiculous problem to me, there must be a solution.
rikor420

Re: missing dlc

Post by rikor420 »

GIZYODAMO wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:39 am I am having an issue with dlc that was purchased but is not available in game, I purchased the fs17 game through steam, when I go to purchase the ropa pack and modern classics community dlc I am directed to the giants software website with no other options, since the game is made by giants software I assume this should not be a problem so I make the purchase, everything is fine until I have a large issue with corrupt mods so I uninstall the game and then reinstall it only to find that everything returns except the 2 dlc mentioned so in frustration I purchase both dlc a second time and again after having to reinstall the game the same 2 dlc are missing, the dlc were in game and working both times so why do they not reinstall like the rest, I still have the emails from giants software with the product key ( 2 keys for each dlc now ) but find no where to use them, this seems like a ridiculous problem to me, there must be a solution.
I don't know you, i will think you haven't try this:

On steam library select farming simulator 17, then look to your right, there will be a dlc window does it show in there? and if so are they installed? if not click on the check box and it will automatically install, if not you can do a search for dlc on your computer and see if comes up. or you go to your [url]C:\Users\your name\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019\pdlc[/url]

See if they are located in there, or even check your mods, but they should show somewhere. you will find them on your system. if you didn't find them i would contact steam and have troubleshoot the problem. you can ask steam to give you a refund on the extra dlc's that you purchase.
GIZYODAMO

Post by GIZYODAMO »

Steam will not give a refund because the dlc was not purchased from them, giants software does not answer emails so no solution is found
NickD94

Post by NickD94 »

Note a lot of the staff are on holidays and won’t be back in office till the new year be patient.
Farming is Life ( Respect Farmers )
Supersam

Post by Supersam »

Not sure if you have done this but worth a check... Go to steam, library, FS17 and look under DLC and make sure there is a tick next to them... If there isn't a tick but they show up there then just press the tick and it should install them.
Apache1222

Post by Apache1222 »

if you ended up purchasing the DLC's from Giants, they may work on the steam version, you just need to double click on the executable to install it. it should put it into your normal mods folder for the game. I always make it a practice to get the DLC's on steam though for my steam copy, and the ones from Giants for my dedicated server copy. That way I can keep track of things.

The email from Giants with the keys should also have a link to the download site where you can download them from, the site prompts you for your key to ensure that you have purchased it before allowing you through to the download page.
GIZYODAMO

Post by GIZYODAMO »

Apache1222 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:59 pm if you ended up purchasing the DLC's from Giants, they may work on the steam version, you just need to double click on the executable to install it. it should put it into your normal mods folder for the game. I always make it a practice to get the DLC's on steam though for my steam copy, and the ones from Giants for my dedicated server copy. That way I can keep track of things.

The email from Giants with the keys should also have a link to the download site where you can download them from, the site prompts you for your key to ensure that you have purchased it before allowing you through to the download page.
Thanks a bunch bud, used the second part of your solution, found the download link in the email, entered the product key and problem solved.
Thanks again, this is awesome!! :biggrin2:
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

NickD94 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:43 pm Note a lot of the staff are on holidays and won’t be back in office till the new year be patient.
From reading a post from OxygenDavid about his Marwell Manor map being ready for Giants he said they are away until the 7th of January.
Apache1222

Post by Apache1222 »

No worries, glad I could help. Have a safe and Happy Holiday
rikor420

Post by rikor420 »

GIZYODAMO wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:07 am
Apache1222 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:59 pm if you ended up purchasing the DLC's from Giants, they may work on the steam version, you just need to double click on the executable to install it. it should put it into your normal mods folder for the game. I always make it a practice to get the DLC's on steam though for my steam copy, and the ones from Giants for my dedicated server copy. That way I can keep track of things.

Thanks a bunch bud, used the second part of your solution, found the download link in the email, entered the product key and problem solved.
Thanks again, this is awesome!! :biggrin2:
I knew somebody will help with your problem glad you got it to work rock-on.
NickD94

Post by NickD94 »

norfolk farmer wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:21 am
NickD94 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:43 pm Note a lot of the staff are on holidays and won’t be back in office till the new year be patient.
From reading a post from OxygenDavid about his Marwell Manor map being ready for Giants he said they are away until the 7th of January.
They did mention they would be out of office till the new year after the big patch and you can’t blame them this is their only big holiday time off each year Christmas and New Years other holidays it’s a day or 2 they deserve to be with thier family’s :)
Farming is Life ( Respect Farmers )